Touring Plans Reservation Finder - BOG success!

Indecisive

Mouseketeer
I am so pleased to report that the FREE (!!!!) Touring Plans Reservation Finder came through for me this morning with a BOG ressie!

A couple of weeks ago, I put in a request for a BOG dinner ressie for 5 people on a date in late April. Early this morning, while getting ready for work, I received a text message telling me that the Reservation Finder had detected an opening at 5:55pm on my date. I excitedly opened the MDE app and found that the time indicated by Touring Plans was, indeed, available, and I was able to snatch it up!

Just wanted to let folks know! Good luck to everyone hunting for a ressie!

Thanks for posting this. I had great success with Dining Scout last year, hopefully I can pick up what I'm looking for!

I got a BOG dinner ressie through the finder yesterday. Put the request in weeks ago and forgot about it. It also got me a Le Cellier ressie I had been looking for pretty quickly.

I also got a BOG through the finder today for the week after Christmas. I've been trying for months so I popped it into the finder yesterday and got the text a few minutes ago. I highly recommend it!

How far in advance did you get CRT? That's what I am hoping for for our March trip.

I got the crt about 4 mnths in advance.. I had it set up to send me a text when a reservation was available..

This worked for me last night! I was woken up by a text alerting me to a CRT 9:45 reservation for a party my size on 3/1. I went right online and pulled it up however I chose not to book. By that time my kids will be cranky and will have had to have dinner already so I didn't want to spend that much money fully aware that it could be a disaster. Fingers crossed something else pops up. I was glad to see the reservation finder does work!

The reservation finder just got me La Hacienda de San Angel during Illuminations. After scouring here, calling Amex concierge, and trying in vain on the website it got it minutes after I set up the notification.
I am in love. Haha.

The reservation finder just got me La Hacienda de San Angel during Illuminations. After scouring here, calling Amex concierge, and trying in vain on the website it got it minutes after I set up the notification.
I am in love. Haha.

That's awesome. I am hoping it comes through for us as well!

Glad you found what you were looking for. I haven't been so lucky yet and with our trip 6 days away I'm thinking it's not likely to happen. I did get a notice from TP on Saturday that a lunch for 5 at BoG opened up for next Monday. For some reason the text didn't come through until a few minutes late and by the time I got it, 6 minutes after it was sent, the reservation was gone. And I was looking all morning with no luck.

As it stands, I have a reservation for one and plan to just bag up our food and eat elsewhere. Not super convenient, but we are already bringing food for the kids as I couldn't just wait and see if we got an ADR (allergies) so I'll just order my favorite roast beef sandwich and sit at Gaston's Tavern or someplace else.

Glad you found what you were looking for. I haven't been so lucky yet and with our trip 6 days away I'm thinking it's not likely to happen. I did get a notice from TP on Saturday that a lunch for 5 at BoG opened up for next Monday. For some reason the text didn't come through until a few minutes late and by the time I got it, 6 minutes after it was sent, the reservation was gone. And I was looking all morning with no luck.

Wishing you pixie dust! I am always reading that many reservations open up at the last minute (e.g., the day prior), with folks cancelling in order not to be charged the no-show fee. I hope you end up getting what you want!!! Best of luck.

This worked for me last night! I was woken up by a text alerting me to a CRT 9:45 reservation for a party my size on 3/1. I went right online and pulled it up however I chose not to book. By that time my kids will be cranky and will have had to have dinner already so I didn't want to spend that much money fully aware that it could be a disaster. Fingers crossed something else pops up. I was glad to see the reservation finder does work!

You need to restart your search on the website after you get a text if you want it to keep looking. It stops after it finds one. You can also put in a time, and it will search an hour before and a hour after, so you can try to get a better time for you!

When I made my reservations for our 10 night May trip a lot of my times were not ideal for having a 11 month old going. I put 7 out of 10 of them in (2 at a time because that is the limit), and it found the times I was looking at for every single one! Highly worth the price...you can also google a coupon code I am sure. That is what I did. :)

As it stands, I have a reservation for one and plan to just bag up our food and eat elsewhere. Not super convenient, but we are already bringing food for the kids as I couldn't just wait and see if we got an ADR (allergies) so I'll just order my favorite roast beef sandwich and sit at Gaston's Tavern or someplace else.

Have you been watching Dec. Cancelled ADR thread? I saw a few pop up for next week for BOG lunch yesterday. Keep an eye on it if not, as more may post as they finalize plans, and of course keep checking, especially the night before for cancellations.

I'm noticing that TP's ressie finder search only activates searches in time intervals (which means if an ADR opens up TP won't inform you until it's next scheduled search) meaning that an ADR can come and go before TP can even let you know it's there. Plus I'm working most of the day when I'm not allowed to have my cell phone on and of course the texts usually come when it's far too late for me to even grab the ADR.

For the most part I'm starting to think this hasn't worked well in my favor. I'm better off just refreshing the official Disney page.

Also finding the Touring Plans Reservation Finder great! I've received plenty of alerts for the week of Dec 12 for BOG lunches and dinners :)

I also got a BOG through the finder today for the week after Christmas. I've been trying for months so I popped it into the finder yesterday and got the text a few minutes ago. I highly recommend it!

How did you get a free account through them? I can't find the free register area.. only the subscribe area.

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter