Thunderstorms forecast for Saturday...Strategies?

CJ2K2

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm heading to Disney this Saturday and Sunday. Just my luck, the forecast for this Saturday is rain the majority of the day with Thunderstorms for a good chunk of it. The plan was to do Magic Kingdom on Saturday. My understanding is that all the outdoor rides are closed with thunder in the area. Hopefully this forecast will change, but if it doesn't, how should my strategy change in terms of fastpasses? What's Magic Kingdom usually like when it's raining (and thundering outside), is it still worth going?

If 7DMT gets shut down due to weather, the FP then becomes an Anytime FP and you can use this FP to ride 7D when it reopens.

Anytime FPs will be given for any FP rides that are downed. So, your strategy doesn't need to change other than to take shelter when lightning is in the area.

lots of people will leave the park, try to get there when the mayor storm passes, if you already have fastpasses like they said it will become anytime one, if the forecast looks good for the late hour I would go around that the park will be less crowded

I'm hoping we can make it through the snow and ice to get there!!! (We leave tomorrow night, and are supposed to arrive on Saturday). :tinker:

What about the fireworks shows? I assume they will be cancelled if it's raining/lightning as well. So they just don't run them that night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter