Too much food ?!?!?!? Is that really a thing? A Deluxe Dining Report. ***Complete***

great reviews so far - thanks for posting. Looking forward to our BOG adrs in a few weeks :)

I know BOG gets mixed reviews but we've always enjoyed our meals there although they are pricey.

Doing DxDDP myself in December and I love these reviews. I wonder if the ribeye replaces the filet at the wave - one of the last remaining 1 credit filets on property. booo although I do like ribeye.

They still had the tenderloin on the menu! DH almost ordered it because we prefer to order different entrees and then split them.

Following along! Great reviews so far!

:thanks:

going along....

:welcome:

Following, loving all the pictures!

All looks great!

Thank you! I've really enjoyed reading your dining reports.

Great reviews! We are planning an adults only DxDDP trip, so your reviews are super helpful. Thank you!

It was so nice to be able to eat our meals in peace! And to be able to order what I wanted and not what DD or DS would like in case they didn't like their meals.

Joining in late! We really enjoyed our meal at The Wave as well. That bacon & egg appetizer truly was heaven on a plate! I would love to see it stay on the menu permanently!

Looking forward to more!

DH wanted to go back and just order 2-3 of the bacon and egg appetizer! I love reading your dining reports!

Joining in! I keep hearing great things about the egg appetizer at the Wave...I am going to have to try this!

So good! I'm even thinking of picking up some pork belly at Costco today in an effort to replicate that dish!

Subbing! So far looks great

Joining in! :)

:welcome:

Looking for more reviews.

Just posted our Tokyo Dining pictures pixiedust:

The next morning we took advantage of our Boardwalk location to get breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery. DH went through the line first and I guess was so excited to get his danish for free that he finished it before we got a picture :rolleyes:. I decided I had to try the sausage gravy and biscuits even though we'd be paying out of pocket. I love sausage gravy and this gravy had just the right amount of salt and enough sausage to give it great flavor! And the biscuits were so tender.

IMG_56591_zps3g9qg9m3.jpg

wait, what? this is a snack credit at the boardwalk bakery? for REAL? :woohoo: or did you pay OOP?

That bacon and eggs app was one of the best things we ate on our last trip! I still think about it!

Sadly, it was OOP. I would have eaten this every morning if it had been a snack credit :D
lol I was able to research that. Still we are staying at BWV and have one morning with an early lunch and no breakfast planned. Might have to indulge in the $5.99. Can at least use my refillable mug for coffee and get the kid something with a snack credit. He will probably want to share mine too lol

Although I was full, I couldn't resist stopping at Karamell-Kuche to see if they had my favorite snack which has milk chocolate, caramel and either almonds or cashews. Sadly they only had the pecan version which I went ahead and used a snack credit to buy. I'm not sure if that was the wisest choice since I had dinner at the Yachtsman on our agenda for the night but once I bit into the luscious caramel it was all over with. It was gone before I left Germany. DH hit up the crepe cart for a strawberry crepe and then grabbed a cup of chocolate milk and cookies ice cream at Ample Hills Creamery both of which he really enjoyed.

IMG_54561_zpsfx0doz1f.jpg
IMG_54571_zps0h7gy3uu.jpg
IMG_54591_zpscomutgov.jpg
IMG_54601_zpsi6nyt0ca.jpg

We were both looking forward to our Yachtsman dinner! DH had gone in June with DS and a friend and had accidentally ordered the prime rib instead of our favorite ribeye and had been kicking himself ever since. I had been craving the bone marrow side since we had eaten there last September. The marrow spread on the brioche roll is another example of heaven on a plate. But since I wasn't really all that hungry we decided that I would order a entree on the lighter side and we would split the ribeye and it's sides. But I'm getting ahead of myself. We started our meal with the amazing roasted garlic to go along with the onion rolls.
IMG_54621_zpshqaqbtjo.jpg
IMG_54631_zpsi83ggkzs.jpg

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! I ordered the lobster bisque as my appetizer and it was a solid choice. DH hit a home run with the his choice of country fried rock shrimp and calamari. Every bit of flavor that was lacking in the calamari from my lunch was packed into this dish. It was so good! And I only sample a piece of shrimp and calamari. DH said the avocado toast was delicious by itself!
IMG_54651_zpseypirplg.jpg
IMG_54661_zpsetjqbolw.jpg

We were already starting to get full when they brought our main courses. And as good and amazing as DH's entree and sides were, that's just how flavorless and boring my entree and side was. The risotto was rather bland and it was heavy tasting so I took a bite and left it. I love lobster but this poor thing tasted mushy and watery. Just not very good at all. I asked for drawn butter because everything tastes better with butter but even that wasn't enough.

IMG_54681_zpsey1pc6ky.jpg
IMG_54691_zpsdlojyc8q.jpg

DH was kind enough to give me most of his bone marrow and brioche since he's not in love with it as much as I am. And he gave me a nice portion of his steak. We started contemplating getting our desserts to go although I don't know when we thought we would eat them! Then our waiter brought us an anniversary gift of small house made candies that were out of this world! I don't even like passion fruit but the fruit square was very good.
IMG_54711_zpsmuwckjkf.jpg

In hindsight we really should have stopped there but we'd both been looking forward to dessert and since creme brulee doesn't pack well I had to eat it immediately, right ?

IMG_54731_zpsllvhy04l.jpg

DH got the chocolate peanut cake at the waiter's suggestion and he devoured it.

IMG_54741_zpscniwnrey.jpg

At that point I was physically uncomfortable. My stomach was so full it hurt! Luckily we were able to walk some of it off at Hollywood Studios. Once we got back to the room, I was still feeling a little nauseous and decided to cancel our Coral Reef and Tiffins reservations for the next day. I didn't want to risk getting charged for cancelling a reservation and we'd been having second thoughts about eating at Tiffins anyway. Nothing really appealed to me on the menu.

I don't sleep well on a full stomach which is why we traditionally eat fairly early dinners. I didn't have the best night sleep and woke up still feeling very full.

The next morning we were headed to the Magic Kingdom. I had cancelled our Coral Reef reservation and was planning on making a new lunch reservation but MDE had other plans! It was down all morning and into the afternoon. After a few rides, DH was getting hungry even though I was still not wanting to even think about food. So we stopped at our favorite breakfast stop in MK Sleepy Hallow for their famous nutella waffle. I ate 1/4 of it while DH scarfed down the rest. We paid for it OOP.

IMG_54791_zpsmpltcoxg.jpg

After much debate on where to eat for lunch, we finally settled on Skipper Canteen. We stopped by on a way to our Jungle Cruise fastpass to make reservations.

I started my meal with the Fanta Melon frosty which was so good and refreshing!
IMG_54801_zpspyavlmr0.jpg

DH really enjoyed the breadservice. He particularly liked the honey based dipping sauce. I held off on the bread for fear of being too full to enjoy my meal
IMG_54811_zpsoawwhxnx.jpg

For appetizers I went with the Sustainable Fish collar which was excellent. The fish was very moist and cooked to perfection. The accompanying slaw was a nice crispy contrast to the flaky fish. DH had the shu mai which he loved! I thought it was too heavy on the pork or too light on the shrimp but then I tend to prefer shrimp dim sum.
IMG_54821_zps1m14gdu0.jpg
IMG_54841_zpswn3tarbr.jpg

Our entrees were no brainers! I love shrimp cooked with the heads on so I went with the Trader Sam's Head-On Shrimp. And the pork sounded right up my alley so DH was kind enough to order it to share with me. The pork is marinated in chinese bbq sauce (that's not really what it's called but that is what I called it growing up!) which is not my favorite. In fact as a child I refused to eat it! But luckily DH really enjoyed it. And I'm glad I ordered the 5 grain rice instead of plain white. It had such good flavor, I ate every morsel of it.

IMG_54881_zpsdcctnbzr.jpg

IMG_54901_zpszdnt0mh4.jpg

For dessert we went with the Kungaloosh and Congee pudding. They were both recommended by the waiter and for good reason. Our waiter was great! He definitely played along with the Jungle Cruise theme which was fun.
IMG_54911_zpszqwz0h6f.jpg

IMG_54921_zps36pnr3rl.jpg

This meal was fantastic! I would definitely return without hesitation even with the kids as they can be adventurous eaters.

We still needed to make dinner plans since I had cancelled the Tiffin's Jungle Book dinner package reservations the night before. I just wasn't feeling it and I had also scored Jungle Book fast passes so didn't really need the package. We were planning on spending the evening at Animal Kingdom so the logical thing to do would be to eat there but nothing was calling my name. We also didn't want to eat too much since we had our much anticipated California Grill Brunch the next morning. So we ended up at Tusker House which was perfect! We told the waitress that we didn't care if we saw the characters, we just wanted to eat. I apologize that this post is light on pictures, I just didn't feel like taking pictures! I got pictures of two of plates but didn't get DH's before he started chowing down. I also neglected to get dessert pictures but the only think I really ate was the 7 layer bars which aren't really that pretty anyway.
IMG_54961_zpsusocp4xz.jpg

IMG_55001_zpsqxvx6iih.jpg

Just finding your reviews and subbing in. Sorry your entree at Yachtsman was a bit of a bust, but so happy to hear the bone marrow made up for it. My hubby had this on our last visit and he was kind enough to share some of its sublimeness with me.

Good to hear you all enjoyed skippers too. We ate there last trip and were also quite pleased.

Love the reviews.

How do you eat bone marrow? I've never seen it on a menu and am curious since it seems to be a hit. We'll be eating at the Yachtsman on our upcoming trip.

Loving your reviews....now I am thinking I have to add the Wave into a future trip!

My favorite meal of this trip had to be the brunch at California Grill. We were both given Mimosas as we were led to our table.
IMG_55021_zpsfsrx2sh6.jpg

And then our waitress brought us our rolls. DH devoured the cinnamon bun roll but I saved myself for the other yummies I knew were coming.

IMG_55151_zpsvbftzvvt.jpg

There was a bloody mary bar which you were only allowed to partake in if you ordered a bloody mary. I'm not a tomato juice fan but the jumbo shrimp and candied bacon made me come oh so close to ordering one! I guess I didn't take a picture that included the shrimp and bacon. :rolleyes1

IMG_55131_zpspepujmnb.jpg

There was so much good food to choose from on the buffet!

IMG_55051_zpsthfyxf4x.jpg
IMG_55061_zpsyoax9tgh.jpg
IMG_55071_zpsrj9wmfcy.jpg
IMG_55081_zpswuvby3yr.jpg
IMG_55091_zpsk3jozwba.jpg
IMG_55101_zps90vdx824.jpg
IMG_55111_zpsu8enowzx.jpg
IMG_55041_zps55woleev.jpg

My first plate:
IMG_55141_zpsinwxfbqd.jpg

Everything on my plate was delicious! I went back up and got a little more of the same sushi and a wedge salad which was also very tasty.

For our entrees I had been eyeing up the shrimp and grits but I as I was watching entrees being delivered to other tables, I noticed that it had a tomato sauce and the hanger steaks caught my eye! So I ordered the hanger steak but without the eggs. We actually have chickens and get really fresh eggs so I wasn't going to waste stomach space on eggs. I also asked for the butter poached lobster that you can get with the eggs benedict and a side of bacon. My steak was so tender and the seasoning and chimichurri sauce was so good! I couldn't stop eating it! And the lobster tails were divine! I wish I had a second stomach so I could have eaten more!

IMG_55171_zpspmzpvord.jpg
IMG_55181_zpsojjxviup.jpg
IMG_55201_zpsm7recrpk.jpg

DH ordered the Eggs Benedict with the butter poached lobster. We were a little concerned that he was getting the lobster in place of the ham/bacon but were relieved to see the ham on the muffin once the entree was brought to our table. He said it was the best eggs benedict that he had ever eaten.
IMG_55191_zpsbuashppn.jpg

We were too full to eat the desserts so we had them pack them up along with the rolls to bring back to the room.
IMG_55221_zpsjeve8cin.jpg

When we did finally eat the desserts, they were a bit of a let down compared to the rest of the meal.

And I almost forgot to mention that the brunch included valet parking which was really nice!

Now I'm craving waffles! :D

Those waffles are definitely crave worthy! We were at a sunday brunch a few weeks ago and DS made nutella waffles just like the sleepy hallow waffles! So yummy!

Thanks for the great reviews so far. Looking forward to Cali brunch review.

Just posted pixiedust:

Just finding your reviews and subbing in. Sorry your entree at Yachtsman was a bit of a bust, but so happy to hear the bone marrow made up for it. My hubby had this on our last visit and he was kind enough to share some of its sublimeness with me.

Good to hear you all enjoyed skippers too. We ate there last trip and were also quite pleased.

With all the other good food, it was hard to be too disappointed! We both left the meal fat and happy :goodvibes I'm with everyone else in hoping they don't remove the good stuff to add ordinary stuff to the Skipper's menu.

And I love following your dining adventures with your DD and DH!

Love the reviews.

How do you eat bone marrow? I've never seen it on a menu and am curious since it seems to be a hit. We'll be eating at the Yachtsman on our upcoming trip.

I eat it spread on the brioche roll! It's so incredibly rich and creamy!

Loving your reviews....now I am thinking I have to add the Wave into a future trip!

I highly recommend The Wave! It is definitely one of the hidden gems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter