• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson say they have coronavirus

:( They are both 63. I hope they make it through this.

Does Australia have many cases?

65 I believe, with 3 deaths.
And it’s summer there, I was hoping summer would help
The region's average temperature doesn't make a difference unfortunately.
My biological paternal grandmother and great-grandmother died within 4 days of each other during the 1918 influenza pandemic during June of that year. The average temperature was in the 80's then.

The region's average temperature doesn't make a difference unfortunately.
My biological paternal grandmother and great-grandmother died within 4 days of each other during the 1918 influenza pandemic during June of that year. The average temperature was in the 80's then.
Studies from China suggest the "sweet spot" for Covid-19 is 47 degrees. There's still hope warm weather will significantly slow the virus.

Then why is the virus exploding in Iran when the temperatures are in the 70s there?
There are several possibilities but not touching that discussion with a 10 foot pole.

Time will tell. I'd rather be proactive and not freak out until or unless new information warrants a change..

Iran still dips down into the 40's at night and is very dry. I think some are saying a sustained high temp in the upper 70's will help slow it plus a higher humidity. It won't die, just like the flu doesn't die in the summer, but should slow enough that there won't be as many people getting it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter