Touchy people today

I walked up to a female member of staff in WalMart today and said, "Do you know where the Weight Watchers meals are?"

"I'm afraid not," she replied, "It's my first day."

"Fair enough," I said, "Let me show you."

That's about all I can remember.

Did you use that baby hippo joke of yours again?

Oh yeah, if you really do offence at this ill-fated "joke", I'd advise you to best avoid YouTube - I got it from there.

Well I can get anything from YouTube. Repeating it does not legitimize it.
This is not a one of from this genre but it is now a multiple. So I now understand the mind set

Such jokes used to be common. I'm not saying it was right but most people seemed to not care much. Nowadays people are very sensitive about everything and it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Such jokes used to be common. I'm not saying it was right but most people seemed to not care much. Nowadays people are very sensitive about everything and it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Many people probably did care. They just didn't speak up because those types of jokes we considered socially acceptable. Society evolves, behavior changes, it's part of life. Maybe it's not that people are sensitive about everything but more aware of how hurtful jokes can impact people.

Many people probably did care. They just didn't speak up because those types of jokes we considered socially acceptable. Society evolves, behavior changes, it's part of life. Maybe it's not that people are sensitive about everything but more aware of how hurtful jokes can impact people.

Bingo. People aren't any more sensitive than yesteryear. They're just not putting up with it in silence any more.

Domo...

I'm going to tell you what I've told my kids about YouTube. "But mom, I heard it on YouTube." is not an acceptable answer when I tell you that something is rude or inappropriate.

Makes sense. I hate to see people feel hurt. I just wish that people would realize that so much of this is irrelevant. I fall into certain categories that are made fun of too and I really don't care. I guess that's just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter