• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tripods allowed in the parks?

goofyguy49

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I hope this is a silly question. I want to bring my tripod into the parks so I can take pictures of the lights. Does Disney permit tripods inside the parks?

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

I've never brought one, but I've seen other people with them, so I assume they are allowed.

I saw a lot of people there last week with cameras and tripods. Huge tripods. Tripods so large I couldn't imagine carrying them myself, but they were allowed in. I've never taken one in myself, because I like to travel as light as possible.

yes, i've brought my tripod in numerous times. it's a full size (collapses to like a couple of feet, extends to over 6)

My husband brings a very small tri-pod and has never had an issue.

BTW - Why do you keeping putting the "thumbs down" icon in your post heading when there isn't any issue in the post?

I took a mini-tripod on our recent trip. It folds down to about 6 inches, unfolds to about about 18-24 inches. I used it to take some nice pictures of the Osborne Lights, Cinderella Castle and areas at Epcot while using the tops of garbage containers mostly. For the lobby at AKL and the lights built into the sidewalk at Epcot I just used the ground. Once I get a chance I will upload some to the community photo area.

My husband brought his full size professional tripod into Animal Kingdom just this last week, and we had no problems at all.

Jennifer

I use my Gorillapod, works great!!!

http://www.joby.com/

Oh great! Dfi just bought me one for Christmas...the littlest one. I was wondering how well it worked. I've never used one before but I like that you can wrap it around things and the surface doesn't have to be flat. I've been having visions of taking the perfect night vision shot inside the mexican pavilion! :banana:

I purchased and use the middle size. I use a Canon S2 IS (same size as S3 and S5) and felt the slightly larger one would hold it better. Not sure the size of your camera, Nikki, but if a smaller point and shoot, it will be fine. The Canon is a fairly large P&S. And it works great.

Sure they do. A must have for good fireworks photos.

If you do...dont wear a beige jacket.....I *almost* handed a guy taking pics of the castle my Photopass card. haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter