Travel bags and Disney Surprise!

Amandas4

A little Obsessed
Help me with ideas!! My kids know we are going camping over spring break. They don't know where we are going camping. I am trying to keep the secret till we leave.
We will be leaving right after dinner and driving a loooong way. So I wanted to make them up some travel bags with things for the car and I thought that would also be a good way to let them know where we are going.
So what could I put in the bags that screams "WE'RE GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!"
If it helps the kids will be: 11, 9, 6 and 3, when we go. Oh and the 11 and 9 year olds are boys and the 6 and 3 year olds are girls.

Help me with ideas!! My kids know we are going camping over spring break. They don't know where we are going camping. I am trying to keep the secret till we leave.
We will be leaving right after dinner and driving a loooong way. So I wanted to make them up some travel bags with things for the car and I thought that would also be a good way to let them know where we are going.
So what could I put in the bags that screams "WE'RE GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!"
If it helps the kids will be: 11, 9, 6 and 3, when we go. Oh and the 11 and 9 year olds are boys and the 6 and 3 year olds are girls.

I think a fun idea is to get Disney shirts with there names and date of the trip. Also, some disney coloring books for the younger kids, especially for the car ride. I would go on the disney store website or if you have a store near you to see what inexpensive items they might have to keep them busy in the car, something that doesn't make noise...lol. Maybe even some disney throws to snuggle in the car with or there favorite stuffed character. Have a great trip.pixiedust:

Right now the Disney Store online is having a special where you can buy one plush toy and get another one for a dollar. You could get them each a Disney character to put in the bags.

Make up 4 small gifts, one for each young'n. Wait (drive) as long as possible till,they or you can't stand it anymore and starting with the youngest working your way up to the 11 year year old have them open their gifts one at a time. With the first gift write onna (Disney card) (paper) "We're" ,,with the second gift write "Going" , the third gift "To" and the fourth gift "Disney World !"

Soooo coool !!! What a great surprize for the young's !!! pixiedust:

I think it is important to keep in mind that the excitement of going to WDW can be overwhelming (speaking from firsthand experience), so I recommend delaying the news as long as possible. Of course, you know your kids better than we do, so you are the best judge as to how they will react. However, that being said I suspect you'll be hearing a lot of "how long till we get there?" and "are we there yet?"

My DW advises that you don't tell the kids until you see the first palm tree or Disneyworld billboard, cause the kids will be going nuts. She also likes the t-shirt idea :thumbsup2

Hope this helps

I was just thinking about how to break the news to the kids and thought why doesn't Disney have a separate video section in their vacation planning DVD where Mickey comes on the screen and tells the audience "I am sooooo excited when I heard the news that you are coming to see me and I can't wait to see you! Have a safe trip and will see you soon."

(Added)...just had another idea, you could order Mickey Ears online with the kids names and then present them to the kids at the proper moment.

I would love to keep the secret till we are there but I have a child on the autism spectrum and he needs time to process things.
I've always wanted to do one of those surprise videos where we tell them "We're leaving for the airport right now!" or let them just see the signs or whatever but I'm afraid it would't go well with him.

Heres another idea.
Do you have ant of those Disney Info DVD's that Disney utsa send us upon request ?
If you do, wait as long as you can, till the kids are too rowdy and them tell'em you brought a Disney video for them to watch. See how long it takes them to start ask'n questions or figure it out.

I just did this with my four children ::yes:: We left on Halloween but I had to tell them a couple of days before as lots of packing of summer clothes would have raised some questions! We gave each child a gift bag with a Disney T-Shirt, an Autograph book, a small Disney candy bag, a Disney water bottle for the parks and a Disney gift card. I will never forget their reaction when they found out pixiedust: My kids are 12,10,9 and 4. Good luck and have a fabulous trip :drive::thumbsup2 I know this is not really activities for the car but it screams Disney!!!!!!!!

Heres another idea.
Do you have ant of those Disney Info DVD's that Disney utsa send us upon request ?
If you do, wait as long as you can, till the kids are too rowdy and them tell'em you brought a Disney video for them to watch. See how long it takes them to start ask'n questions or figure it out.

Thats a pretty good one! :thumbsup2

I was in WalMart today near our house and saw these gift bags with Mickey and Minnie on them and remembered this thread. They were $3.97 each. You might want to check your Walmart to see if they have them. These were in the greeting card section near the seasonal section which is already set up for Christmas stuff. :upsidedow If you don't see them and want to use them, PM me with how many of each you want and a snail mail address and I'll send you some.

Bama Ed

PS - Mrs. Bama Ed wants to get me the "coal" gift bag... :santa:

This was a great source of ideas:
http://www.pinterest.com/allergyfreemous/disney-roadtrip/

I suggest the $1 store for coloring books, sunglasses, pens, sm. flashlight (since you are camping) etc. Target and Walmart sometimes have Disney products inexpensive.

Since you'll be camping-Disney beach towels (for the pool) are nice for the kids-not only are they towels but a blanket in the car.

I've seen $1 stores that carry the Disney "recycle grocery bags" that can be used as a goody bag then a bag to carry to the pool or elsewhere. Each kid gets a bag to keep their travel items in while in the car and camping.

They will have a magical time. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter