Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Lol

I hate typing in the cell also
My computer is in the second floor of my house and I spend more of my time in the first floor so use the cell phone a lot

Call Tony

He always answers his calls
But he does not answer them when he is driving most times
He would call you back quickly

Not sure why you have not heard back from him by email

He has had email issues off and on in the past and so give him a call

Last year he did not answer an email that I sent
I then called him once it was 48 hours out

Turned out he did not get that email of mine

We used Tony's services for a 3 leg trip. We were overall satisfied.

1- MCO to Portofino Bay: least favorite service. Picked up on time but the van was old/smelly seat belt not workable in one seat...and hair hanging from overhead from previous guest. Driver (not Tony) was polite but not very talkative. Took us to a liquor store that he was not aware was closed. Not his fault, store sign said it should of been open. Didn't offer any alternative, delivered us to our hotel. Driving was a little scarey. I felt embarrassesd that our transportation was shabby.

Leg 2: MCO to Cabana Bay. Driver picked up my mom on a different day. She raved about the driver and the luxurious ride. Obviously, different than our experience.

Leg 3: Portofino Bay to Bay Lake Towers, early Am. Tony was the driver. Nice vehicle/ride and Tony was very professional and personable. Helping with our check in/bags ( unbeknownst to us, no one at BLT to check us in until after 7am).

We used FL Tours (2nd time in 2 years) $130 round trip between MCO and Portofino Bay with a complimentary 30 min stop. 3 people, town car from the airport and a suburban on the return.

I wrote to Tony yesterday to ask him the cost of

1. Disney POFQ to Universal RPR --- and then
2. Universal RPR to Airport.

He quoted me $100, but I feel silly and don't understand is that per trip leg or the entire thing? Also, do you pay for it in advance, at the end of each leg of the trip, or the end of the entire trip?

You can also pay ahead online by credit card:) one less thing to worry about during your arrival. I always tip the driver during each leg of the trip in case it's a different driver on your departure day.

Came back to edit as I did call Tony about prepay

He told me he charges after the first leg but will set up prepay only on request by the client

I had the option of paying in advance. I did not have to, but I liked having it already taken care of.

I learn something new everyday
Peeps can prepay Tony in advance

I'll edit my post so not to confuse any readers

He will make exceptions if the person requests it

Thanks for the heads up

If our plane lands at about 3:45, about what time would we get to RPR if we use a private car service? I'm wondering about rush hour etc. We will only have our carry on bags since this is a short trip so we won't have to wait on luggage.

Also, what does everybody think about Tiffany Towncar Service nowadays? I read a lot of posts where people were recommending them but I noticed on tripadvisor they don't have very many reviews at all. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...wncar_Service_of_Orlando-Orlando_Florida.html

After reading back further in this thread I'm seeing lots of posters recommending Tony Hinds... but then I read a post a few up that says they were picked up in an "old/smelly" van and one of the seatbelts didn't work. Macraven, do you know what kind of cars he usually uses? It would just be the two of us so we wouldn't need a van.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

All his fares are the large vehicle

I travel solo and he uses the large vehicle when I use him

The cars are cleaned after each use
Even the times a new fare is picked up as soon as one is dropped off, Tony or one of his employer, wipes down the seats and floor

No eating in his cars so I don't get where someone said there was a smell in the car

Have been trying to read through this thread but it's long! lol
Question, which company is the best option for renting a car in Orlando area? We have always used Magical Express and Disney bus transportation to parks and never rented before. Since we're doing a split stay at Universal (after checking out from SSR), going to KSC one day, and travel back to MCO, it seems like renting is the logical choice.
Any tip/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

when i did rent cars in orlando, i went with known brand name companies.
alamo
hertz
dollar
etc

could always find discount codes with major companies.

I hear some rental companies pick you up at WDW resort and take you to their closest location for renting a car. You have the option of dropping off at MCO. I like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!