Throwaway room (read post #2041 or #2710 before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Shroog. It makes sense (I think). So I will need to link my UCT tickets to these magic bands to get the 60 day window and if I want to make SDFP I will need additional (non-linked) tickets or magic bands. I knew something wasn't adding up when I was typing my question last night but I couldn't put my finger on it. Disney was beta testing the magic bands the last time we were there so this is all new to us. Hopefully I won't screw it up.

Yes, you got it. You need to have tickets linked to your MDE with the resort booked to be able to make FP's at 60 days. If there is no resort booked, it would be just 30 days FP booking. Then, to make SDFP (same day fast passes at the kiosks), you need to have additional non-linked (to your MDE with the UCT tickets) tickets or magic bands. Now, you could "borrow" someone elses tickets or magic bands to use for SDFP. There is a whole thread about this to give you more info on SDFP.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/

ok, so you would go ahead and make all of the ADR's and FP plus ressies, then cancel the whole thing within 20-25 day's out and it would allow you to keep both your ADR's and FP's (it would be a room only reservation)? In addition 4 of our group are AP's and I note on the MDE that we have 4 MB's ready to ship, plus on the booking there would be several others going and the same 4 are listed for MB's for that too. If I allow the AP MB's to ship now, will they still ship the other MB's for the booking? Just don't want to mess up the booking is all and at the end of the day we may end up keeping the booking and use the facilities there.

Sorry never saw any clairification on these questions. Is this accurate?

Thanks again

Wondermouse.

Hi everyone! I've read through this thread carefully, but I just want to verify my plan.

We're staying off-site from November 9-16th, 2016.

I created two room only reservations. One is for a value resort for November 7-15th. One is for a campsite from November 15-16th.

I've already linked tickets to my account that I bought through Parksavers.

My plan is to book my FP on September 8th for all 7 of our park days (November 10-16). From what I've read about split stays, I believe this should work since my two stays are continuous.

Sometime after 30 days until November 7th, I'll cancel the value resort reservation. From what I've read, I should be able to do this without any issues with my FP's, but I do feel better still having one on-site stay in MDE.

I'll keep the campsite reservation for Magic Bands, free parking on the 15 and 16, EMH on the 16th, and resort airline check-in on the 16th (RAC is one of my favorite on-site perks!).

Am I understanding this correctly? Will this work?

Bumping because I would like to know the same thing. Incidentally we are planning to be there the same time; 11/11-11/16!! :flower1: Also at Windsor Hills.

Bumping because I would like to know the same thing. Incidentally we are planning to be there the same time; 11/11-11/16!! :flower1: Also at Windsor Hills.

Even though no one has responded, I'm pretty certain that my plan will work! Everything I've read so far has confirmed it.

And yay for WH twins! Have you stayed there before? It looks pretty nice and I'm excited for the "real" playground for my daughter!

Yes we've been to WH many times over the last 10 years. Stayed in condos, townhouses and 5/6 bd homes. Never had a problem. The last few times with the kids we've done an onsite stay first for a few nights before moving to WH and the kids ALWAYS say they cannot wait to get to the house!! But I like checking out the resorts as well and get the 60 day FP/rolling that way. My DH would probably not go if not for all the extra space WH provides. Anyway this Nov trip is only because Frontier gave us vouchers for airfare that expire 3/1/16; so we are trying to keep cost down overall. We are probably going to do a townhouse. Would really like the 60 day FP since FEA and the new Soarin were not open when we were there in early June.

You guys will LOVE WH!! :jumping1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!