Tried 2 new ones:Mama Melrose and Kona for dinner

tiggergirlinMI

Now living 30 minutes from the World!
We got back a few weeks ago but I wanted to comment on 2 restaurants. First the good. We have had Kona Cafe for breakfast but never dinner. The presentation of desserts when we walked in was reason enough to leave room for dessert. We had prime rib and it was outstanding. The whole meal was great, service outstanding and desserts? wow......I had some kind of chocolate lava cake with chocolate ganache and one of my sons had an ice cream cone that seemed to balance on blue clouds, AKA cotton candy.
Great dinner A+
Mama Melrose, hmmmm, food was good....however, we had Sam for a waiter, and the first time he walked away when I was asking for another soda, I thought maybe he didn't hear me. When the rest of my family asked other things 3 other times, he turned from us and ignored us AS we were talking and walked away. I was shocked. As we left, I asked to speak to the manager, she came up and apologized saying he is one of her best waiters? Maybe he had issues that night or was in a bad mood but it spoiled the experience for us and for the price we paid, we won't be back.
We had a great dinner also at Alfredos, we will soooo miss that place.
LeCellier for lunch was outstanding twice and 50s prime time was fun as always, as was WCC!

Can you tell me a little more about the food at Mama Melroses? With all the mixed reviews on here I am still undecided if I will be eatting here.

Thanks

ThE desserts at Kona Cafe are the best. I love that chocolate torte (can't remember name) and DD got that kiddie cone, yummy. How was the food at Mama Melrose? I'm deciding on it for FDP or just going to 50's PT and waiting the hour for fantasmic :guilty: .

We got back a few weeks ago but I wanted to comment on 2 restaurants. First the good. We have had Kona Cafe for breakfast but never dinner. The presentation of desserts when we walked in was reason enough to leave room for dessert. We had prime rib and it was outstanding. The whole meal was great, service outstanding and desserts? wow......I had some kind of chocolate lava cake with chocolate ganache and one of my sons had an ice cream cone that seemed to balance on blue clouds, AKA cotton candy.
Great dinner A+
Mama Melrose, hmmmm, food was good....however, we had Sam for a waiter, and the first time he walked away when I was asking for another soda, I thought maybe he didn't hear me. When the rest of my family asked other things 3 other times, he turned from us and ignored us AS we were talking and walked away. I was shocked. As we left, I asked to speak to the manager, she came up and apologized saying he is one of her best waiters? Maybe he had issues that night or was in a bad mood but it spoiled the experience for us and for the price we paid, we won't be back.
We had a great dinner also at Alfredos, we will soooo miss that place.
LeCellier for lunch was outstanding twice and 50s prime time was fun as always, as was WCC!

Please tell me that you didn't leave a tip...;)

Kona Cafe is my new favorite also. A must do every trip. We also love Mama's. Haven't had bad service there yet thank goodness! :goodvibes

Shame about the waiter at Mama Melrose. I am looking forward to trying Kona Cafe in August :)

Thanks for the reviews.

We, also, had only ate breakfast at Kona Cafe and we went there for dinner on Monday, May 7. The food was outstanding - filet mignon, vegetable rice bowl, turkey medalions and shrimp/scallops dish. Our server, Denise was also outstanding - we personally met with the manager to express how satisified we were with the dining experience. We are here until May 19 and plan on visiting the restaurant again.:banana:

Kona I would think you can go for just desserts, as in most restaurants. Yes I left a tip, just can't seem to bring myself not to, but I think it was about 10-12 percent maybe? Maybe he was having a bad day but other tables had his attention. We ordered alot, an appetizer, I had a drink, would have had more if he hadn't walked off as I was asking for one, lol.
The food at Mama's was good, I wouldn't say excellent, I enjoy Alfredos better, too bad it's closing.
I would say try it. I had read alot of bad service reviews and was leary but went in with an open mind. Even when the waiter ignored us 2 times, I was willing to stay positive but the 3rd and 4th time? Sorry but my blood was boiling. We were going to order dessert but he brought us the check instead of asking if we needed anything else like refills or dessert, and I took that as it was our time to leave.
Kona Cafe will be on our return list from now on, was good and the desserts were delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter