• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trader Sam's at Poly was SO much fun!!!

We went last November when we were staying at the Poly and thought it was tons of fun. The servers are hilarious and really interact with the customers. When we got there, the only open table was a big one, so we sat there and then another party of 4 came in and they sat with us and it was so much fun meeting new people while trying the crazy drinks.

I know kids are allowed at TS from 4-8, but it is appropriate and/or fun for them? My kids will be 8 and 5 at the time of our next trip. We skipped it during last year's poly stay because I didn't think my kids would like being in a bar but maybe I will rethink it for this year's Poly trip. How early do people line up to get in at 4:00?

I know kids are allowed at TS from 4-8, but it is appropriate and/or fun for them?
I always see at least 8-10 children there at opening. They sit with their parents and love to watch the different effects going off around the bar. I wouldn't hesitate to take a child under 10yrs there before 7pm. I usually line up by 3:20pm on a weekday but I am one of the first to do so. Most people join the line between 3:30pm-3:40pm to get a table or at least a seat when it opens at 4pm.

We'll arrive on a Friday around 4:30 PM, staying at the Poly. There will be 3 of us. Do you think it would be less crowded after 8:00 PM? I guess we could always peek in and see.

Definitely give it a shot. We arrived around 9:30/10 pm and sat right down. Good luck!

Would it be fun if you had a non-alcoholic beverage? Would love to see what it is all about but would only be ordering a soda or virgin drink.

I want to take my husband here on our late August trip!!! I'm a huge tiki bar fan...our friends had a tiki themed wedding and I'd love to bring them a souvenir glass.

Would it be fun if you had a non-alcoholic beverage? Would love to see what it is all about but would only be ordering a soda or virgin drink.

yes! they have a small selection of specialty non-alcoholic drinks on the menu so you'll have some choices. and you'll see the effects happen with others order the alcoholic drinks. we visited the one in disneyland and had a mix of alcohol and non-alcohol drinkers and we all had a great time

We went around 10pm and sat right down. We had the hippopoto-mai-tai and it was delish! So many fun antics. A highlight of our trip.

So glad to hear this! I am planning to try and go on Wed May 25th after Wishes so it I hope I can get there by 10:45. Hoping to just have an appetizer and one of the fun drinks before heading back to AKV.

I am taking my DD and her friend on a grad trip that week and MK is EMH till 1am so I am leaving them there and I plan to head to Trader Sams and check it out by myself! So excited!:cloud9:

It is no Adventurers Club. There are no actors. The servers have little skits they do when the guests order certain drinks. there is some "active" décor, but none of it will have a conversation with you. Depending on what mood the servers are in other wacky things might happen. Or not.

Trader Sam's isn't a restaurant. It's a bar/lounge that serves small plates.

If bringing the kids, take note that everybody under 21 has to leave the inside bar at 8 pm on the dot. They'd still be permitted on the patio.

Last edited:
It is also quite small, very much a bar atmosphere and the tables are set up in a way that if you get lucky enough to get one of the seats you are very likely seated with a stranger sharing the same table or very close. All in the fun for me but others might not like.

Good to know the kids can go between 4 and 8 pm.
DS had a blast! So much to look at and the antics are family friendly (at least before 8).
DH couldn't figure out why I wanted to wait for a seat before 4 when we went last year. But I think he ended up having the best time

I can't wait to try it. Sounds like so much fun.

It's definitely on the list for our Monorail Crawl in October. Not sure if we'll start there so we can really enjoy it or wrap up there since we're staying at the Poly, but either way we're checking it out.

I found something interesting when I went to Trader Sam's last time. They do not serve soda at least at the Grog Grotto. At the terrace I am not sure. The food is actually very good. For the inside area, if you have a large group don't expect to be able to sit together. If you want to do that be there when they first open.

The Terrace is equally wonderful and it seems easier to get large groups in. I always enjoy the musicians they have there. It is very relaxing out there. I love Trader Sam's

I'm not big on fruity rum drinks so I think I had a few margaritas mainly. That said, I LOOOOOOVE my Hippomaitai glass, even if the drink wasn't my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter