Tiki Birds

Sweettears

60 years of Disney fandom and counting
Just finished watching an old video of the TiKi Birds Under New Management. I'm not sure I feel I had seen the original before I saw the revised version. In retrospect I can see why everyone hated the change. It's awful.:faint:

Fortunately they changed it back

True, but nobody sings along to that portion at DL, either. Wish it still had the fountain, though.
I might be misunderstanding, it is mostly the fountain I was talking about. The biggest sing along of the show is the Birdies sing portion and that is also back in WDW.

I might be misunderstanding, it is mostly the fountain I was talking about. The biggest sing along of the show is the Birdies sing portion and that is also back in WDW.

Ohhh. I think we were both misunderstanding. I was talking about the audience-participation portion of Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing, which still exists at Disneyland but was cut from the end of the song at Magic Kingdom when the show returned after the fire that ended the "New Management" version of the show. You're talking about Barcarolle, which no longer exists in either version of the show and was cut longer ago, I think in the 1990s.

My comment about the fountain concerned the central fountain of dancing water that also still exists at Disneyland, but was replaced in the returned show at Magic Kingdom with a fog effect. While the show looks great at Magic Kingdom, I think the loss of the actual fountain of water there detracts from the original vibe of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter