Trip #2: 4 Night Dream (Includes Concierge, Cabana, BBB, Traveling During School Time)-Complete!

We were definitely the first ones in the terminal. The line of people waiting in the parking garage was HUGE and visible from the bus.

First time reading a trip report and love this! Dumb question...why did the people have to wait at the parking garage?
The terminal doesn't officially open until 10:30, but the first bus from MCO always gets there before 10:30. People can park in the garage but can't come in until it's officially open.

I think it's an advantage of going by bus because you don't have to wait in those initial lines.

Thanks for your TR! We stayed in a 1 BS this NYE cruise and boy did I love the tub :)
Hopefully on your next cruise you can "disconnect" and truly relax...

Great trip report. I am a school administrator also so I totally get that you are never really "turned off". Especially during the school year. When we were on CCL 2 summers ago I was sneaking off to the business centre daily to check my email and it was SUMMER!!! My family is taking their first DCL over new years on the Magic! I am very excited. Loved the trip report. Thanks for doing it!

Great trip report. I am a school administrator also so I totally get that you are never really "turned off". Especially during the school year. When we were on CCL 2 summers ago I was sneaking off to the business centre daily to check my email and it was SUMMER!!! My family is taking their first DCL over new years on the Magic! I am very excited. Loved the trip report. Thanks for doing it!
Have fun! It's true you never disconnect 100%, but I definitely notice a different level of expectation during term and outside of term. Hopefully the holiday time is slow for you too.

I am a teacher and 3 years ago I started taking a week off every year during the school year to do some sort of Disney vacation. I pretty much never take days off and I hate the fact that as a teacher I always have to travel at the most expensive and most crowded times. Thankfully my administrators understand and don't care. The first time, I had a hard time disconnecting. Since then, I've really had no problem. I realize everything will not fall apart while I am gone and I am a better teacher when I get back because I have had time to rejuvenate. My daughter just finished 3rd grade and I have no problem taking her out of school for a week either. She has good grades and I feel like we end up doing so much educational, historical, and cultural experiences on our trips that she is getting more from our trips than she would during that week at school.

That said, I might feel differently if I was an administrator too. I also probably would never do a trip in August or April or May because of beginning of school, testing, and end of school. I have gone in October, November, December, and February. The best part is there usually ends up being a snow day or two while I'm gone, so my daughter and I aren't really missing as much school as it seems.

Loved the report. How does dining work in your room? We are in a suite next week. Thanks!

Loved the report. How does dining work in your room? We are in a suite next week. Thanks!

Thanks for reading!

On days you want to eat in your room, ask the concierge on duty to show you the menu. You'll be able to make your selections and set your dining time. The server will arrive, set the table, pour waters and serve you course by course. While you eat, s/he will step out and come back in to clear plates. After dessert, s/he will clear all of the dishes and linens. We tipped generously because service was excellent.

If you want breakfast in your room, you'll order the evening before and they can deliver at early as 8:00. Breakfast is also lovely but is much less formal. No tablecloth or anything like that. Again, we tipped generously.

We got a call from room service making sure we were pleased after our dinner service.

Have an amazing trip.

Loved your trip report! Our first cruise is in January, so I'm taking in as many trip reports as possible! Was the Hyatt Day Room a special thiing or just a regualr room you booked for a day? Thanks for sharing!

Great report! We are going on our first cruise in April 2017 on the Dream. How/where do you book a cabana? I know it's a long shot since we aren't staying concierge, but I'd like to at least try since this will probably be our only kid free trip and it would be nice to do something special :)

Great report! We are going on our first cruise in April 2017 on the Dream. How/where do you book a cabana? I know it's a long shot since we aren't staying concierge, but I'd like to at least try since this will probably be our only kid free trip and it would be nice to do something special :)
Once your booking window opens, you can find them under Port Adventures on Castaway Cay day. Good luck and have a great trip!

Thank you for the help!!

Keep in mind chances are pretty slim for first timers. I am gold and tried for my upcoming cruise and there was nothing left unfortunately...but then I figured it was probably good I wasn't spending that much more money. LOL. I extended my pre cruise by 1 night and extended to the day after too. hahaha

Keep in mind chances are pretty slim for first timers. I am gold and tried for my upcoming cruise and there was nothing left unfortunately...but then I figured it was probably good I wasn't spending that much more money. LOL. I extended my pre cruise by 1 night and extended to the day after too. hahaha
Yeah I'm sure our chances are slim to none, but I might as well give it a shot. Maybe we will get REALLY lucky.

Thanks for reading!

On days you want to eat in your room, ask the concierge on duty to show you the menu. You'll be able to make your selections and set your dining time. The server will arrive, set the table, pour waters and serve you course by course. While you eat, s/he will step out and come back in to clear plates. After dessert, s/he will clear all of the dishes and linens. We tipped generously because service was excellent.

If you want breakfast in your room, you'll order the evening before and they can deliver at early as 8:00. Breakfast is also lovely but is much less formal. No tablecloth or anything like that. Again, we tipped generously.

We got a call from room service making sure we were pleased after our dinner service.

Have an amazing trip.

Thanks for this info and the awesome trip report! When you tipped for this service, did you do so right then with cash or can you add these tips to the room charges at the end of the cruise? Just trying to plan on how much actual cash we need to bring for tips. Thanks!

Thanks for this info and the awesome trip report! When you tipped for this service, did you do so right then with cash or can you add these tips to the room charges at the end of the cruise? Just trying to plan on how much actual cash we need to bring for tips. Thanks!
We used cash. I'm sure you can add it on to your account, but it seemed much easier to just give cash. It was one of the few times we needed actual money.

Awesome trip report and glad we got to be there with you. Ryan loved the tequila tasting and our Facebook group was full of great people. We are getting ready for our next two cruises, both double dips to CC (May on the Fantasy and late June on Dream).

Thanks for the tip on Homewood suites and getting into port. We are going to do that for this one in May for sure.

Hopefully our vacation paths will cross again. Have fun in March!

Just caught up reading your trip report - very nice! We just cruised in Oct 17, Concierge for our first time. We had similar feelings about - as well as the Cabana. While we enjoyed it, we really didn't spend much time in it to justify the cost.

Thanks for sharing!!! Your daughter is adorable :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter