"Treating" with DxDP Credit

krissyh

DIS Veteran
I wanted to triple check -
The brochure reads this way and I thought this changed happened, but before I book (hopefully tomorrow morning with a newly released code), if we're on the DDP (deluxe to be exact) and meet my Orlando nephew and his roommate for dinner, we can "treat" them with our Dining Plan credits, correct?

Haven't used the DDP since the change and wanted to be sure.
And, are there any restaurants that try to not allow this?
Thanks.

All reports are that you can do as you desire. I wouldn't try it at Via Napoli, but haven't seen any reports of problems elsewhere.

My concern is that everything I read on the disboards says you can "treat," but when you call Disney some CMs say you can, some say you can't, and some say it's up to the restaurant. We are almost afraid to invest in the DxDP because we have several meals based on "treating" other family members.
What would you do if you were in our situation? Need advice. Thank you!

We did this in October 2015 and again last May with the deluxe plan. We have family in Orlando that joins us for part of our trips, so the Deluxe plan allows us to cover all of their meals and save quite a bit. We are hoping to do this again for our trip in March 2017.

We did this in October 2015 and again last May with the deluxe plan. We have family in Orlando that joins us for part of our trips, so the Deluxe plan allows us to cover all of their meals and save quite a bit. We are hoping to do this again for our trip in March 2017.
That's great to know! Did any of the restaurants
give you any resistance or was it smooth sailing? Also do you choose one wrist band and ask the server to take all meal credits off of that particular one?
Thanks!!

We did this in November with no problems. They scanned one band and saw we had 2 adults and 1 child on our plan but said nothing about us paying for a third adult with our credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter