Top of the World

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
What's the current rule for Top of the World Lounge?

I am DVC member who will be staying on points -- but staying at Boardwalk, not BLT.

If I can get in, do I make a reservation or just show up?

Sorry, I should know this.

From the member website:
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2017.

Blockout dates apply for Top of the World Lounge, including but not limited to: December 30 — 31, 2016; July 3 — 4, 2017; and December 30 — 31, 2017. Current operating hours are 6:00 PM to midnight.

Accessing the Lounge

This perk is available for our Members and their guests. People who are in that Member’s traveling party and staying on that Member’s reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

Parking & Transportation

Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation.

Sign In

Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

Availability

This special access to Top of the World Lounge is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

Since you didn't mention your travel dates, don't forget blackout dates,. Typically 3-4 July and 30-31 December. These dates are often blacked out for DVC members staying anywhere BUT Bay Lake. You can find the information on the DVC site.

I will be there mid-March so I don't think the dates will be blacked out. (Easter is in April.)

I'm confused about the language, though.

Can I bring a friend who is staying off-site? Or can I only bring someone who is staying on my reservation?

I brought my parents to TOTWL with me back in October without any issues. They were staying on my points in a different room. When we went to sign in, it was myself, my parents and my two kids (ages 11 and 13) so they scanned just my MB and asked for my member ID card. That was it. No issue whatsoever. In fact, we enjoyed it so much, we went back later in the trip to see the Hallowishes too.

I just made reservations our son and future DIL.....Well, she will be my Daughter-in-law when they arrive at BLT. They are going on a Mini-Honeymoon on our points and full honeymoon later in the year. In my opinion,it is wrong to block family members staying with our points. Perhaps, they should come up with a family pass for one or two nights per year when staying on points

I just made reservations our son and future DIL.....Well, she will be my Daughter-in-law when they arrive at BLT. They are going on a Mini-Honeymoon on our points and full honeymoon later in the year. In my opinion,it is wrong to block family members staying with our points. Perhaps, they should come up with a family pass for one or two nights per year when staying on points
If I'm not mistaken, if DS and DIL are staying at BLT, they can just go up to TOTWL. Only offsite members have to check in with a CM because their MB won't activate the elevator to go upstairs.

If I'm not mistaken, if DS and DIL are staying at BLT, they can just go up to TOTWL. Only offsite members have to check in with a CM because their MB won't activate the elevator to go upstairs.

Even guests staying at BLT have to check in to go up - MB's do not allow access. The only ones who don't have to are those who happen to have rooms the 16th floor.

Even guests staying at BLT have to check in to go up - MB's do not allow access. The only ones who don't have to are those who happen to have rooms the 16th floor.
Oops. Guess I was mistaken. Thanks for the clarification.

I have read this is still open to resale buyers as its funded from Dvc dues- is that correct? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!