Top 5 TV shows with a predominantly African American

Black-ish!

If you're not already watching it, you should be. One of the smartest and most entertaining shows on TV. (Although the WDW episode was total crap)

I think that episode put a lot of people off from that show. I've heard people practically boil with rage at how entitled and spoiled the kids acted in that episode, to the point that they quit watching the show. Fortunately, the writers have dialed it back a bit from there, but the kids still rub people the wrong way.

I, for one, love Black-ish. The most recent episode (the election one) sealed the deal for me.

Grown-up favorites: (*two snaps up*) for Living Color, Everyone Hates Chris, Martin

Growing up favorites: The Jeffersons, Good Times, and Benson

Grown-up favorites: (*two snaps up*)

86f4af51b8df7233847f2c1882a17144.jpg

Sanford and Son, that one was really good I remember that was such a treat to see that one when I was a kid
Fresh Prince of Bel Air
The Cosby Show (when I was a kid it was cool... nowadays, with the whole Bill Cosby stuff, I don't think I could ever watch it again)
The Jeffersons seemed to be a good show too
Diffrent Strokes, I liked that one too.

What about Key & Peele? Even though they're biracial it should definitely be included. The anger translator skits were hilarious.

I'm a huge Blackish fan. I can really relate to the commentary on class and I fear my older son turning out like Junior. Diane scares me.

I loved What's Happening and the Jeffersons when I was a kid. I never missed an episode of the Cosby Show and also watched A Different World- the spin off. It's sad that a show as great as the Cosby Show has been marred by all that has come out about Bill Cosby.

Of the newer shows, we really enjoyed Everybody hates Chris. It's hilarious.

I like/love all the shows previously mentioned, and will add - Girlfriends!

I think that episode put a lot of people off from that show. I've heard people practically boil with rage at how entitled and spoiled the kids acted in that episode, to the point that they quit watching the show. Fortunately, the writers have dialed it back a bit from there, but the kids still rub people the wrong way.

I, for one, love Black-ish. The most recent episode (the election one) sealed the deal for me.

Very interesting to read this. I only watched that episode and I decided I did not like the characters so I haven't seen any others. Maybe I need to give it another chance?

Very interesting to read this. I only watched that episode and I decided I did not like the characters so I haven't seen any others. Maybe I need to give it another chance?

Absolutely please give it another chance. That was seriously the worst episode of the whole series. The characters weren't themselves, and the plot was.... just vapid.

As DopeyDame said, absolutely give it another chance! The WDW episode was out of character for all of the characters on that show, not just the kids. Apart from that episode, the kids are still a bit entitled (especially the oldest daughter), but their dad keeps them in check somewhat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter