Tours of the campus? How do I plan a visit to learn about the program?

Mint Addiction

Earning My Ears
My DH, DD, and I will be at WDW in January. My DD is a 1st year college student interested in the Disney College Program and the Culinary Program. Is there a way to schedule a tour or meet someone who can tell us about the program? We have sent emails and checked the website but there is no information there to help us plan a visit. Any information would be so great! Thanks.

Your best bet would be to just talk to CMs who are currently on the program while you are visiting. Anyone with a college/university on their name tag will be a part of the DCP. The later in the day you are there, the more CPs you will find. You can also check out youtube and blogs for firsthand experience reports.

There used to be a program where former CPs could be campus reps back at their school, but that program ended a few years ago. Now, the DCP is all word of mouth with very little formal recruiting processes

As far as the campus - CPs live in an apartment (there are 4 dedicated to CP housing) with several others (generally 2 to a room). There is a bus system that travels between WDW property, housing, and a few other nearby location (like Walmart). Youtube will have videos of the apartments.

Thank you so much that information is so helpful. Is there an office on the property where we can walk in and visit and maybe speak with someone?

There really isn't an office that you can go in to talk with someone. It's all done online and via phone as far as the application process. There is a website called Disney Internships and College Program (or something along those lines) that has some good information about the program and what it is all about. My daughter is there now for the Fall semester - you are welcome to message me with any questions you have and we would be happy to try to answer them. She has been there since august and is loving it!

As far as I know there is no way to actually tour the housing complexes. There are tons of youtube videos though where people do walk-throughs and such. The truth is that the program is so popular and so many people apply- so there is really no need for Disney to court students to sign up. Like others have said, your best bet is to seek out cast members who have the name of a college or university on their nametags & chat with them. You'll find many who are more than willing to give you the full truth about the program!

You can't tour the apartment complexes as they are guarded by super strict security. There are four complexes off of 535 and my kids have lived in all but one. They are furnished and some are in better shape than others, but all I have seen beat my girls' college apartment style dorms.

I would follow the advice above and read the official website, Google blogs and talk to kids with a college on their nametag in the World.

I would also be happy to answer any questions- I have one coming home from a 10-month stay soon and another heading down in January for her second program. All ups and downs considered, they wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

I'm happy to answer questions too--I did one program in 2015 and I'll be going back in January for a second program.

There is no direct way to get to tour the complex or learn more about the programs in person like in an admissions type setting. You can talk to people in the parks who are on the program. Just look for people with a college instead of a city or country on their name tag.

Culinary is usually harder to get information on because most of those Cms are back of house or very busy. If you do see a culinary person who isn't super busy then you can ask them if they mind speaking to your daughter but just know if they say no it may be because they simply don't have the time on their shift.

There are a ton of blogs on all the different programs and many of us here did a CP or even a Culinary Program so you can ask here. Disney also does some traveling information type sessions through out the year so check on the CP website to see if they are coming to a college near you. They sadly got rid of the campus rep program so there is not someone at most colleges any more whose job is to actually tell people about the program.

I did the culinary program and am now a FT pastry cook I at MK. If you have any questions regarding the culinary side, I can try to answer them. Most of the program is the same for both sides, but the interview process and requirements are slightly different for culinary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter