Tiggerdad heading to Gulf State Park October 2016

Well folks, old Tiggerdads luck has run out. Once again I have been suckered, fooled, tricked, and hung out to dry...

View attachment 200230

View attachment 200231

The horror of Columbus Day sales...

Currently sharing a bench with two others guys. We're trying to support one another.
I feel your pain brother as I too have the anti shopping gene. But I would suggest next time leave the mat at home and she may I say again MAY let you off a little easier.
Thanks for feeding our need during current TR Drought

Well folks, old Tiggerdads luck has run out. Once again I have been suckered, fooled, tricked, and hung out to dry...

View attachment 200230

View attachment 200231

The horror of Columbus Day sales...

Currently sharing a bench with two others guys. We're trying to support one another.

"Columbus Day" is just another excuse (one of many) to get people onto the Outlet property. But you got plenty of room in that big camper to haul stuff back home, right? :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

Tiggerdad, thanks for sharing your trip with us, makes me feel thankful to live so close to paradise. I take it the yellow flies are not a problem this time of year? How were the sales at the Outlets?, I know yall hit every store in the place almost!

Hope yall made it back to Meridian safely,

No yellow flies we did get a flyby from the Blue Angels yesterday evening on the middle beach. Figure they were returning from their Columbus Day show.

We are safe and sound in Mississippi and getting camper ready for the winter.

I feel your pain brother as I too have the anti shopping gene.
I too feel the pain. I don't have the anti-shopping gene though.... Mine is more complex then that. I am not a "Browser". When I go shopping it's typically for one of two things. I am either "Researching" for something I need (i.e. I need a new couch and I am looking for the right one) OR I am going to buy something Specific. (i.e. I have found the right couch at the right price and I am going to make the purchase.

My anti-shopping gene is more of an "Anti-browsing" gene. If I don't want or need something, I don't want to go to a shop to look for something just in case I might find something I want/need. I got enough stuff already to keep track of.

Still not sure how many made in China, over priced, Vera Bradley pieces of ..... well you know, that a girl needs. Not only that DW is hooking the DD's (11 and 19) into them as well.... Ugh!

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled thread....

Glad Tiggerdad had a good trip. Can't imagine how hard it is to winterize in "Alabama" :)

Great TR, looks like the girls had lots of fun. I don't post much, but I do read the threads, can't wait until I'm back at the Fort, 111 days to go!

Thanks from me too, tiggerdad. I'll be down at Gulf State Park in about a month and you have whet my appetite.

Bama Ed

Great report tiggerdad. Hoping we will be back with you all in May. Loved the kites. Would be nice to be there with no yellow flies, those things were bad!

Great report tiggerdad. Hoping we will be back with you all in May. Loved the kites. Would be nice to be there with no yellow flies, those things were bad!
Yeah, but Southalabama5er and Dirtywhiteboy's idea with the STP and flower pots seemed to help those last few nights. I'm packing in and using the yard torches next May as those yellow flies really messed my wife up. Took her two weeks to heal.

The girls say to give Yeti and Mallory big hugs for them.

Kris,

Sorry to hear about Mallory. Slow is still better than "No".

I'm packing in and using the yard torches next May as those yellow flies really messed my wife up. Took her two weeks to heal.
Do you mean the week after Memorial Day when we were all there? I don't remember getting any bites. And DW and I are usually magnets for that kind of thing.

j

Sorry we missed you guys. Timing was just bad for us.

Thank you for this Mini TR and the thread! Feeding my Pre obsessing quite nicely. We plan on staying somewhere along that route for a couple nights before heading to Orlando KOA in Jan. I was think it would be a nice place to hit the reset and relax button before heading into Orlando Jan 21. We've never seen the coastline other than Cal/Or/Wa, so we are so excited. We were leaving to Destin, but seeing all these trails seems nice for the dogs.

A bit off topic but I see you have pets as well. Is there no where dogs are allowed on the beaches? It's so opposite from our Oregon coastline where everyone brings their dogs and rarely a leash. I can't do that with my jack or she'd follow a gull to God knows where.... But we do love walking them along the shore. Took our lab for her first ocean swim in Astoria in Aug. she was so hilarious and cute! I equate it to a child's face whose only amusement park experience has been the end of school pass thru carny to seeing a Disney park for the first time !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter