Tonga Toast not the same.

Darla2016

Earning My Ears
Stayed at Poly 9/3-9/9 and ate at Kona Kafe 4 times. Had the Tonga Toast every time and each time was not like what they made as our last trip May of 2015. Been eating Tonga Toast every year for years and it has never been so blah before. It no longer is my favorite breakfast.

I ate it for the first time in February and was not impressed. The bananas were not even ripe.

Oh no, I may cancel our ADR for next month! The Tonga Toast was the best breakfast we've had on property in several visits lately. We had it back in March and it was delicious. :/

When we ate there in May, I saw 4 people send it back saying it wasnt the same. Ive never had it as I dont like sweet breakfasts but they all seemed very disappointed.

Stayed at Poly 9/3-9/9 and ate at Kona Kafe 4 times. Had the Tonga Toast every time and each time was not like what they made as our last trip May of 2015. Been eating Tonga Toast every year for years and it has never been so blah before. It no longer is my favorite breakfast.
Oh no,why would they change that,of all things?

Oh no,why would they change that,of all things?
I think they changed suppliers.

that said when I had it over a decade ago I was not impressed at all either. I wonder if it is hit and miss. I don't know how it could have been so blah when i had it yet people love it SOOOO much.

I keep thinking I should try this. But worrying it will be too sweet and there are so many breakfast choices.
Now I am less worried AND less likely to eat it.

I keep thinking I should try this. But worrying it will be too sweet and there are so many breakfast choices.
Now I am less worried AND less likely to eat it.

Regardless of how the bread is now, it is very sweet and rich. If you don't like that, I wouldn't suggest it.

I hate bananas and when they refuse to stuff with strawberries than I just get it plain. I do believe it is the bread that has changed. I don't eat it with syrup or strawberry sauce I just put butter on it. I follow the recipe at home in the WDW Recipe book and it tastes just like the Tonga Toast used to be.

I think they changed suppliers.

that said when I had it over a decade ago I was not impressed at all either. I wonder if it is hit and miss. I don't know how it could have been so blah when i had it yet people love it SOOOO much.
I loved it, the strawberry topping made it for me!!

This has me worried now haha as I have an ADR for Kona in a few weeks. This will be my first time there for breakfast and Tonga toast was def on my list.

Unfortunately I am not keen on cinnamon (but love bananas) so I always think it looks so good but will not taste so good (to me anyway). Coming from England where cinnamon is used more sparingly I miss out on a lot of Disney dishes and desserts :sad:

Nothing more than a cut to save the mouse more money. I am/was hoping they will change it back before my next trip, but I bet they won't. This really sucks.

Why did you keep ordering it 3 more times after the first time you didn't like it?

Nothing more than a cut to save the mouse more money. I am/was hoping they will change it back before my next trip, but I bet they won't. This really sucks.

I agree and found that true about a lot of components of the meals we had this winter. We eat TS at least twice a day (and sometimes all three meals) and I think we noticed something off/different at almost every meal. After going 16 years in a row, it is easy to notice the lower quality in almost every aspect of dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter