Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I wasn't sure since for our last trip we had a split day and I could only book FP+ for my first stay at the 60 day mark then had to book for our 2nd stay at the 60 day mark of the second stay. I had lots of trouble with this!

Thanks! I wasn't sure since for our last trip we had a split day and I could only book FP+ for my first stay at the 60 day mark then had to book for our 2nd stay at the 60 day mark of the second stay. I had lots of trouble with this!
If you have booked a package for Stay 2, you'll be able to book for Stay 2 and Stay 3 when your 60-day window opens before Stay #1.

If your tickets are separately linked, you'll be able to book for all 3 Stays when your window opens.

I just have to say, this thread is awesome! I did this when they first started fp+ and magic bands. Some of the parks actually changed over to the fp+while we were on vacation. At that point no one really knew if/how it would all work. So I physically checked into resort just in case. Now, after stepping away from dis for awhile, there's a clear cut thread on this very thing. Love it! Thanks for all the updated info!

Question on parking in the case of getting a throwaway room at Wilderness Campground.
Since you can book up to 10 people in the "room", how many cars are valid for free parking since with 10 people you'd need 2 cars?

Is the parking pass just associated with your Magic Bands? So, is basically every adult on the reservation able to have their own parking pass?

So, I have a slightly complicated scenario that I'd love some opinions on.

We're a family of 7 (2 adults, 5 kids, 2 of whom are infants) already booked to visit Disney from Nov 3-16. We're staying off-site. We've already booked our FP, so I'm not concerned with the 60-day advance rolling FP booking, but interested in the Magicbands, free parking, and EMH. We're also Canadian, which leads to a few issues.

1. The only affordable way for a family of our size to get a throwaway room is to book a campsite. Do you get Magicbands for a campsite stay, since there are no room doors to unlock?

2. If you DO get bands for a campsite stay, we have an issue with actually getting them. Disney doesn't ship Magicbands internationally, so we need to physically go to the park and check in to get our Magicbands. We arrive in Orlando the afternoon of November 2 and were originally planning to buy our Magicbands at Disney Springs the afternoon before we actually go to the park. So... is there any way I can work this so that I go to the park the day BEFORE our reservation to get our Magicbands? I'd hate to waste time the morning we're supposed to be headed to Magic Kingdom for rope drop. Would they be available for us a day early and if so... where do I go to get them? I'd prefer to not have to make the reservation for the day before our actual park visit just to get the bands the day before, because I want to use that check in day for free parking.

3. If they DO give bands for campsite stays and we can find a way to get them early... do they give bands for infants? We were planning to buy two extra bands for our infants and use them for SDFP. We already have guest accounts on My Disney Experience for the two babies. If we book a campsite, will they send us Magicbands for the babies as well, already linked to their guest accounts?

4. How does the free parking actually work at if you're not staying on site? Do you scan your band or something similar at the parking for the Transportation and Ticket Center to prove that you have an onsite room booked?

Thanks! Any insight I can get on this (or other ideas if this one wouldn't pan out) would be appreciated!

So, I have a slightly complicated scenario that I'd love some opinions on.

We're a family of 7 (2 adults, 5 kids, 2 of whom are infants) already booked to visit Disney from Nov 3-16. We're staying off-site. We've already booked our FP, so I'm not concerned with the 60-day advance rolling FP booking, but interested in the Magicbands, free parking, and EMH. We're also Canadian, which leads to a few issues.

1. The only affordable way for a family of our size to get a throwaway room is to book a campsite. Do you get Magicbands for a campsite stay, since there are no room doors to unlock

2. If you DO get bands for a campsite stay, we have an issue with actually getting them. Disney doesn't ship Magicbands internationally, so we need to physically go to the park and check in to get our Magicbands. We arrive in Orlando the afternoon of November 2 and were originally planning to buy our Magicbands at Disney Springs the afternoon before we actually go to the park. So... is there any way I can work this so that I go to the park the day BEFORE our reservation to get our Magicbands? I'd hate to waste time the morning we're supposed to be headed to Magic Kingdom for rope drop. Would they be available for us a day early and if so... where do I go to get them? I'd prefer to not have to make the reservation for the day before our actual park visit just to get the bands the day before, because I want to use that check in day for free parking.

3. If they DO give bands for campsite stays and we can find a way to get them early... do they give bands for infants? We were planning to buy two extra bands for our infants and use them for SDFP. We already have guest accounts on My Disney Experience for the two babies. If we book a campsite, will they send us Magicbands for the babies as well, already linked to their guest accounts?

4. How does the free parking actually work at if you're not staying on site? Do you scan your band or something similar at the parking for the Transportation and Ticket Center to prove that you have an onsite room booked?

Thanks! Any insight I can get on this (or other ideas if this one wouldn't pan out) would be appreciated!

1. Yes
2. I don't think will be able to pick up before check-in, but honestly never heard anyone try this before.
3. Add additional adults to your reservation to get more magic bands, max is 10
4. Yes, they can your band

Great thread. Quick question. When we stayed onsite summer 2015, we did the online check-in at the Disney hotel but in order to get the parking pass, I had to get it at the hotel. How does this work if I am doing a throwaway room at Ft. Wilderness and not wanting to show in person?

Great thread. Quick question. When we stayed onsite summer 2015, we did the online check-in at the Disney hotel but in order to get the parking pass, I had to get it at the hotel. How does this work if I am doing a throwaway room at Ft. Wilderness and not wanting to show in person?
Parking passes have been eliminated. Everything is explained in the OP of this thread. :)

Does this mean that if we have a throwaway reservation and two vehicles, both of those vehicles would be able to park free at the TTC on check in and check out day as long as both of them are driven by people listed on the reservation? Or is the free parking only applicable to 1 vehicle per reservation?

Does this mean that if we have a throwaway reservation and two vehicles, both of those vehicles would be able to park free at the TTC on check in and check out day as long as both of them are driven by people listed on the reservation? Or is the free parking only applicable to 1 vehicle per reservation?
They don't keep track of vehicles. As long as someone in the vehicle has an onsite reservation, the vehicles are waved through.

They don't keep track of vehicles. As long as someone in the vehicle has an onsite reservation, the vehicles are waved through.

Wow, thank you! That's fantastic news. We have throwaway reservations at Ft Wilderness, with two families of 5 reserved at both sites, each family having its own vehicle. That's $80 of free parking for a $60 reservation, plus 10 Magicbands in addition. I wish I'd seen this sooner so we could have taken advantage on the 60 day rolling FP booking, but even so it's more than worth it for our family. Thank you so much for the informative thread!

The "rolling 60" is the biggest perk with Throwaway Rooms and with almost 1000 views of the OP in less than a day, it's been quite popular. With the thread being "stickied" along with mesaboy2's, ScrapYap's, and Cluelyss', it will receive the exposure it's due. If it were to languish exposure-wise, moving the thread will always be open for discussion.
To be fair, I only opened this thread because I thought WDW's policy on Throwaway rooms had changed- based on the thread title. To me, the word "updated" suggested that WDW had somehow changed their policy in a significant way, and that this thread was meant to alert us of the change.

To be fair, I only opened this thread because I thought WDW's policy on Throwaway rooms had changed- based on the thread title. To me, the word "updated" suggested that WDW had somehow changed their policy in a significant way, and that this thread was meant to alert us of the change.
It has been updated within DIS Guidelines and the thread pertains to what is covered in @ckelly14's OP. All deletions of off-topic posts have occurred and aren't viewable to all.

My family will be staying offsite Dec. 7-13 and I booked a throwaway campsite for all six nights (not realizing at the time that I could have just booked one night). I already booked all of our fastpasses. If I changed our reservation to Dec. 7-8, would I lose the fastpasses that I already have? It would be nice to save that $400.
Thanks!

My family will be staying offsite Dec. 7-13 and I booked a throwaway campsite for all six nights (not realizing at the time that I could have just booked one night). I already booked all of our fastpasses. If I changed our reservation to Dec. 7-8, would I lose the fastpasses that I already have? It would be nice to save that $400.
Thanks!
You can modify your reservation and all FPs will remain ~ you are well within the rolling 60 day window. :)

It has been updated within DIS Guidelines and the thread pertains to what is covered in @ckelly14's OP. All deletions of off-topic posts have occurred and aren't viewable to all.
I understand that now that I've opened it, and I'm not criticizing that choice.

I just think a number of posters opened it for the same reason I did. I try to stay informed about WDW policies in general, even aspects that don't apply to me. After 40+ years of going to WDW, I have never visited a WDW golf course, but I know they exist. I'd want to know if WDW decided to close them.

I was merely suggesting that maybe other folks opened this thread to see if WDW policy had changed in a significant way, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter