Tips for Mediterranean Cruise 6/2011

yoderfest

Earning My Ears
Hey!

This is just our 2nd Disney cruise and first to the Mediterranean. Does anyone have any tips or ideas as far as excursions etc. As a matter of fact, this is my first time in a blog!!

Thanks!!!

Not sure if you have seen this trip report from our site

It has lots of great info.

I am going on the Med cruise this year too and am very excited!!!

Maybe we will be on the same cruise!!

T.

Hi Yoderfest!!

Follow this link to find info about the Med cruise that was done last year:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/magic-mediterranean.htm

Be prepared for a very busy cruise if you want to do an excursion in every port. The 10 night cruise has 7 consecutive port-days, the 11 night has one extra sea day, during the days you are visiting Italy.

If you feel comfortable to do so you can arrange your own excursions in most ports, making them much more affordable....

Good luck with planning and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!

As the post above already told you, look at the link and see, hear and learn about the med cruise last year.

Then i'm going to refer you another part of this board.
You have asked your question in the podcast cruise section of the Disboards and here we only talk about podcast cruises (next PCC is the third one and it's happening in June 2012).
You can better ask your questions in the cruiseline section of these boards.
You can find the cruiseline section here:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Here you van look for the thread about the cruise you are going to sail on:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285263
Simply look up the date that you leave from Barcelona and there is the link to the thread with people that are on the same cruise.
I bet they have tons of info for you about what they are planning to do on excursions, with DCL, on their own or with a group together from that thread.

Good luck!!

Others have given you some good links. We went on the 11-night Med cruise in 2007. One of the things we did that really affected us having a great time is that I joined a thread with other DISers going on the same cruise. We became friends on that cruise, and several of us banded together to go on private tours, as opposed to going on Disney excursions.

We were able to tailor our tours to do the things WE wanted to see, and they were wonderful. There were usually 10-12 people on each of our tours (3-4 families on each & we split the cost of the tour among us).

Our highlights (my kids were 18 & 19 at the time) were our visit to Pompeii, and our visit to Rome (Vatican, Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, Coloseum-inside, Pantheon-inside, Trevi Fountain, & Spanish Steps). We enjoyed everything we did. Florence was too crowded, and we did go on a Disney excursion. Now I wish we had gone on a private tour with other DISers. We did take the Disney excursion to Monaco/Monte Carlo, and I really enjoyed that, so that one was good.

Have a great time no matter what you do. :)

As a sea around which some of the most ancient human civilizations were arranged, it has had a major influence on the history and ways of life of these cultures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter