Too Old For Disney

Wow, all the way from South Africa and it takes over a day to get to Walt Disney World. Woah, that is some Disney dedication right there.

I think there's 4 groups of people around us (I'm 30, Wife 28 - No kids).

1. People who enjoy it but don't seem to be that bothered about returning so soon: they say 'Don't you want to visit other places' and 'Don't you get bored'. We do visit other places, but adore going back to Orlando. These people roll their eyes when we say we've booked another trip, it maybe partly jealously as one of them I know if she had the money would go more often.
  2. Then there's Wife's parents, they went with us in April 2015, and have said they'd never go back. Even though we toned down the planning, and had relax time, they found it too much and didn't really 'get' it all.
  3. My parents: Always thinking of the money, as kids my sister and I never went further than over the channel to France (albeit Disneyland Paris!). They think we are mad to spend the money, but I know they'd love go, especially with my sisters kids.
  4. Our Disney Friends: They've done WDW about 17 times in 13 years. They love it as much as we do now, if not more! Meals with them involve planning sharing rumors and news. We've even met up with them out there, and plan to again on our next trips as they overlap.
Site's like this are a lifeline to share stuff with people, share plans and ideas. I think if you love going, and want to go often why stop. There's no age limits. We still queue up for M&Gs, do all the rides, shows etc. I think the only things we skip are things like Disney Juniors at DHS, where we didn't grow up with it and have just never watched any of it.

Does anyone else feel like their family and friends just don't understand their love of Disney? Whenever I tell anyone I'm going to Disney they always respond with "again" or "aren't you a bit old for that?"

It's making me feel a little down about my next trip. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to handle this?
http://iheartdreaming.com/13-memes-only-disney-fans-will-understand/

Don't worry I've been getting this question all my life and so have my parents! I've been to WDW 16 times now and I'm 21 years old! I always had people ask why we went, or called me silly for still wanting to have vacations with my parents. Please don't let it bother you that people are asking you these things... They're most likely jealous! Why would you want to stay around a pool all day to please other people? :sad2:

If you enjoy Disney then you ENJOY it! And don't let other people's opinions put you off. I now work in a Toy Shop and have the best job in the world. Being a big kid is NEVER a bad thing... Imma go to WDW until I'm 90, even if that means going alone :rolleyes1:earsgirl::smickey:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter