Transportation changes (party bus lighting)

Or seeing four Old Key West buses leave HS while you've been waiting 30 minutes in a line overflowing the queuing to go back to Pop, which has filled two buses so far. There is no way OKW ever needs more buses at the end of the night than Pop.
I will agree with that to a point. Numbers-wise, you're correct but then there is a part of me that argues that if you're paying Deluxe Rates, having a few more busses should be expected. I know a lot of people who stay at the MK resorts who area always frustrated that they have to share buses with multiple resorts and want their own bus.

I will agree with that to a point. Numbers-wise, you're correct but then there is a part of me that argues that if you're paying Deluxe Rates, having a few more busses should be expected. I know a lot of people who stay at the MK resorts who area always frustrated that they have to share buses with multiple resorts and want their own bus.

Yeah, sharing the bus when at a Deluxe is a pet peeve of mine. However, when staying at a deluxe I am more likely to ride the bus than if I were at a moderate, for example.

Yes, but four buses in 30 minutes is still a lot. Two would be plenty time and volume-wise.

Am I the only one who does NOT want a light show to make my ride 'home' any more chaotic than it already is?

I love the THOUGHT of it...but that video was a little too much. I like the silence that the end of the day brings on the busses - dark, everyone is whooped, muted whispers, etc. Lights and screeching would be the last way I would want to end my day..

I love the THOUGHT of it...but that video was a little too much. I like the silence that the end of the day brings on the busses - dark, everyone is whooped, muted whispers, etc. Lights and screeching would be the last way I would want to end my day..

Keep in mind that was a demo of the bus so it wasn't moving and it was on a loop of everything, I think in reality it's just the starting and ending announcements they do already with added lights. That bus is actually being used and has been for many months but there is only 1 of them. The sign they had with the bus said it was just a concept bus and not in production to be added. I'm thinking they might have showed it off to get feedback on if it should go into production.

We always made our own bus entertainment by singing "A Pirates Life For Me" all the way home. Not sure if the other passengers all found it "magical" though ;)

Busses showing up is all the magic I need. If I could get fewer butts in my face that would be nice too but I don't wanna ask for too much.

Yes, but four buses in 30 minutes is still a lot. Two would be plenty time and volume-wise.

Absolutely think it's too much, probably double than what should be expected .... buses should be shifted based on lines. Leaving DHS last year our POP line was long enough to fill 4-6 buses looping dangerously out into the parking area (it was the last stop) - we watched several AKL buses leave with no more than 6 guests - the rest of the bus was empty. Poor management of assets there.

I'm thinking they might have showed it off to get feedback on if it should go into production.

My feedback would be to invest in greatly expanding the monorail--make it go to every resort on property. The exponential increase in scooter usage is making the bus system almost unbearable to use, and a massive monorail system is the only solution to the problem.

My feedback would be to invest in greatly expanding the monorail--make it go to every resort on property. The exponential increase in scooter usage is making the bus system almost unbearable to use, and a massive monorail system is the only solution to the problem.
I would love to have a monorail expansion...but it seems to be too expensive to build in swampland. I wouldn't be against a more typical-typ train or monorail beam on the ground.

But...a much more affordable solution to the scooter issue .. just start a "Magical Scooter express service" Rental service included with any resort stay.
Add supplemental solar scooter charging stations at the bus stops, for extra environmental good will.

I realize some guests need a scooter 100% of the time, so they would still use their own scooter..but this would help al lot with guests who are trying to maneuver a scooter for the 1st time in their lives.

There are plans in the works to Update the Buses Computer Systems, it's the device the Bus Driver uses and gets Dispatches from.The current system is really outdated and crashes a lot, the question might be is when they spend the money on the new Dispatch system, will they also do the Show Elements like you see in the video, my thinking is they could easily do the Sound Elements with the old system.

I think it's fine during the day, but from my experience driving a LOT of very tired, hot and sweaty, cranky guests on the boats, silence is what they seek. It always kinda bummed me out because I loved being "Tour Guide Thommy" on the Fort Wilderness route, but I also know how to read a crowd and the vast majority just wanna get their tired kids back to the room and go to bed!

I think it's fine during the day, but from my experience driving a LOT of very tired, hot and sweaty, cranky guests on the boats, silence is what they seek. It always kinda bummed me out because I loved being "Tour Guide Thommy" on the Fort Wilderness route, but I also know how to read a crowd and the vast majority just wanna get their tired kids back to the room and go to bed!
I love the boat captains who talk, tour, and the one who sings. THe one thing I wish the busses would bring back is the fanfare music that would play right before you got into the MK bus loop. That to me was the magic that started my day when going to MK.

We always made our own bus entertainment by singing "A Pirates Life For Me" all the way home. Not sure if the other passengers all found it "magical" though ;)
On our last trip we had a group of cheer leaders chant most of the way home. :cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana:

Some of the passengers were plotting how to get them off of the bus. :grouphug::grouphug:Buh Bye. :wave2::wave2::wave2:

Quite honestly, no one but their parents wanted to hear their screaming. :jumping1:

After MNSSHP I had to wait over an an hour at the MK bus stop. By then I had decided to rent a car for my next trip. This was too long of a wait with no place to sit at the bus stop, when everyone is so tired from a long day and evening. I would find the buses more magical if there were benches at all the bus stops (e.g., at MK) and if they could limit the wait time to 20 minutes. If there are enough guests waiting to fill three buses, then send three buses at once! Prompt transportation when people are tired would be more useful and appreciated than a light show on the bus.

After MNSSHP I had to wait over an an hour at the MK bus stop. By then I had decided to rent a car for my next trip. This was too long of a wait with no place to sit at the bus stop, when everyone is so tired from a long day and evening. I would find the buses more magical if there were benches at all the bus stops (e.g., at MK) and if they could limit the wait time to 20 minutes. If there are enough guests waiting to fill three buses, then send three buses at once! Prompt transportation when people are tired would be more useful and appreciated than a light show on the bus.

buses are actually faster than car at MK, especially at night. with a car you have to wait for the ferry or monorail which take about the same amoutn of time.. then you wait for the tram, then you walk to your car and drive to where your going. You cut out part of that trip when you bus it even with an hour line getting to your resort before many car drivers are on the tram. Other parks it's better but MK, buses or walking to contemporary is the way to go.

buses are actually faster than car at MK, especially at night. with a car you have to wait for the ferry or monorail which take about the same amoutn of time.. then you wait for the tram, then you walk to your car and drive to where your going. You cut out part of that trip when you bus it even with an hour line getting to your resort before many car drivers are on the tram. Other parks it's better but MK, buses or walking to contemporary is the way to go.

Staying at WL next time and will boat to and from MK, but the car will be useful for other places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter