To Rent or Not to Rent?

Briar rose108

Mouseketeer
Background information:
We (my husband, my daughter & myself) will be arriving in Orlando on Friday Oct. 3 for a two night pre WDW stay. We will be staying a the Renaissance Orlando Resort near Sea World. Our plans are to arrive in Orlando around 7pm Friday evening relax at the resort and spend Saturday at Sea World. We will be leaving ROR on Sunday morning and heading over to WDW to stay at the Poly for 7 nights.

Questions:
Should we rent a car at MCO for two days (we can return it at the resort to Budget) or should we use a Towncar service?

How is the walk from Renaissance Orlando Resort to Sea World?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for all the help,
Debbie

One reason why we stay on site is so we don't have to rent a car. We did it once for two days and was glad to turn it back in.
For venturing anything off-site I would rent a car.
Make sure to ask about Renaissance on the beyond WDW board. They would be better able to answer that.
When we rented the car, we picked it up (EA) at MCO, and returned it outsode of MK at the CCC. It was trouble free -- although it was in slow season too.

Before the last trip I took, I would have recommended a car service versus renting too. However, we just stayed at the Poly for a quick weekend trip and really found that renting a car was a pretty painless experience and will do again in July and in January for our return trips.

The rental process was pretty easy and we were fortunate to get a quick moving line at the Avis counter, they gave us an awesome upgrade and finding the resort was easier than I had anticipated. Plus finding our way around the WDW area very easy too.

While I don't have any experience with your hotel or area, I would recommend getting a rental. Check out mousesavers.com or use priceline and you should be able to rent something for less than a car service.

HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter