TimandLesley's "Keep Moving Forward" Trip Report with TONS of photos! update 7/8pg.11

how great to find a trip report from you and your lovely family. what a frightening way to begin a vacation but thank goodness you weren't hurt and could move forward. how nice that your parents could join you.

i've read all your reports but haven't commented much. your pictures are always great with just enough detail to let us who aren't there feel like we're included. thanks for taking the time to share.

Hey Lesley,
Great Report so far so glad to hear you guys are ok and so brave to keep going. I wanted to ask you a question I am going to disney with my family of 5 for 10 days ususally we always do the DDP but it will cost us 2,000 plus our park tickets are 2,000. We are DVC members, so saved on room that way. However we are only doing 3 sit down meals this trip, we are going to try and not do any DDP we arent really big eaters do you think this is a wise choice? We have done the counter service meal plan in the past and its just too much food I can eat a kids meal at counter service plus I do not need a dessert from the counter service, let me know what you think.

Thanks
Jeanine

FABULOUS installment!!! The pictures are awesome. AK looks totally amazing...making so many more disney memories is heaven on earth!! So glad you take the time to share the magic:hug:
It truly is an amazing resort!

Thank you for the Sanaa review! And even more so that it was a great review. We are staying at Kidani this fall & planning on eating there. Can't wait to share your pics & review with my family!
You're welcome, it is an AMAZING place to eat, you will love it!
Great update. We are going to have to check out Sanaa for sure!
Definitely do!!
I may have to try Sanaa with such a great review! Is it a good place to take young kids? Love reading your TR's! You have a beautiful family!
I highly encourage you to do it, there were kids of all ages there ; ) Thanks!

You are so blessed to share this trip and all your wonderful, magical experiences with your parents. Amy and I definitely want to try Sanaa on our next Disney trip. Looks so yummy!!!!
It was a great time together. Sanna is amazing!
I'm mostly a lurker on the Disboards but want to let you know how much I enjoy your trip reports. Your writing and pictures really capture the magic of Disney. I can't wait to read the rest of your report and hope you're planning another trip soon.
Lisa
So glad you decided to post Lisa, I'm happy you are enjoying the TR.
My mom and I just got back last night. We stayed at AKL in Jambo House. LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! It is an amazing resort. We spent hours outside on our balcony watching the animals. It's fantastic. We ate at Jiko's and it was delicious. We have heard a lot of wonderful things about Sanaa but have not tried it yet. We will have to now! What kind of fish was that?

Sounds like you had a great day! :)
So glad you loved it, isn't the resort just amazing. Sanna is WONDERFUL! Not sure what kind of fish it was but it was yummy!!

Awww, great finish to a great day! You had a pinch of pixie dust on that parade spot! I haven't seen the Electric Parade since they brought it back - I sure hope it hangs on long enough to see it before it leaves. I always loved it!

Sanaa looks amazing. I think many people think all the AKL restaurants are too "risky" for them. Wow, what they are missing!

It really makes me happy to see all the fun you are having together with your parents. Those are wonderful memories.
Yes, it was a great parade spot. It will be leaving this spring so better plan a quick trip : ) Happy you are enjoying the report.

We have been contemplating Saana for our February trip, I'm thinking it will be a must do after reading your review! Joe was a bit like your DH, hesitant to try it, but I think I've convinced him. I'm shocked you cancelled 'Ohana still though!!! :eek:
Do it!!!! You won't regret Sanaa, yes, we cancelled OHana, THAT'S how good Sanna is!!!
Great updates Leslie. How wonderful that you spent fun times with your Mom & Dad.

Loved hearing about Sanaa. We have not tried it there but we just ate at Boma a few weeks ago. The buffet works out great with my crew.
So happ you enjoyed them. Boma is good but we didn't have a great experience there last trip so we tried Sanaa instead, so glad we did!
Hi Lesley!

Its so weird that everytime I fall silent to the boards, I come back and youre the first one I see!

SO SORRY for your accident...I can see how this trip would be that much more meaningful to you all, and then to be able to have your folks there too in a Jambo 2 bdrm only after being in the GFlo...*sigh*...:lovestruc

Great TR per usual
Hi, so glad our timing was on and you found us again : ) Thanks, the accident was AWFUL!!! Thanks, glad you are enjoying the TR : )

What a wonderful day. I am hoping we can do a rope drop...or close to it. I could, but my DD likes her sleep.
It truly was a wonderful day, hope you make it to a rope drop :)

Hey Lesley! I'm here!! Just finished reading all of the updates so far and, as usual, you write a fabulous report. I cannot believe how BIG your kids are getting!! Luke looks like a little man.. and Lauren's poses are as sassy as ever!

I think you have me convinced to try Sanaa very soon... I always worry about the AKL restaurants because Matt is such a bland eater... but that steak of Tim's looked right up his alley!

Thanks for sharing... looking forward to the next update!
Hi there, glad you are enjoying it. My kids are growing up WAY too fast as I'm sure yours are as well. Yes, Lauren just gets sassier with age which I never thought was possible. Give Sanaa a try you won't regret it!!

Thanks for your Sanaa review!

I think it's so beautiful and it would blow boyfriend away BUT there's basically nothing he'd eat on the menu so I have to reluctantly pass.
You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it.

How fun & special to have your parents there! Those will be very treasured memories. I've spent quite a few trips with my aunts, uncles & cousins and we've had so much fun.
It was a wonderful trip of memories that's for sure!

Subbing! Loving all of the report so far as I always do! I'm adding Sanaa to my ADR list for our next trip!
So glad you found us again and are enjoying this one. Yes, happy to hear Sanaa made your list, you'll have to let me know what you think : )
Excited to see a new TR!!! I am curious what you told the gate attendant when you parked in the BLT lot. I was told we would need a TS res. in order to park there. I want to park there 1 night in Sept since we are doing MNSSHP one of the nights and don't want to fight the crowds to the boat with toddlers. I considered eating at The Wave first but don't really want to.
Awesome room upgrade! I was told by DVC that half the value rooms have savannah views and to request them. Not too shabby!! :goodvibes
Just told the gate attendant we were there to visit friends : ) The room upgrade was WONDERFUL!!!

Great update! I can't wait to be sitting and watching that parade, in 31 days. Reading your TR makes my upcoming trip more real.
Glad you are enjoying the updates, hope your trip is/was AWESOME!!!

You know I haven't been on the Dis for a long time, but something said get on there and see if there is a Tim and Lesley trip report>>!! Yay !! Love the report so far, thank God you were alright, it does make you think and be grateful for all that you have when you have a scare like that. Can't wait for more !!
Happy you came back and found us again : ) Yes, it was quite a scare!!

Thank God you and your family are ok. I have been following your trip reports for a few years and I always love to read about all the wonderful things you post I for a moment get swept away and actually feel like I am back at my beloved Disney. Today is the first chance I have had to look at your last trip and I was in shock when I saw the pics of your car. I am so thankful that God spared you and your family and kept you all safe..God is so good.. Thanks for this trip report and glad again your all ok!:littleangel:
Thanks, it was very scary. So glad you found us again for another TR.
subscribing
Welcome!

how great to find a trip report from you and your lovely family. what a frightening way to begin a vacation but thank goodness you weren't hurt and could move forward. how nice that your parents could join you.

i've read all your reports but haven't commented much. your pictures are always great with just enough detail to let us who aren't there feel like we're included. thanks for taking the time to share.
Thanks! Glad you found us again. Thanks for deciding to comment, that means a lot : )
Hey Lesley,
Great Report so far so glad to hear you guys are ok and so brave to keep going. I wanted to ask you a question I am going to disney with my family of 5 for 10 days ususally we always do the DDP but it will cost us 2,000 plus our park tickets are 2,000. We are DVC members, so saved on room that way. However we are only doing 3 sit down meals this trip, we are going to try and not do any DDP we arent really big eaters do you think this is a wise choice? We have done the counter service meal plan in the past and its just too much food I can eat a kids meal at counter service plus I do not need a dessert from the counter service, let me know what you think.

Thanks
Jeanine
Hey Jeanine, glad you are enjoying the TR. If you are only doing 3 sit down meals then the DDP might not be worth it for you, I suggest adding up your receipts this trip and seeing how you come out, a Tables and Wonderland card is also a good idea to save you money !!

So last we left you we had a Magical Evening at the Magic Kingdom.
We awoke ready for the day in the parks with my parents, park of choice: Epcot.
I loved watching my mom outside on the balcony each morning taking in all of the wildlife:
077.jpg

We headed down to the bus stop around 8:30 a.m.:
[COLOR=purple}When we got there we split up, my parents and I went to Figment with the kids and Tim got Soarin’ Fast Passes for everyone:[/COLOR]
081.jpg

As usual we had Figment to ourselves, I know so many can’t stand this ride, but I think it’s cute:
082.jpg

083.jpg

My mom enjoyed playing in the exit area with the kids:
084.jpg

I have such wonderful memories of my kids playing on these sound pads, and if you’ve followed my trip reports since the beginning you can picture little 12 month old Lauren and 2 year old Luke on these, ahhhh time just flies too fast for my taste : )
085.jpg

086.jpg

Luke sent an email home to his other grandma:
087.jpg

I REALLY wanted my dad to see the Jammitors so we ran to their next performance:
089.jpg

Dad loved it. After this Tim and I wanted to ride Test Track and do the single rider line. So mom and dad took the kids to Ellen’s Energy Adventure and Tim and I took in Test Track, pretty much walked right on
090.jpg

Mom, dad and the kids enjoyed Ellen. We met up with them by the pretty flowers nicely displayed for Flower and Garden Festival:
092.jpg

It wouldn’t be a TimandLesley trip report without Luke acting like his father and being silly:
093.jpg

My parents:
094.jpg

We wanted to check out some of the Flower and garden displays so we went over to the fairy garden:
095.jpg

They had a fun interactive activity, in front of each fairy was a rubbing of their autograph, Lauren enjoyed doing this and collecting all of the signatures:
097.jpg

101.jpg

When she was all done they gave her a reward certificate and a packet of flower seeds:
108.jpg

We decided to explore World Showcase for a bit. :
110.jpg

Of course we had to stop in Germany for some yummy caramel treats:
112.jpg

The kids enjoyed a Kim Possible Mission (for the last time since it’s now Agent P)
113.jpg

We stopped at a KidCot station for Lauren to create Duffy:
118.jpg

120.jpg

We took the boat back to Future World so we could use our Fast Passes for Soarin’:
124.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!!!

Soarin’ was wonderful as always but had a funny moment. We went in and were seated and all of a sudden this man came running back and reached between Tim’s leg into the basket underneath Tim and started yanking out this HUGE cooler with a strap, it was so funny, looked like Tim was giving birth. Tim was like “are you at least gonna buy me a drink first?” we were ALL cracking up : )
After this we went to Japan via the boat so we could see the Candy lady, my parents had never seen her before, she made incredible candy as always and the kids got to pick two creations for her to make which they loved:
127.jpg

130.jpg

By now it was time to head to Canada for our late lunch at LeCelliler.
I loved scenes like this throughout the trip:
134.jpg

YUM!
135.jpg

I just love the gardens in Canada:
136.jpg

137.jpg

LeCellier did NOT disappoint! We had an amazing meal as always and had a lovely server. She obliged and brought us nothing but warm pretzel bread and just kept it coming. We all enjoyed some cheddar bacon soup:
138.jpg

My favorite meal on property, man if I only could have that mushroom risotto now, YUM!!!!!!
139.jpg

We all enjoyed our meals, we asked them to box up desert because we were so full:
141.jpg

We headed to the exit and enjoyed the lovely flower displays along the way, if ONLY we could convince Disney to leave the flowers out year round………
145.jpg

Butterfly tent:
146.jpg

147.jpg

We had promised the kids that on this evening we would check out Kidani Village and the community hall and the pool.
We got back to the room, changed into our suits and took the SHORT walk over to Kidani (I was shocked how short this walk was)
148.jpg

149.jpg

We had fun in Community Hall:
153.jpg

Lauren did a scrapbook craft (only 1.00!)
154.jpg

156.jpg

I enjoyed the balcony and views they had from the hall:
152.jpg

We asked the cast member to take a family photo of us:
157.jpg

Then we went out to the pool to swim, we practically had the place to ourselves, it is a wonderful area:
158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

163.jpg

We enjoyed some pool and hot tub time and a game of ping pong.
We got some sandwiches using our counterservice credits at the pool bar for dinner, they were yummy:
165.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

Then we walked back to the room, the kids were dying to try out the Jacuzzi in our bathroom, that got a little crazy : )
167.jpg

171.jpg

On Our Next Episode:
-Luke is the star of the show
-Goofy all around
-Last night with Mom and Dad

Every time we go to the Flower and Garden Festival I ALWAYS think the same thing, "I sure wish they'd leave these gorgeous flowers up all year!!"

It looks like the crowd level was pretty much awesome! :dance3:

Welcome back from your latest trip! I hope you had fun! I loved this update because it reminds me of Flower & Garden Festival from last year. We did Le Cellier and enjoyed the flowers. I had DS 2 months ago. When I am reading your TR I just can't wait to share the World with him! I am hoping to take him sometime next year.

GREAT update!!! You guys really know how to have fun!
LOVE the pics, esp the family one!! Looking forward to
more!!

Great update! I love the Flower and Garden Festival, it's so pretty. The pictures in the jacuzzi are great! Can't wait to read more.

On a side note are you guys going there this summer also?

Great update! We just bought DVC and are going to stay at Kidani next year - we can't wait.

We love Figment also.

I have made the LeCellier Mushroom Risotto (and the Cheddar Cheese soup) at home and they turned out pretty good.

What a fun evening!

Love the family picture of all of you! AKL looks wonderful, we cannot wait to stay there now that we are DVC members.

Every time we go to the Flower and Garden Festival I ALWAYS think the same thing, "I sure wish they'd leave these gorgeous flowers up all year!!"

It looks like the crowd level was pretty much awesome! :dance3:
I know right, wish they would just leave them up!!! Yes, crowds weren't too bad until the last day of our trip.

Welcome back from your latest trip! I hope you had fun! I loved this update because it reminds me of Flower & Garden Festival from last year. We did Le Cellier and enjoyed the flowers. I had DS 2 months ago. When I am reading your TR I just can't wait to share the World with him! I am hoping to take him sometime next year.
Thanks,I had a blast down there on my training trip, but disney wasn't Disney without my family : ) Sharing Disney with your little ones makes it all the more Magical!!!

GREAT update!!! You guys really know how to have fun!
LOVE the pics, esp the family one!! Looking forward to
more!!
Glad you are enjoying it Sharon!
Great update! I love the Flower and Garden Festival, it's so pretty. The pictures in the jacuzzi are great! Can't wait to read more.

On a side note are you guys going there this summer also?
Well, if you look at my ticker WE BOOKED 7 NIGHTS ON THE FANTASY the other day at a really great rate, I am sooooooooooooooo excited. So we are doing that instead of surprising the kids at Christmas like we had planned. Yes, I think we will do a week next summer, probably June, haven't booked anything yet though.

Looks like another great day...and low crowds!!! Great family picture....and I just love that jacuzzi!!! What fun!
It was a great day, thanks for reading/posting
Great update! We just bought DVC and are going to stay at Kidani next year - we can't wait.

We love Figment also.

I have made the LeCellier Mushroom Risotto (and the Cheddar Cheese soup) at home and they turned out pretty good.
Congrats on your DVC purchase, you will love Animal Kingdom Lodge and Kidani, just beautiful. Well..........you'll have to share those recipes please:thumbsup2
What a fun evening!

Love the family picture of all of you! AKL looks wonderful, we cannot wait to stay there now that we are DVC members.
Thanks, you will love staying there! Thanks for reading/posting
Just found your trip report and it is awesome! What a sweet family you have. Looks like a fabulous trip so far!
Glad you found us, thanks for your sweet comments : ):goodvibes

If you didn’t check out our latest installment that I posted yesterday (Epcot morning/Kidani Village evening) click here before reading this:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45407097#post45407097I am putting updates up fast and furious because we have scheduled a cruise on the Disney Fantasy for August 4th and I need to get this done before we sail : )
Soooooooooooooooo this was our last day with mom and dad in the parks as they were leaving the next morning. We decided it would be a Hollywood Studios Day.
It was a busy morning and we were there for rope drop:
175.jpg

Tim ran ahead with my dad and got fast passes for us for Toy Story Mania and I headed to Tower of Terror with my mom and the kids. This was my mom’s first time riding.
180.jpg

We all survived : )
After Tower of Terror we met up at Star Tours and rode:
183.jpg

After that my mom’ s stomach was bothering her a bit. I REALLY wanted to take a drawing class, so dad, Lauren and I took the class and Tim, Luke and mom rode their favorite: Great Movie Ride.
WE enjoyed our class:
187.jpg

It was Goofy this time, here’s mine:
188.jpg

I REALLY can not normally draw so I am always so proud of my drawings in these classes:
190.jpg

Everyone really had fun:
191.jpg

Then we stopped for a snack, Luke found a new love for Churro’s within Disney parks (he still talks about them : )
193.jpg

I got fast passes for Rockin’ Roller coaster while they were snacking:
194.jpg

By this time we could use our Fast Passes from the morning to ride Toy Story Mania:
198.jpg

LOVED LOVED LOVED it as always, here was my score:
200.jpg

Tim’s was on the right……………yeah yeah yeah, he beat me………..AGAIN : (
I don’t know if you enjoy the street performers in Hollywood Studios as much as I do, but I LOVE them, and this guy is my favorite!!
201.jpg

I saw him earlier and asked him where the next show was so we stalked him to this show, it was a big one with a LOT of the street performers, a FUN show. My dad was sung to seductively by one of the ladies, it was hilarious. THEN Luke got called up to participate:
208.jpg

He had to basically due a juggling act with these metal cones, it was tough, he was a trooper. At first I thought he’d never get it down.
BUT HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
215.jpg

222.jpg

After that we went to One Man’s Dream:
232.jpg

My parents had never been in there or seen the movie, they loved it……how couldn’t you : )
Then it was time to walk to Rockin’ Roller Coaster to use our fast passes:
234.jpg

235.jpg

Our ride photos (mom and dad sat this one out):
236.jpg

My favorite ride on property and it SHOWS:
237.jpg

Then we headed back to Animal Kingdom Lodge to chill and relax. We had fun snuggling in our HUGE King sized bed:
240.jpg

Then it was time to walk back to Kidani for another delicious meal at Sanaa:
247.jpg

Our view at dinner:
250.jpg

Inside of beautiful Sanaa:
251.jpg

252.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST!!

Our view as dinner progressed, just doesn’t get any better!!
254.jpg

These birds are HALARIOUS, they come right up to the window and bob up and down the entire meal, too funny!
257.jpg

258.jpg

Tim and I ordered the bread service appetizer again, here is the yummy Nan bread:
259.jpg

You get to pick the three sauces, they are BEYOND DELICIOUS!!
260.jpg

After our AMAZING dinner Dad and Tim decided to head back to the room and chill, I think they got a drink at the bar. Mom and the kids and I really wanted to see FAntasmic, so we caught a bus back to Hollywood Studios:
262.jpg

263.jpg

264.jpg

We got there about 50 minutes prior to showtime and it was filling up FAST!
267.jpg

It was fantastic as always:
269.jpg

270.jpg

We headed back to the room and the sad process of mom and dad packing their bags ensued, we were so sad to see them go.
Coming up in the next Episode:
Bye to mom and dad
Tooth Fairy Surprises
Yeti Time!

What another great day in the park! It looks like fun was had by all. Your dinner looked awesome. I know I said it before, but I have to check out that place!

found your report awhile back--so exciting to see how your kids have grown and changed, but still seem sweet as ever!! Great report as always!! And how fun to have the cruise in a few short weeks:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter