Traffic from airport to Universal during rush hour?

kim31kim

Mouseketeer
How is the weekday traffic from the airport to Universal around 430pm? Curious how long the drive takes during rush hour.

a common question but i have no idea.....
never know when an accident ties up the road.

with no traffic you could be at the hotel 30 minutes or so.

I would take 528 to the turnpike and then I4. The first 2 roads are toll roads but that's how I would go. Much less traffic on the toll roads. I have the sun pass but I would go that way no matter.

That's the time we are usually driving from the airport to Universal and it's always been fine. Been a Thursday last few years.

We take the 528 and turn off at Universal Boulevard, don't mind the toll and it always takes us around 20 - 30 minutes max.

Of course on any given day there can be any issues with accidents or delays.

Any time after 3:30PM throughout the Orlando area is going to be a mess...add an accident or delay on 528 or I-4 and you've got a REAL mess. I would allow at least 45 minutes during that time of day. I don't travel those roads during that time...the "back roads" are bad enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter