Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. You only need to call Reservations with your reservation # to book the bounce back offer for a future trip.
Good to know for the future. This year I was there about 6 weeks too early to book a bounce back for 2017. I thought about booking a room later in the year and just doing online check in and calling from home with the reservation number. I chickened out though, because I didn't know if they had some way to tell if I was actually there or not and then I would have been out $150.

The rolling 60-day glitch did NOT work for me! We have APs, YET we had 3 Days were we could NOT book FP+s-- our one on-site Reservation ended; I could book FP+s for the Check-out Day; but NOT for the NEXT 3 Days, UNtil we had another onsite ressie! I believe THAT Disney FIXED the glitch! Can someone PLEZ verify IF the glitch STiLL EXiSTS?,

The rolling 60-day glitch did NOT work for me! We have APs, YET we had 3 Days were we could NOT book FP+s-- our one on-site Reservation ended; I could book FP+s for the Check-out Day; but NOT for the NEXT 3 Days, UNtil we had another onsite ressie! I believe THAT Disney FIXED the glitch! Can someone PLEZ verify IF the glitch STiLL EXiSTS?,
It's working for people with regular tickets and for APs who haven't maxed out their 7 day max.

Reported recently in the FP FAQ thread. You were exactly 60 days out from each of those 3 days and you couldn't book? Were you maxed out at 7 days with your onsite reservation?

It's working for people with regular tickets and for APs who haven't maxed out their 7 day max.

Reported recently in the FP FAQ thread. You were exactly 60 days out from each of those 3 days and you couldn't book? Were you maxed out at 7 days with your onsite reservation?

Yes! NOW that you mentioned that,
you are absolutely right!
I was in the ADR online brain mode,

AND tried to book the Glitch days' FPs BEFORE the 60-day point!

Yes! THEN I went in for the heck of it,
AND I was like" Disney, you have a Glitch! because it is TOO early to book our French Quarter Ressie FPs! "
SO I booked them before the 60 -day Mark!

Thank you, you faithful Disers whom ALWAYS find the Glitches,
AND help folks like me that are just happy that my MDE works on Safari( Disney Tech says they are incompatible with Safari//they recommend Chrome!)

Thanks AGAIN!

Hope someone can answer a few of my questions. I am thinking of booking a room only reservation for the entire length of my off site stay so I can book my ADRs and FPs at the appropriate times. If I cancel that room only say 10 days before arrival date, will I lose my ADRs and FPs? How would this affect magic bands I receive? Parking? If it matters, I have purchased tickets and linked them to MDE. Thanks!

Hope someone can answer a few of my questions. I am thinking of booking a room only reservation for the entire length of my off site stay so I can book my ADRs and FPs at the appropriate times. If I cancel that room only say 10 days before arrival date, will I lose my ADRs and FPs? How would this affect magic bands I receive? Parking? If it matters, I have purchased tickets and linked them to MDE. Thanks!
All previous posts in this thread regarding Cancellation of Throwaway Rooms have been deleted. Discussion of Canceling is :offtopic:. Thanks!

Does anyone know what happens if you change resorts between 30 and 60 days as essentially you are cancelling your reservation you made on FP+ and I think that means they get deleted??

Does anyone know what happens if you change resorts between 30 and 60 days as essentially you are cancelling your reservation you made on FP+ and I think that means they get deleted??
Changing resorts will not affect your FPs. Be sure to book your new resort within a day of canceling Stay#1, and all FPs remain intact.

Okay, I don't understand. I should be able to book 60 days out starting tomorrow. I have park tickets linked to my account, and I have my campsite reservation. But when I go to the FastPass menu, everything is greyed out up until Jan 4. I'm assuming that a 7 am eastern time tomorrow, this window will no longer be greyed out and I'll be able to start making FPs, right?

Thinking of doing the throwaway room for a stay in Nov. 2017. If we plan on going to the parks on Nov 11th and have Nov 11th as our check-in day can we get free parking first thing that morning, say in time for rope drop?

Thinking of doing the throwaway room for a stay in Nov. 2017. If we plan on going to the parks on Nov 11th and have Nov 11th as our check-in day can we get free parking first thing that morning, say in time for rope drop?
Yes. When you complete your online check-in process, choose the earliest check-in time (6:30a).

Every onsite resort room door is activated and opens via a linked MagicBand. That's why everyone receives a MB; it has nothing to do with tickets as you don't need to have tickets to stay in an onsite hotel.

In the 1st post of this thread, everything is explained by ckelly14.
What about the campsites? If I book one without tickets will we still get MB with no "room door" requiring MB?

Thank you for the suggestions/advice on this thread. I decided to book two throwaway rooms (at the campsites) for a large group (5 families) going in late March. We are staying offsite and was planning on only 2-3 park days anyway (and perhaps a trip to other).

We were only going to do it with half the group (since half of us already have Magic Bands), but we decided that $96 (after taxes) was worth it for the perks during two of our park days. Basically when you do the math, (at this cost) it's almost worth it for parking alone if you plan on having 2+ cars (Our group will have at least 5-6 cars).
Since two families would be paying $80 for parking on those two days it came down to was $16 worth it for getting 60 day Fast Pass reservations and utilizing EMH (morning) at one of the parks we were planning on going to anyway (DHS). The answer was an easy yes (for that many people).

Add in the fact of getting the Magic Bands (and the new ones to boot probably) and being able to take advantage of at least one EMH, it was a no-brainer cost savings.

I would definitely suggest this for others who plan on making a short (2-3 park days) trip and staying offsite.

Honestly, Disney could probably sell an "offsite" package that bundles parking passes and magic bands at a cheaper cost (than standalone) and it would be popular (sure you wouldn't get 60 day Fast Passes or EMH like doing this, but I think people would still jump on that).

Trying to prepare to book FP for my 7 day PH ticket. We are staying offsite with a campsite booked for the night of our first day in the parks. It sounds like at 60 days out I can book 2 days worth of FP (based on our check-in/check-out dates). From there, I can book my remaining tickets on a rolling basis. Okay, this is all good!

However, what if I don't want to book 7 consecutive day? What about 3 days in the park followed by 2 break days for non-Disney activities, then 4 more days in the parks. Will I still be booking the days following the break 60 days out or does the break in booking mess up the rolling of the 7 day ticket?

Trying to prepare to book FP for my 7 day PH ticket. We are staying offsite with a campsite booked for the night of our first day in the parks. It sounds like at 60 days out I can book 2 days worth of FP (based on our check-in/check-out dates). From there, I can book my remaining tickets on a rolling basis. Okay, this is all good!

However, what if I don't want to book 7 consecutive day? What about 3 days in the park followed by 2 break days for non-Disney activities, then 4 more days in the parks. Will I still be booking the days following the break 60 days out or does the break in booking mess up the rolling of the 7 day ticket?

You can continue booking at 60 days regardless of break days until you've hit the number of days on the ticket. The 60 day window closes back to 30 days when you reach the check-in date. Of course, you have to use all 7 days of the ticket within a 14-day span, so booking beyond that isn't useful.

So I'm traveling with my family (4 adults and 3 kids) in October 2017 and staying offsite and will likely do a throwaway campsite. The question I have is if I make the throwaway reservation now but purchase my park tickets from a third-party vendor, can I then link them to the reservation and thus the magicbands that will be issued?

So I'm traveling with my family (4 adults and 3 kids) in October 2017 and staying offsite and will likely do a throwaway campsite. The question I have is if I make the throwaway reservation now but purchase my park tickets from a third-party vendor, can I then link them to the reservation and thus the magicbands that will be issued?

The magicbands get issued regardless of having the tickets linked yet. The tickets enable getting Fastpasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter