Tree houses...need help deciding about staying!

DarleneW

Mouseketeer
I need help deciding if the tree houses will work for us. We will be 5 adults and 2 children (ages 8 & 5 girls). First question...how far of a walk is it to the Grandstand at Saratoga to take the bus? Second question...how big are the bunk beds? One of the adults in our party is using some of her points to book our vacation and we don't want to have her sleeping in the living room in a pull out couch. That doesn't seem fair. Could the 2 girls share one of the bunks?

Distance to Grandstand bus stop depends on where in the Treehouse section your villa is located and how fast you walk. Walking at an average speed would take 5-10 minutes if you are closest to Grandstand and 15-20 if you are furthest. I don't think both girls of those ages would fit in a single bunk. Maybe you could have the 5-year old sleep on a air bed and the smallest adult sleep in a bunk if that works couple-wise.

Thanks I watched the video. It looks like the bunk beds are each a twin sized mattress and probably too small for 2 children. I think we are just going to go with 2 studios at the Poly.

Thanks I watched the video. It looks like the bunk beds are each a twin sized mattress and probably too small for 2 children. I think we are just going to go with 2 studios at the Poly.
They are smaller than twin sized mattresses. They are shorter and narrower than twin beds. Very similar to the murphy beds that DVC has installed in many of the studios. And the floor space is really tight in the bunk bed room so trying to put an airbed on the floor might not happen either.

The bunks beds are smaller than a twin size. There is not floor space for a twin size air mattress because of the odd shape of the room. The tree house villas are great because you are getting a three-bedroom villa for less than a three-bedroom elsewhere but the sleeping arrangements have to work out right because the bunk bed room is really only ideal for kids. I would personally not stay here without a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter