To parkhop or not to parkhop that is the question...

jpolak

DIS Veteran
Looking into tickets for our trip at the end of August. It is our first ever trip to DL and will have four day tickets. Price difference is $225 So do we hop or no? TIA

I like to park hop, but if you already have 4 day tickets then park hopping isn't really needed.

If ya'll love thrill rides, it might be best to park-hop and hit DCA. Personally, I have an AP and think I've only been to DCA three times this year out of probably 32 visits or so. DL is by far the better park. But again, if your family/group likes thrill rides, California Screamin' and GOTG shouldn't be missed. Soarin' is also awesome. My brother rode it for his first time about three weeks ago and absolutely loved it. As the ride started, he couldn't contain himself and shouted "Holy S#@!" as we flew towards the screen.

Given that you'll be there for four days, I would get the park hoppers. That way you can treat the two parks as one big park and hop whenever it's convenient to you. I found being restricted to just one park per day to be limiting. If you only had one day or two, I'd consider forgoing the hopper, but with four I'd add it. It gives you flexibility, which I like.

I cannot imagine not hopping. We hop every trip because it's so easy and it adds flexibility to our trip.

Yes, hop! It will be especially nice if you are there for four days. I don't even consider not hopping when we go.

I think it depends on the group. I plan not to hop when we have little kids. It is much easier to hit one park at a time. If it is all adults we prefer to have the option to hop.

We have always had Park Hoppers. I'm not sure I remember ever staying in one park all day. Since the park gates are about a 30-60 second walk between each other, it's really just one big park. :)

I guess I'm alone in this opinion, but we never hop. We usually go crowded times, but get there before rope drop and and pretty gung ho. Now we have MaxPass for our 4 day trip this month (Thanksgiving week), and we always get pooped or do everything we can in a day by about 4pm. And that's with about 8 or 9 hours of walking and criss-crossing the park using our FPs. I can't imagine adding on to that walks back and forth between parks. So I'd say if the hours open are longer or for a less crowded week, you might not need it as much. But this is just one, obviously-unpopular opinion.

Hop always. A day without park hoppers is like a day without sunshine. You are at a tremendous disadvantage without park hoppers. Often times one park will be very crowded when the other is not. But without hoppers you can't take advantage of that. It is worth the money!!!

Flexibility, flexibility, flexibility...... I think I would feel trapped if I didn't park hop!! Listen to the wise pps above!!! HOP, HOP, HOP......NO question!!!!!:jumping2:

We do APs, but when we go for a trip with someone that doesn’t buy park hoppers it really really cramps our style. We end up missing out on some of the EMH (staying at a Disney hotel) and usually end up missing some of the nighttime entertainment and with maxpass you can really maximize your experience if you’re hoping

Another hopper vote!

Before their first visit, I think a lot of people (understandably!) don't realise how close the parks really are to each other--you can stand at one gate and easily see the other. Its about 2-minute walk from the exit gate of one park to the lines to enter the other park.

Thanks for the info. I guess I have to take off my WDW mouseears and start thinking DL. Leaning towards hopping. Cant wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter