• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

tkd27 said:
Thanks for taking the time to post! This is really helpful :)

Follow up question, though: Do you guys get a lot of requests for proximity to pools or buses or anything? Are the majority of those requests usually able to be honored, or do most people not get it because of the number of similar requests?

bumping...because I'd like to know the answer to this, also. thanks so much CMs!!

Thanks for taking the time to post! This is really helpful :)

Follow up question, though: Do you guys get a lot of requests for proximity to pools or buses or anything? Are the majority of those requests usually able to be honored, or do most people not get it because of the number of similar requests?

bumping...because I'd like to know the answer to this, also. thanks so much CMs!!

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I didn't see the first post. :blush:

It depends on which resort you are staying at. At the Values, all the resorts have multiple pools, so adding on request to be "near pool" or "pool view" is more likely to be fulfilled. Plus, most pools are surrounded by buildings so there are several rooms to choose from to complete that request. If you tack on "near bus stop" and/or "near lobby", it's going to reduce the number of rooms our room assignors can choose from for you.

Honestly, yes, at the Values and Moderates, we get hundreds of requests for near bus stop, near lobby, near pool, and they are usually stacked like that. I would say around 10% who request all three might get all three, but a lot of times it will be an issue of fulfilling just one or two out of the three. For example, if you ask for all three, you might get just near the bus stop/lobby, but not close to a pool. This is very true in Art of Animation because the buildings are right next to the end of the lobby next to the bus stop, but that is the one section without a pool.

This is why we tell you to make your requests in order of importance. If not having connecting rooms will ruin your vacation, put that at the top of or as the only request on your list. Let me know if you have more questions.

I also think this is probably one of the best tips I've come across so far! :worship:

nononooooo, if the ice cream serving is too big, then there's no room left for another treat. I would like the servings to get smaller everywhere so that I can have a treat at every single cart ::yes:: ;)

Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I didn't see the first post. :blush:

It depends on which resort you are staying at. At the Values, all the resorts have multiple pools, so adding on request to be "near pool" or "pool view" is more likely to be fulfilled. Plus, most pools are surrounded by buildings so there are several rooms to choose from to complete that request. If you tack on "near bus stop" and/or "near lobby", it's going to reduce the number of rooms our room assignors can choose from for you.

Honestly, yes, at the Values and Moderates, we get hundreds of requests for near bus stop, near lobby, near pool, and they are usually stacked like that. I would say around 10% who request all three might get all three, but a lot of times it will be an issue of fulfilling just one or two out of the three. For example, if you ask for all three, you might get just near the bus stop/lobby, but not close to a pool. This is very true in Art of Animation because the buildings are right next to the end of the lobby next to the bus stop, but that is the one section without a pool.

This is why we tell you to make your requests in order of importance. If not having connecting rooms will ruin your vacation, put that at the top of or as the only request on your list. Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks! What I really want is to be as close to the coffee as possible so I don't have to walk forever to get it before I'm really awake. :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

TeresaNJ said:
If you don't mind shelling out another $10-$20, a cab is the best way to go, especially if you have an early morning breakfast at another resort.

This or we drive to the resorts we have a meal at.

Thanks! What I really want is to be as close to the coffee as possible so I don't have to walk forever to get it before I'm really awake. :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

At POP, you could safely request near food court or near bus transportation, and that should get you close to your fix. ;) Just be sure to ask again at check-in so that the CM can check for you before you head out to your room. Good luck!

jennykay said:

Ah, Disney coffee. You don't really want the quick service Nescafé version! LOL

Thank you everyone for your informative posts!! I have been cutting and pasting the tips into a word document to review/organize later.
I am looking forward to chatting with a bunch of CMs and letting them know how much they are appreciated!:)

Just wondering about the laundry request...I would think that rooms near the laundry would not be a very quiet option between the noise of the machines and the noise from those walking in and out, etc. Can any of you who normally pick those locations give some info on this? It definitely would be helpful for our large family to be near laundry, but I'm afraid that there might be lots of extra noise. Thanks!

jenlov said:
Just wondering about the laundry request...I would think that rooms near the laundry would not be a very quiet option between the noise of the machines and the noise from those walking in and out, etc. Can any of you who normally pick those locations give some info on this? It definitely would be helpful for our large family to be near laundry, but I'm afraid that there might be lots of extra noise. Thanks!

Laundry rooms are actually a separate building from the hotels, at least at the values they are, so no need to worry about noise from them as your room won't be connected to the actual laundry area itself. They are just asking for a room that has a short distance to walk to the laundry building.

My tip as a PhotoPass Photographer (sorry if it's already been posted. I have not read through this entire thread).

When you are in line to see a character and already have a PhotoPass card, please have it out and hand it to the photographer as soon as it is your turn. If I don't see a card in your hand, I automatically take one out of my pocket to have it ready to scan. This way, you don't get held up and the family behind you can get the same type of pictures you just got. Plus, then you won't be frustrated with being handed yet another card when you already have one. Also, if you would like us to use your camera, we are happy to do so. Please ask as soon as you approach us and not at the end. At the end, we have very likely already turned to the next family in line.

Michelle

carolinamama said:
Ah, Disney coffee. You don't really want the quick service Nescafé version! LOL

That is SO TRUE! Don't really want it, but I'm not a nice mama without it, so I'll drink it anyway. :)

jennykay said:
That is SO TRUE! Don't really want it, but I'm not a nice mama without it, so I'll drink it anyway. :)

I read on another thread that someone was taking their Keurig. Sounded like a great plan if you're driving. :thumbsup2:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

My tip as a PhotoPass Photographer (sorry if it's already been posted. I have not read through this entire thread).

When you are in line to see a character and already have a PhotoPass card, please have it out and hand it to the photographer as soon as it is your turn. If I don't see a card in your hand, I automatically take one out of my pocket to have it ready to scan. This way, you don't get held up and the family behind you can get the same type of pictures you just got. Plus, then you won't be frustrated with being handed yet another card when you already have one. Also, if you would like us to use your camera, we are happy to do so. Please ask as soon as you approach us and not at the end. At the end, we have very likely already turned to the next family in line.

Michelle

Thank You Michelle for that Tip! :yay:

I was just thinking about that yesterday, realizing I would need my PP card readily available during the character M&G during MNSSHP. I need to make sure my costume has an interior pocket so it is handy but also secure!

On this note: please use the walkways like you would driving a car! Keeps the flow going much nicer!

This would be my dream but it is not going to happen. Plus, everyone that comes to Disney doesn't drive on the same way on the road. ;)

Thank You Michelle for that Tip! :yay:

I was just thinking about that yesterday, realizing I would need my PP card readily available during the character M&G during MNSSHP. I need to make sure my costume has an interior pocket so it is handy but also secure!

You are very welcome! I was working with Jasmine and Aladdin on Monday. I was waiting for them to come back out and was talking to the first family in line. The mother asked me why each PhotoPass Photographer gave her a new card each time they met a character. I explained that it was probably because they didn't see one in her hand. If we don't see one, we automatically give you a new one. It was like a light bulb had turned on for her. She had her card ready for me when it was their turn. The best thing? Everyone in line was listening and also had their cards ready for me. Those who did not have a card asked for one as soon they approached me. The line ran so smooth and no one missed pictures of their kids hugging the characters. ;)

Michelle

Just FYI...I just read a book written by the Imagineers at Disney...what look like chocolate chip cookies on space mountain...are NOT cookies at all...just kinda look like them...:goodvibes

Loving this thread!

:rotfl:I swore, until I was an adult, that there were chocolate chip cookies on the ceiling at Space Mountain. . .

While riding on the TTA with DS, 5 at the time, he pointed and said, "look, there's the chocolate chip cookies!":goodvibes
Must be the eyes of a child!

Thankful for all the posts and tips!
Most are applicable to WDW, as well as daily life!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter