Trip Report Sept 7-10

jabrabu

Mouseketeer
I was on a work trip to FL, and still had some valid tickets to WDW, so I decided to visit the parks during the week. I have never seen the wait times so short in general, so it turned out to be a great time to go.

On Tuesday I took an early flight down (from MD) and arrived at DAK around 9:30. Wait times for Flight of Passage and Navi were around 30 minutes, but everything else was pretty much a walk-on. I rode FoP twice, Everest twice (5 min wait), Navi river, the safari (walk-on), Dinosaur (walk-on), Lion King show (walked right in a few minutes before show start). I also had some ribs and a cocktail at Nomad Lounge, and walked the 2 animal trails. It was still early afternoon at this point, so I hopped over to EPCOT. Rode Soarin and Spacehip Earth (both about 5 min wait), Living with the Land, Awesome Planet, the Mexico boat ride, Impressions de France, got a margarita at La Cava and sampled some food from the Food and Wine kiosks. Then finished with the EPCOT Forever fireworks show.

On Wednesday I had morning meetings and arrived at DHS just after 1pm. I thought I had just missed my chance to get a boarding group for RotR, but at around 1:05 I was able to get one for around 7pm. I rode Mickey & Minnie's Railway twice (30 min wait), Slinky Dog (about 30 min wait), rode RnR coaster twice (single rider line was almost walk-on), Tower of Terror (10 min wait), Smuggler's Run (single rider walk-on), Toy Story Mania, Star Tours. Lunch was charcuterie and a beer flight at Baseline Taphouse, and dinner was at Docking Bay 7. While in the queue for RotR it broke down, and we were held in a cave-like room (right before the briefing room) for an hour. That kind of sucked, but I did get to eventually ride. When I finished it was close to closing time and pouring rain, so I just walked back to my car.

On Thursday my meetings finished mid-afternoon, and I decided I had enough time to make it worth going to the MK. I arrived around 4:30, and all the wait times were 5-10 minutes except for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, which was 45-50 minutes, and Jungle Cruise was about 40 minute. I did Pirates, Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, Jungle Cruise, and saw Happily Ever After for the last time. Not bad for arriving at 4:30.

I took the day off Friday, so I got a BG for RotR and arrived at DHS a little before opening. Again, wait times were short and I rode everything I wanted to, and even did the Frozen Singalong. Rode RotR around noon. Hopped over to EPCOT at 2pm via the Skyliner and sampled some of the other Food and Wine kiosks, and rode Test Track (single rider walk on). Late afternoon I headed to the airport to catch my plane back home.

Overall, it was awesome. I've never seen the wait times so short before. Weather was hot and humid with a couple of afternoon T-storms, typical FL weather this time of year, but not too bad.

What a whirlwind fun few days! Seems like the perfect time to visit (except for the heat/humidity). Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter