Transportation options from Mco to the Doubletree suites on Hotel Plaza Boulevard

Shamrock88

Earning My Ears
I used to always stay on the Disney property. But decided to try the Doubletree couple years back, and really enjoyed it. I'm disabled and take my handicap Van. In April my brother and his family, he has two girls under four, will be flying into Orlando airport. I'm wondering his transportation options, and if he would be better off staying on the Disney property, as they have that bus service.
He has never stayed off the property, and obviously we would prefer to all be together, but I'm not sure what is available.
Thanks in advance!

You are hoping that your brother & his family will opt to stay off site with you. Good.

Give it a go ...

Your brother should hire a car at the airport & then use it to do other things outside of Disney.

Maybe you could All fit in one 7 seat minivan ..... and that way you could " eat out " as a family.

Go and explore. .......... Enjoy the Hotel.

Here are a few transportation options:
  • Taxi: Estimated to be $47.68 according to the Mears Taxi Estimator website.
  • Ride Sharing (Uber, Lyft): No clue as I don't agree with their business models.
  • Mears Shared Ride Vans: One-way is $23 for adults and $18 for children. Round-trip is $37 for adults and $28 for children. Shared Ride Vans may make several stops in each direction.
  • Mears Private Sedan: $80 flat rate from the airport. $65 flat rate to the airport.
  • Car Rentals: Variable depending on day. Most car rental companies allow "one-way" rentals within Florida. Your brother could rent a car at the airport and return it at the hotel or nearby on the same day. Doing this would avoid paying the $20/night parking fee at the DoubleTree. There is a Budget location at the DoubleTree. Nearby hotels have Enterprise, Avis, Dollar, and Alamo. Walking distance is between 5 and 15 minutes.

Websites:
Mears Taxi Estimator: http://www.mearstransportation.com/taxi-services/taxi-fare-estimator/
Mears Shared Ride and Sedans: http://www.mearstransportation.com/

Here are a few transportation options:
  • Taxi: Estimated to be $47.68 according to the Mears Taxi Estimator website.
  • Ride Sharing (Uber, Lyft): No clue as I don't agree with their business models.
  • Mears Shared Ride Vans: One-way is $23 for adults and $18 for children. Round-trip is $37 for adults and $28 for children. Shared Ride Vans may make several stops in each direction.
  • Mears Private Sedan: $80 flat rate from the airport. $65 flat rate to the airport.
  • Car Rentals: Variable depending on day. Most car rental companies allow "one-way" rentals within Florida. Your brother could rent a car at the airport and return it at the hotel or nearby on the same day. Doing this would avoid paying the $20/night parking fee at the DoubleTree. There is a Budget location at the DoubleTree. Nearby hotels have Enterprise, Avis, Dollar, and Alamo. Walking distance is between 5 and 15 minutes.

Websites:
Mears Taxi Estimator: http://www.mearstransportation.com/taxi-services/taxi-fare-estimator/
Mears Shared Ride and Sedans: http://www.mearstransportation.com/

thank you so much for your effort… Greatly appreciated!

Last two trips were at Universal (July 2016) and at Bouletree i-drive (near seaworld) December 2016. Universal trip I used the mears taxi app the entire time. It was fine but what i found was that if you used the app then the taxi meter was on and you paid what was on the meter. If you just picked up a cab at the amll - it was sometimes a bit random and we felt they were overcharging so we tended to use the pap even when near a taxi queue. No bad experiences though.

For the decemebr trip I decided to try the Uber app as I had been recommended by a couple of people. Rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes for a car. Cars were always clean and in great condition. Variety of drivers - some just drove, other had a good chat with you. Prices I can remember - Doubletree near seaworld - Florida Mall - just over $9. There were only three of us so normally used UberX (usually a Toyota Camry or similar size). For the trip back to MCO from doubletree we had 3 large cases and 3 good sized carry-ons so we used UberXL which usually gets you a 7-seater. Price was around (I think) 50% more but was still only $24 to the airport.

Fare is paid via whatever payment option you add to the Uber app. Tipping optional but we alwys tipped. (I have heard that Lyft - an Uber competitor, allows you to tip via the app, but have no experience of it). We used Uber for most of the holiday to go to and from Uni hotels and Disney hotels from Doubletree and there were no problems at all. Based on this trip I thyink we will be using Uber for our foreseeable Oralndo trips.

edit: if requesting Uber to pick you up at MCO - i think you can only get UberSelect and they pick you up in the tunnel under the arrivals area. We used this and the price was around $34 to Doubletree idrive. (Not sure if this is the only option for pickup but was the only one available to us at the time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter