"Tinkerbell make fireworks at your Disney birthday Christmas, mama!" Dec 2010 PTR

Ash&Wes07

If loving lists is wrong, I don't want to be right
This is my first real pre-trip report, so bear with me please!

First, an introduction. I'm Ash. 27 (turning 28 on our trip) and obsessed with Disney vacations. I've traveled the world, but Disney still ranks in my top 3 destinations of all-time. I am a SAHM who does :laundy: all day long, lol. hmmm, what else? I am a huge Steelers fan and converted to being a Phillies fan to appease DH. And, besides, the Pirates really aren't worthy of fandom lately. :rotfl: I am semi-crunchy and cloth diaper/babywear ect. I also love to read and scrapbook and I sell mark cosmetics to make some extra Disney cash. :cool1:

Then there's DH. He goes along with my Disney planning to make me happy. What a guy! He's a fantasy football fanatic and an Eagles/Phillies fan. We have been married for almost 4 years :hug: and had our honeymoon at Disney.

We also have 2 wonderful children. Scarlett is 27 months and is starting to understand that we're going to Disney in a few months. She asks to watch "Tinkerbell and castle fireworks" (aka Wishes) on the computer constantly. If you ask her where we're going for my birthday, she'll tell you "Tinkerbell and fireworks, and smoke, and BIG Christmas birthday cake at your Disney mama!" I am so excited to take her back to WDW. We took her as a 6month old infant, so it's going to be a completely different experience this time. Right now, she's in her Thomas the Train phase, lol. We're working on potty training, which I am sure will come up in later posts.

Chase is our other child. He is almost 3 months old. Chase was born at home, unintentionally, after a super-rapid labor. He's definitely a mama's boy. Probably because I am also his milk-truck. :rotfl2:

We also have an adorable cat named Carmela. I would love to bring her with us to spend time at the kitty resort, but she will be staying behind to spend time with a friend who will be looking after us for her.

Stay tuned for our revolving door resort reservations and more planning fun!! :wizard:

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Introduction
Trip Details
ADR's and Which Dining Plan do We Choose?

TRIP DETAILS

Dates: Dec 12-17, 2010
Hotel: Coronado Springs, Armed Forces Salute Rate
Tickets: Not sure yet
Dining: Not sure yet

Getting to our current reservations was certainly an adventure!

We were originally supposed to go on this trip in May, but Chase (an incubating baby at that time) was trying to make an early arrival. We were, thankfully, able to keep him put, but it meant lots of bedrest and postponing our trip to December.

Not that I was complaining...Disney is my most favorite place to be at Christmastime :santa: outside of New York City or the mountains. I was excited at the thought of DD getting to spend the first Christmas she will understand at Disney. I started tearing up just thinking about it. (yes, I'm a sap. A big one.)

And a bonus? We'll be there for my 28th birthday!! :banana::banana::banana:

Disney was so wonderful about switching our reservation to December. We were booked under the 2009-2010 Armed Forces Salute rates, and those weren't available in December. But, as luck would have it, our room rates at standard rack rate were cheaper in Dec than the military rate in May! :cool1: We were booked at CBR and ready to plan ADR's at the 180 mark!

Time passed, and DH & I started thinking about CBR and if we really wanted to stay there or not. I started messing around with rates/packages and pricing out different options. I have stayed at CBR in the past and we really wanted to try something new to the both of us.

This is when I started driving DH a little nuts. I'd email him every.single.day. with a new deal I found and telling him I switched our reservation. :scared1:

Within the span of 2 months, we were booked at CBR, SOG, Buena Vista Palace, back to CBR again, Coco Key, and finally at CSR. I got an email from DH telling me if I didn't decide by October 1st, he'd choose the resort. Visions of staying at a Super 8 were more than enough to get me to settle on CSR for good.

I booked CSR under the Fall/Winter Room-Only rate, but then found out the AP rate would be cheaper (we are planning on buying AP's). Then, I found out there was a new Armed Forces Salute deal and changed our rate to that one. The prices were identical, but now we aren't forced to buy AP's and can keep our ticket options open.

Are you still with me?? :surfweb:

I'll give you a break for now. Up next, spreadsheets, ADRs, and some more torture for my poor DH.

No update tonight! We are riding high on the Phillies no-hit win, and I can't concentrate enough to write!! :banana:

"Indecision is the key to flexibility" As I was told by a USCG BM2 back in the day in St Petersburg FL. But I agree, if you left it open, who knows where you would end up staying! I am reading along, we just got back two weeks ago and I have no ticker for the next one. I hope you have a GREAT trip, you are lucky to get to see all the decorations, although our weather was beyond perfect for us:cool1: I wish I would have waited a couple of months so we could see all the Christmas decorations up (of course an added bonus would be that I would be going on a trip soon as opposed to just being back! My wife and I both retired from active duty last year and our son is currently active duty.....GO CG:banana:

Hello..I am in for your ride..so far I really enjoy your pre trip report.
Can't wait to hear more and most of all see the picture's when you get back.
My first trip (Solo) was Dec, 2008 and it is just breath taking. And I just have to go back which you will be below...the reason I am waiting until 2012 is because MK has all that work going on and I want to see it when it is all done. Plus next to Pop Century they are building family suites and that will also be done in 2012.
Good luck and again I can't wait to read more

"Indecision is the key to flexibility" As I was told by a USCG BM2 back in the day in St Petersburg FL. But I agree, if you left it open, who knows where you would end up staying! I am reading along, we just got back two weeks ago and I have no ticker for the next one. I hope you have a GREAT trip, you are lucky to get to see all the decorations, although our weather was beyond perfect for us:cool1: I wish I would have waited a couple of months so we could see all the Christmas decorations up (of course an added bonus would be that I would be going on a trip soon as opposed to just being back! My wife and I both retired from active duty last year and our son is currently active duty.....GO CG:banana:

Glad to have a fellow Coastie family along!!

Christmastime is my favorite time of year for Disney. I'll be sure to take lots of photos of the decorations and post when we get back!

Hello..I am in for your ride..so far I really enjoy your pre trip report.
Can't wait to hear more and most of all see the picture's when you get back.
My first trip (Solo) was Dec, 2008 and it is just breath taking. And I just have to go back which you will be below...the reason I am waiting until 2012 is because MK has all that work going on and I want to see it when it is all done. Plus next to Pop Century they are building family suites and that will also be done in 2012.
Good luck and again I can't wait to read more

Welcome! So glad you're here!

We debated back and forth about waiting or not waiting for the Fantasyland Expansion to be completed. I am hoping DH will want to go again in a few years so we can see it all completed!

I am excited to see the new hotel when it is completed as well.

I have gotten distracted from my trip report between the Phillies :woohoo:, a sick toddler :sick:, potty training, and trying to prepare for my Dad to visit us this weekend. Our house is a disaster. Seriously. I think we may need to bust out the haz-mat suits soon. I should probably be cleaning instead of working on this PTR. Oops. :lmao:

Also, I made it to Round 2 of the Disney Mom's Panel Search!!! I am working on my entry for this round and crossing my fingers! We'll see what comes of it. I just feel totally honored to be able to make it as far as I have.

ADR's:

Right now, we are debating on which dining plan to add to our reservation. I have ADR's as if we are going to do the standard dining plan, but I have a feeling we'll be canceling these and going with the quick service plan. I did the math, and we'll definitely be getting our money's worth either way. I know we'll be paying OOP for a meal for Scarlett here and there, but for the most part, she'll just be sharing our meals and we'll be bringing food with us to the park as well.

The reason we are shying away from the standard plan is with two small children, trying to schedule our days too much may end up biting us in the you-know-what. I like the flexibility we'll get out of the QSDP, and I have a feeling we'll be at the resort more than normal, so the refillable mug seems tempting. However, I like the options the table service meals give us. Again, I can't make up my mind about anything. It seems to be my theme!

Here are the ADR's I have booked as of now:

Monday, 12/13 Kona lunch
Tuesday, 12/14 Crystal Palace, late breakfast
Wednesday, 12/15 50's Cafe (for my birthday :cool1:)
Thursday, 12/16 Biergarten early dinner
Friday, 12/17 Boma breakfast

If we do decide to go with the QSDP, we will still keep the Biergarten ressie to celebrate my birthday a day later. I didn't want to do a CS meal for my birthday celebration. I'm spoiled. :rolleyes1

These ADR's also reflect our current park plans, based on TP recs. I haven't checked the site lately to see if they've changed their recommendations. I should probably do that this week.

Short post today! The baby is up and cranky from his shots this morning, poor buddy.

Until next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter