Trying to narrow down table service choices

LindsayMouse

Earning My Ears
If you had to narrow down the following five table service restaurants to three, which two would you eliminate? OR which of the five listed are not to be missed in your opinion? Help! 1. Sanaa ; 2. Whispering Canyon ; 3. Skipper Canteen; 4. Le Chefs de France ; 5. La Hacienda de San Angel Thank you for any/all advice!

I would probably kill Chefs and La Hacienda. Chefs doesn't impress me much, and I have lived places with amazing Mexican. Sanaa, if you go during daylight hours, you can to watch the animals. Skipper and Whispering Canyon are very Disney experiences not found elsewhere.

If you wanted to keep one of the Epcot choices, I'd opt for Hacienda over Chefs based on atmosphere, and drop one of WC/Skipper/Sanaa based on menu interest and convenience. Since two are resort restaurants, they might either be more convenient (no park ticket needed) or less (because they don't match with park touring plans).

We love Sanaa and have enjoyed Whispering Canyon in the past, and are really excited to try Skipper Canteen this summer. We've never really been interested in trying Chefs or Hacienda. Not sure how much that is worth but that's entirely based on our personal preferences and interests.

We love Chefs! We have only eaten at WCC for breakfast and enjoy it but have heard good things about dinner. We have never eaten at Sanaa but love Boma. Unfortunately have never eaten at Skippers or La Hacienda. A lot of places we like we hear both positives and negatives about so I would suggest looking at the menus and deciding which 3 you think the family will enjoy the most that best works with your schedule. Good luck!

I would eliminate WCC but that's because the food doesn't appeal to me and it gets kind of mixed reviews. BBQ is a personal thing, some love it, some hate it. But I do agree about the atmosphere.

La Hacienda made the cut for us in favor of Biergarten as a more themed and disney experience. I agree Mexican is much easier to find than "Disney" close to home so that's what i'd cut.

Sanaa was standout and I loved SC so I'd keep those 2 for sure.

I would cut La Hacienda and Chefs. I prefer the food at the other three and all have great Disney theming as well.

We love Sanaa and have enjoyed Whispering Canyon in the past, and are really excited to try Skipper Canteen this summer. We've never really been interested in trying Chefs or Hacienda. Not sure how much that is worth but that's entirely based on our personal preferences and interests.

We have been to Disney many times. I usually do favorite restaurants and add some new each time. I have Whispering Canyon planned, which I did many years ago. I was looking at the menu and just a few questions. Do they allow if I was to get the skillet and I shared some with my kids? If they got a kids meal and I just gave them a little of mine, I was wondering if they would have a problem with that. Also, I saw a menu that shows that you pick 3 meats instead of getting all of them and also including a sampling of desserts. Is that an older menu or something they did recently?

We have been to Disney many times. I usually do favorite restaurants and add some new each time. I have Whispering Canyon planned, which I did many years ago. I was looking at the menu and just a few questions. Do they allow if I was to get the skillet and I shared some with my kids? If they got a kids meal and I just gave them a little of mine, I was wondering if they would have a problem with that. Also, I saw a menu that shows that you pick 3 meats instead of getting all of them and also including a sampling of desserts. Is that an older menu or something they did recently?
Anyone who eats off of the skillet at all has to pay for the skillet- they're very strict about this. I haven't been to WCC in a while either but I do believe that the choice of 3 meats is correct.

You couldn't pay me to eat at Whispering Cannon - I hate the idea of skillets and the hokey antics. Some people LOVE it though; question is, would your group? If I took the people I'm close with to a place with antics or that was "rustic" let's just say I'd never live it down or get to make recommendations again. So think about your audience, and go from there:) Have a great time.

You couldn't pay me to eat at Whispering Cannon - I hate the idea of skillets and the hokey antics. Some people LOVE it though; question is, would your group? If I took the people I'm close with to a place with antics or that was "rustic" let's just say I'd never live it down or get to make recommendations again. So think about your audience, and go from there:) Have a great time.

I'm the same--WCC did not impress me with their food (and I love BBQ!) or their atmosphere. It was loud and just meh to me. With that said, I enjoyed Chefs de France, while others here didn't care for it. So it's all personal preference. Which do you think your group would like best?

Thanks for the ideas. Again, it is such a personal choice. I have friends that love love Liberty Tree and I have others that think it is cafeteria food. You just never know. I also heard Chefs de France is amazing, which I have planned for the first time. I originally had Liberty Tree, which I did years ago and switched to WCC. I am not doing the dining plan this time so I am just making sure everything I do is worth the money. Never did that before being I always had the plan. I know drink is not included, but is dessert?

Thanks for the ideas. Again, it is such a personal choice. I have friends that love love Liberty Tree and I have others that think it is cafeteria food. You just never know. I also heard Chefs de France is amazing, which I have planned for the first time. I originally had Liberty Tree, which I did years ago and switched to WCC. I am not doing the dining plan this time so I am just making sure everything I do is worth the money. Never did that before being I always had the plan. I know drink is not included, but is dessert?

With the skillet? No.

I didn't think so, but I saw a menu online. It was probably old.
I google "disneyworld whispering canyon menu". The first one that comes up should be Disney's official website and that is what I use.

However, that doesn't seem to mention the three meats. That, I remember reading here recently. So I'm not certain on that one.

If you had to narrow down the following five table service restaurants to three, which two would you eliminate? OR which of the five listed are not to be missed in your opinion? Help! 1. Sanaa ; 2. Whispering Canyon ; 3. Skipper Canteen; 4. Le Chefs de France ; 5. La Hacienda de San Angel Thank you for any/all advice!
Usually it's easy for me to answer these 'which ADRs should I book' questions. But you have some good ones. Good for various reasons...
1. Sanaa is awesome. Definitely do this and book during daylight or just at sundown to see the animals well.
2. WC is my DDs favorite. The food is okay comfort food but my picky teens liked it a lot. And I love being at WL.
3. Skipper we haven't been to yet but I have heard good things.
4. Chefs is a great value if on DP. Yummy food. Like the prix fixe menu. Classy place and might be able to see Illuminations.
5. La Hacienda...I have not been to so this would be one I'd drop. We like San Angel Inn for the setting/ambiance.

So I would likely scrap Skipper and La Hacienda.

1. I have Whispering Canyon planned, which I did many years ago. I was looking at the menu and just a few questions. Do they allow if I was to get the skillet and I shared some with my kids? If they got a kids meal and I just gave them a little of mine, I was wondering if they would have a problem with that.
2. Also, I saw a menu that shows that you pick 3 meats instead of getting all of them and also including a sampling of desserts. Is that an older menu or something they did recently?
1. The skillet is an all you care to eat entree so just like any other buffet or all you care to eat family style venue, anyone who eats from the skillet will be charged. On another thread you mentioned your kids are 12, 10 and 8 so the two older ones would be charged the adult price.
2. Dessert is not included when paying out of pocket.

1. The skillet is an all you care to eat entree so just like any other buffet or all you care to eat family style venue, anyone who eats from the skillet will be charged. On another thread you mentioned your kids are 12, 10 and 8 so the two older ones would be charged the adult price.
2. Dessert is not included when paying out of pocket.
I thought so. Seems like a lot of money for 2 kids that aren't going to eat $35 worth of bbq food

I thought so. Seems like a lot of money for 2 kids that aren't going to eat $35 worth of bbq food
They have menu items for lunch so they need not get the skillet... not sure about dinner as we have only done two lunches there. They do have bottomless milkshakes which are a draw for my DDs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter