• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring Plan for MVMCP

clynngibson

Mouseketeer
Hi! What are you touring strategies for MVMCP? I would like to ride most of the rides available, as well as taking part in party activities like the dance parties, parade, fireworks, and character meets. We'll be going pretty early in the month, so I hope crowds will still be low for the parties so we can do as much as possible. TIA!

Subbing! Would love to know as well!
Going in mid Nov for the 16 Nov MVMCP and trying to figure out must dos and spots to watch the parade and holiday wishes.

Ive been wondering the same thing. We are going for the Nov 29th party and this will be our first time so want to make sure we get all the party activities in. I was just planning on getting some rides and dinner done before 7pm, and anything that doesnt get done that we wanted to do, doing on a non MVMCP day! :banana:

There are so many shows and festivities going on trying to fit it all in is a real challenge. We hardly got any rides in since we could do these on a regular day.
Once someone posts the the activity/park map for the party then see when shows are going on and plan from there, last years party map is probably on allears.net so you can see all that is available- plus you want to just enjoy the holiday experience. Looking forward to the party!!

Bev

You are going to have to prioritize and decide which things are most important for you to see. It is going to be very hard for you to ride most of the rides plus do the party-specific stuff. The party is not that long. The parade and fireworks themselves will take up about an hour of your time, and character meet lines can get really long, even at a not-so-busy party. I went to MVMCP the first week of December last year with my parents and sister, and we did not ride any rides. We focused completely on characters, shows, and the parade. That stuff was what was important to us, since it is the only time we could see it. The rides are always there.

This party is all about prioritization.

We will have to hit the first parade AND I have a party of 10. I would like to see the 7:45 pm show as well. Thinking my only prayer is to get a spot on the hub...to see both? Thoughts? Assuming time is the same (7:45 show and 8:15 parade) what time should the 10 of us line up!!!???

We have been to 7 MVMCPs. And we've never had time to do it all on any given night.

Go into it knowing that 5 hours isn't nearly as long as it seems. There isn't enough time to do it all. You will indeed need to prioritize. Pick your first few priorities then consider everything else a bonus. Otherwise you'll totally lmiss out on how magical it all feels.

We usually line up early for the Dwarfs or Princesses, then have a second stop in mind, then punt. A lot of it depends on how busy it is, but honestly, it's hard to find a party any more that isn't completely crazy packed. Even though they sell a "limited" number of tickets, everyone congregates on Main Street so it feels crazy crowded.

I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that they get some of the new Fantasyland open early in the MVMCP season .......... if for no other reason that to disperse the crowd some more. Last year seemed the worst yet. I think that's because everyone was squeezed into a smaller area.

We'll have 2 full days in MK that week, so for the party we could focus on the Meet & Greets, shows, parade, and fireworks.

Is there a complete list somewhere of all the characters available to meet? Or do we have to wait til the party?

Do most of you try and get there at 4:00 or just wait til the party time at 7:00 for lower crowds?

clynngibson said:
We'll have 2 full days in MK that week, so for the party we could focus on the Meet & Greets, shows, parade, and fireworks.

Is there a complete list somewhere of all the characters available to meet? Or do we have to wait til the party?

Do most of you try and get there at 4:00 or just wait til the party time at 7:00 for lower crowds?

Definitely get there at 4:00p. No reason not to.

As for characters, there will be threads here after the first party detailing what characters are there and where they are. You won't know before that.

OP, sadly I agree with other posters. There is just too much to do, and too many lines, to plan to do EVERYTHING during a party. Think about it.... if you do nothing but rides and they are mostly walk-on with bare minimum standby waits, that would probably take you several hours just to walk from one to the next & get on & ride, considering preshows, etc. The party only lasts 5 hours.

I took a Disney first-timer to a MVMCP in 2010 just for the rides because she was only in town the evening before a cruise but wanted to see the park. This was the first week of December, so not in the thick of holiday crowds or a sold-out party. We got there at 4, did nothing but rides & fireworks, and actually left around 10:30 having skipped many things she wasn't interested in. I would think that if we stayed until midnight we probably would have finished the rest of the rides & maybe squeezed in a dance party. But that's it... we would not have had time for character meets or the parade or castle show or a meal.

And now you're talking about adding all the special party events, plus multiple character meet & greets, some of which have queues approaching one hour long. Not to mention you will probably have to claim your parade spot ahead of time.

Sorry, I just don't think it can be done. You're going to have to narrow down what you want to do. Definitely arrive no later than 3:50 or so at the turnstiles, hit rides hard & heavy for a couple of hours, line up well before the party starts if you plan to meet the dwarves (like 6:20 or so), watch the 2nd parade from Frontierland where the crowds are smaller so you don't have to get there as early, don't waste party time eating (maybe grab something while you are on the curb for the parade). Good luck & have fun!

ETA: aaaaand that's what I get for not paying attention & noticing your update. You've got a better plan now. Still, arrive at 4 pm & you can do some riding before it starts as well as line up for the most in-demand characters early.

Thanks for your input, everyone!! I am so glad we get 6 full days at WDW. I don't know what I'd do with just a few days LOL I want to do as much as possible, but I'm trying not to plan too much so that I'm disappointed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter