Transportation between parks?

ScarletIndigo

Certified Sweetpea
This seems like a really silly question I should know the answer to, but here goes:

If I'm park hopping, how do I get to one park from the other? Is it mostly by bus service? Monorail, maybe? Help! ;-)

I feel so lame for not knowing, I'm going to go crawl under a rock now. :wave:

yes there is transportation from one park to another. Either by monorail or bus. It's just like going back to your hotel.

Boat is also an option if going from MGM to Epcot or vice versus. Personally, we find AK the one with the least transportation options so we usually drive over there.

JMHO,
Good Luck
Sandy

Like to help you but it is helpful to know how long your visit is going to be?
Some like to commute with a car from AK to the other parks then use Boat ,Monorail , bus, wlk , etc. but time is the factor or hinderance.
Also are you on site or off which adds to time travel (not in a time machine).
We traveled from the Wilderness Lodge by boat to The Contemporary, picked up the Monorail to The Transportation Center and boarded a monorail to Epcot, Walked thru Epcot to Canada and jumped on the water shuttle for MGM on the way had lunch at The Beach Club Resort, and continued by boat to MGM, by the way you can now walk from the Beach Club to MGM.
After visiting MGM take the bus For the Disney DownTown and Dine at the Rain Forest Cafe or MC Donalds, then hop on a bus to the Transportation Center. After you arrive walk to the Polyneasian and have beverage at the Pool then take off your shoes and walk in the sand and the moon light to the Grand Floridian, head into the Lobby and take in some chamber music, just before boarding the boat to the MK, where along the way you sight the Water Pagent before disenbarking , then board the water shuttle back to The Wilderness Lodge during which the fireworks from MK display before you, after which you walk off the Water shuttle at the WL dock and walk a short distance past Old Faithful errupting which inspires you to take a dip in the WL Pool.
Need a car?????????
ENJOY!

THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!
:jester: :jester: :jester:

Originally posted by MK Familystone

We traveled from the Wilderness Lodge by boat to The Contemporary, picked up the Monorail to The Transportation Center and boarded a monorail to Epcot, Walked thru Epcot to Canada and jumped on the water shuttle for MGM on the way had lunch at The Beach Club Resort

I never would have thought of this combo....would have just grabbed the car. Out of curousity, how long from WL to BC using this method? Maybe I can rethink my car for next trip?

Thanks
Sandy

Do you have to pay to park at the different parks? I'm staying at the Swan, which has free parking, but I don't know if Epcot, MGM, etc. charge for parking...

The route I suggested was one we used on rainy days, touring any new resorts since our last visit , or trying out the lastest new resturaunts at a resort along the route also noting the locations of rooms at resorts we would be interested in booking for our next trip.
This route is for the 5 night or more guest or for the parents of a small child who sleeps during the day back at the room or retires early.
One parent is free to roam the route and should bring a camcorder for filming points of interest for the spouse, later together they can reveiw the tape for reference of future visits lodging.

We have been doing this route since 1987.

ENJOY!

THE MAGIC HAPPENS!!!
:jester: :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter