Timeshare Pitch from DVC Records

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
I just got a targeted offer in the mail for a timeshare stay at another timeshare company. Based on how this is addressed, I'm guessing it was pulled from the public records at the Comptroller when I bought VGF in summer 2020. To be fair, this is public information, but yea, kind of creepy. If they knew how hard I am in Team White Card, they probably wouldn't have wasted a stamp on me, haha!

I just got a targeted offer in the mail for a timeshare stay at another timeshare company. Based on how this is addressed, I'm guessing it was pulled from the public records at the Comptroller when I bought VGF in summer 2020. To be fair, this is public information, but yea, kind of creepy. If they knew how hard I am in Team White Card, they probably wouldn't have wasted a stamp on me, haha!
Can you let us know which company?
I am just curious.

Yes, those public records are commonly used for marketing by all the large TS companies. It's used by the "we'll get you out of your TS" scammers too. So don't be surprised to get more mail!

I got one too! Pretty sure it was Hilton but to be honest I trashed it and haven't even thought of it until I read your post!!

I love it when I get the calls and tell the person, why would I want to sell? If I sold would they pay for my divorce lawyer since my DW loves going to our timeshare. :love:

That usually leaves them speachless.

John

I received one of the calls being reported where they wanted me to come to some presentation my area. Said they weren’t selling time shares but some people use theirs, don’t use theirs, or want to use them more efficiently. I asked what time share were they referring to in calling me and they specifically called out that I had “stayed“ at one of my DVC home resorts. I can understand using OC Comptroller records, but the fact that they called on my unlisted home phone number baffled me, unless it was records of either Disney or the resale company we used.

I love it when I get the calls and tell the person, why would I want to sell? If I sold would they pay for my divorce lawyer since my DW loves going to our timeshare. :love:

That usually leaves them speachless.

John
Love of Disney trumps hate of ex-husband (hahaha). My ex and I still do family vacations together, and she's actually debating going in on a few extra SAP points with me (contracts will be going to our son and his kids eventually anyway).

Love of Disney trumps hate of ex-husband (hahaha). My ex and I still do family vacations together, and she's actually debating going in on a few extra SAP points with me (contracts will be going to our son and his kids eventually anyway).

Hahahaha! My other half is neutral about Disney. I guess I know who would get our points!

Hahahaha! My other half is neutral about Disney. I guess I know who would get our points!
She was too. Actually didn't like going to DL when she was a kid, and when our son was growing up. I'm a former cast member, so is my sister and my son, and my other sister just celebrated 30 years with the company, so there was a lot of Disney going on in the household. After we got divorced, and he graduated high school, she started growing a like for the place, and now absolutely LOVES all things Disney. We stayed in a 2BR at OKW earlier this year, and that did it for her.

Of course nothing smaller than a 1BR going forward, but that's cool. Will probably need a 2BR's when the grandkids start arriving, so she can always help adding points. LOL

We have gotten a couple of those, and we just joined at the beginning of the year. It's just a sign you've "arrived" I guess.

Fortunately (so far at least) a 905 area code and more expensive stamp to get to Canada seem to have scared them off...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter