Transportation from Sanford airport to Disney resort

ampooh

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about booking with Allegiant Air which only flys to Sanford. No Magical Express. Has anyone flown into Sanford. What transportation did you use? Shuttle or Uber? Also we will arrive late in the evening so I'm thinking I would book one night at a value before we move to YC the next morning. The price difference in one night at a value vs the YC CL price is large. Advice thoughts appreciated

I used Tiffany Towncar but I think most people rent a car. (and many people determine that Allegiant is not as cheap as they thought once they add in all the extras, like carry on bag, checked bag, assigned seat, etc.)

Ive priced others but we want to fly close to home instead of driving 2 hours to a larger airport. Even checking one bag and one carry on it's still

We've flown Allegiant on several occasions now and have both rented a car and used their add on service of transportation between Sanford Airport and your resort. If you use their service they offer two types of vehicles, a 11 passenger van (which we got on our way back and it was crowded and cramped for the trip) or a regular bus like DME. I guess it's luck of the draw which one you get. Still it wasn't bad for the price

We have flown allegiant and even with the charges it was still much cheaper. We always rent a car, and rates were pretty good.

Run the numbers, adding in the baggage fees (checked only up to 40#) & cost of transportion before deciding

Since they've come to PIT, have flown them a handful of times RT. Not one flight has departed on time, majority due to mechanical issues which they've managed to 'fix'.

Onsite rental is outside of terminal, across street & long, hot walk past a parking lot.

Long lines @ the small rental facility & they tend to scrutinize your codes/coupons. First time I've been asked to produce a DVC card.

Cars always more expensive than what i can find same dates @ MCO.

We only book them if it's a seriously huge difference in price.

Thanks keishashadow. We would be flying out of the Shenandoah Valley, VA for $99 each way. Otherwise we fly out of Richmond, VA on Jet Blue. I like Jet Blue so we will probably continue using Jet Blue

We are thinking about booking with Allegiant Air which only flys to Sanford. No Magical Express. Has anyone flown into Sanford. What transportation did you use? Shuttle or Uber? Also we will arrive late in the evening so I'm thinking I would book one night at a value before we move to YC the next morning. The price difference in one night at a value vs the YC CL price is large. Advice thoughts appreciated
Sanford is a small regional airport. It's super easy to navigate.
There are not a lot of flights so there is no long lines at security.
The rental car lot is literally right across the street from the baggage pickup carousel.

SFB is however, all the way across town from WDW. A 45-60 minute drive, either down I-4 or 417 (which is a toll road)

A rental car is usually the least expensive option for transportation to WDW (either 2 one-way rentals or keep the vehicle for length of stay)

Depending on the number of people and amount of luggage, UBER/UBER XL is going to cost you $50-$100 each way.

Allegiant used to have a shuttle service that you can book that was around $75/person round trip.
For one or 2 people this could be a reasonable option, if you are taking the whole family, this can add up quickly.
I don't see this shuttle listed on Allegiant's website anymore so not sure if it's still offered.

There are a few car companies that will make the run. Friends of our used TiffanyTowncars and the price was $270 RT plus a 20% gratuity.

A thought on first night: If you are renting a vehicle and arriving late, rather than driving in unfamiliar territory late at night, why not consider a hotel for the night in Sanford. There are some good options in the $100-$160/night price range (Marriott, Best Western etc.) and you could start off early and in the light in the morning after a nice breakfast at a local restaurant.

We have flown into Sanford many times and used Happy Limo for our transport to Disney. Usually get a stretch limo for about $250 each way but have also used a their town car option and that is about 1/2 that price. It is nice to get off the plane and have someone waiting that goes and gets our bags and transports them to the Limo. We have also stopped at a grocery store and picked up some items and wine for in the room but we have also had that delivered through a grocery delivery service. It is a bit more expensive but I don't have to drive, I don't have to worry about traffic or getting a car. The kids get souvenirs on the trip, I spend this money for me and the ease and not having to worry about a dang thing.

Edit:

I thought those prices were higher than we usually paid and I see they have went up in price and no longer have the Lincoln car stretch on their site just the MXT stretch.

I did see Orlando Limo Service offers the Stretch Limo from Sanford to Disney for $150 each way. I don't know much about them or researched them yet but might have to give them a try as that is a major price drop from what Happy is charging.

Last edited:
We have flown Allegiant to Sanford several times. We have rented car for entire time, and have rented car one way to Disney and back, using the Dolphin as drop off and pick up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter