Toothsome vs cowfisj

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
We are headed to UO this summer for 2 nights. Family of 5 two adults a tween and two kids. The 3 kids are picky and one gets overwhelmed by loud noise.
I currently have a reservation for a late dinner at toothsome with a request to sit on the upper floor.
After looking at the menus I am considering maybe trying to switch to cowfish. Thoughts with picky eaters? Is there an age cutoff that UO enforces for kids menu orders at sit down resturants?
We are only planning one sitdown meal while we are there. The amusement of the giant milkshakes would likely be lost on my kids.

We personally liked Cowfish better - but we went with young adult "kids" who loved the Burgushi® (hamburger ingredients presented like sushi). I didn't pay attention to the kids' menus at either place.

If I remember correctly, Toothsome is kind of "open" as far as noise goes, where Cowfish is a little more broken up into sections.

For kid features - Toothsome has a huge candy/souvenir store attached. It was awesome, and I still use a plate I bought there. But Cowfish has a cool statue outside that the kids can pose with, a touchscreen thing in the lobby where they can make their own fish character and watch it "swim", and a real fish tank inside.

I can't recall if one restaurant is louder than the other. They're both always busy with a lot of people talking at the same time. The interior of Toothsome is a lot darker though. Moody brown dark.

The menu at Toothsome is really big but more hit and miss. I’ve had good things there and really awful meals too. Cowfish is generally more reliable as far as quality but more limited in its burgers (which are really good) and sushi/Asian inspired dishes. Both can be loud and kids would enjoy the atmosphere of both. If you choose Cowfish then head over to Toothsome to pick up some treats to go and they also have a walk up counter for desserts and milkshakes.

We love Cowfish, and have been there with tweens/teens, but it is very busy, lots of hustle/bustle, pretty noisy. I've had 3 great meals there, DH has had a couple of good ones.
Toothsome's is a fun experience. Personally, I've only had just ok food, nothing great, but others in the family enjoyed it. DS mainly just gets a burger and fries wherever we go, and orders it medium....the one at Toothsome's was the rarest looking one he had anywhere, just fyi. Toothsome's might be loud too, but I think Cowfish was noisier, but food a lot better there. Kids liked the atmosphere at Toothsome's.

Themeing is Toothsome but the food 100% cowfish and my family doesn't eat seafood. I don't find the food including the milkshakes all that great at toothsome. It's definlty not bad but I don't think its as good as cowfish.

We’ve been to Cowfish and it’s good, but Toothsome is the one I get asked to make a reservation for. My girls like the breakfast all day. The country fresh and the patty melt (it’s not your typical patty melt). My girls do like sushi, but always pick Toothsome. That reminds me, it’s almost time to start making reservations :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter