Tougher Cell Phone Law to take effect 1/1/2017 in California

To those berating us that feel it's a nanny law, to me it just feels like one of those laws you read about being passed back in the day and can't believe it exists now.

For example: in kingsville, Texas it is illegal for 2 pigs to mate on the city's airport property. Now I wasn't around when this law was made, nor do I know why, but the supposed reason behind it is because once as a pilot was coming in to land, pigs were in runway, plane it pigs, and all perished (one pilot and 2 pigs).

Moral of the story: Someone died, let's make a law.
I'm just one of those that believes when it's your time, it's your time. If you weren't in a wreck with someone using a phone or while using a phone, maybe you have a heart stack, choke on a piece of food, break your neck bungee jumping, etc etc

To those berating us that feel it's a nanny law, to me it just feels like one of those laws you read about being passed back in the day and can't believe it exists now.

For example: in kingsville, Texas it is illegal for 2 pigs to mate on the city's airport property. Now I wasn't around when this law was made, nor do I know why, but the supposed reason behind it is because once as a pilot was coming in to land, pigs were in runway, plane it pigs, and all perished (one pilot and 2 pigs).

Moral of the story: Someone died, let's make a law.
I'm just one of those that believes when it's your time, it's your time. If you weren't in a wreck with someone using a phone or while using a phone, maybe you have a heart stack, choke on a piece of food, break your neck bungee jumping, etc etc
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning on this one. Do you think this law should not exist because everyone already has a date and time they will die therefore it is futile to try to prevent it? If that is your opinion then I will respectfully disagree. If I misunderstood your post then please forgive me.

If I choose to go skydiving and my parachute fails to open, then yes that was my decision and I assumed the risk. If my child(ren) are standing at their bust stop in the morning waiting for the school bus and an irresponsible driver wanders off the road and mows down a group of children that were doing nothing more than waiting for a school bus all because they felt it was important to text, check facebook, or anything else on their phone, then no, it is not ok, it was not time for those children to die, and the driver should be held accountable.

Google: "texting while driving accidents" and watch some of the videos. They are most certainly avoidable. Here's one about a driver that was convicted of vehicular manslaughter:

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning on this one. Do you think this law should not exist because everyone already has a date and time they will die therefore it is futile to try to prevent it? If that is your opinion then I will respectfully disagree. If I misunderstood your post then please forgive me.

If I choose to go skydiving and my parachute fails to open, then yes that was my decision and I assumed the risk. If my child(ren) are standing at their bust stop in the morning waiting for the school bus and an irresponsible driver wanders off the road and mows down a group of children that were doing nothing more than waiting for a school bus all because they felt it was important to text, check facebook, or anything else on their phone, then no, it is not ok, it was not time for those children to die, and the driver should be held accountable.

Google: "texting while driving accidents" and watch some of the videos. They are most certainly avoidable. Here's one about a driver that was convicted of vehicular manslaughter:

No you did not misunderstand it. Adding the premise of "children" to your example may elicit more of an emotional response about it, but my point is if anyone was standing at that bus stop on January 37th at 11:30 am (yes, I know there is no 37th) and a texting/talking driver "mowed them down" and they died, death was already scheduled no matter where or what they were going to be doing at 11:30 am on January 37th. I don't believe there is a way to evade death or prolong life, even with laws. That's why I live each day to the fullest. I know one day I will be gone...it could be today or 50 years from now, so I choose to understand that and go about my life as I choose.

No you did not misunderstand it. Adding the premise of "children" to your example may elicit more of an emotional response about it, but my point is if anyone was standing at that bus stop on January 37th at 11:30 am (yes, I know there is no 37th) and a texting/talking driver "mowed them down" and they died, death was already scheduled no matter where or what they were going to be doing at 11:30 am on January 37th. I don't believe there is a way to evade death or prolong life, even with laws. That's why I live each day to the fullest. I know one day I will be gone...it could be today or 50 years from now, so I choose to understand that and go about my life as I choose.
Fair enough. I understand your point of view now and kudos to you for living each day to the fullest. I do still disagree with it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter