Thoughts on transportation to port

SuperLuckyMamaBear

Earning My Ears
When we took our cruise last year, we arrived a day early in Miami and scheduled a shuttle from the hotel to the port. Next September we're going to fly into MCO 2 days early (the day before we board is my oldest son's birthday. DH's parents are going with us and there's a high chance my parents will come as well. We were wondering if it would be cost effective and more comfortable to take a limo from the hotel in Orlando to the port in Port Canaveral. We're a family of 5, IL's would make us a party of 7, and my parents would make us a party of 9. Should we do the shuttle again? We're still in the early stages for planning the details like this so I don't know how much more this would be than the regular van shuttles.

There are a good number of rental "limo" services available in the Orlando area. You are looking at $75 round trip per person for Disney Transport. $675 for the 9 of you. The thing to communicate with the various limo companies is letting them know the number of people AND the number of luggage. It's one thing to have a 12 passenger van/shuttle and another to have space for 10-11 pieces of large luggage. People usually see that around 4-5 people it becomes cheaper to do a private car. So you could also consider having 2 cars and spit your party up into two vehicles. Lots of choices. Check out the price and the convenience of each.

The Disney shuttle will be $630 for that many people. I am sure one of the car services have a nice limo/van option for much less. You'd have to look at their sites to get an exact rate. It would be cheaper and you can control the time of pickup/arrival with them.

It would definitely be less expensive for private transportation. We've used HappyLimo and love them. I've seen some limos at the ports with trailers for luggage. When we were on our Mediterranean cruise this year I arranged mini busses for all our transfers, we were a party of 8 and it worked out great.

Thanks for all of the comments. It took a lot of convincing to get my in-laws to agree to go with us (MIL gets motion sick and is claustrophobic).

www.fltours.com is a sponsor of the DISboards helping give you this great place to DIScuss - they can provide this transportation for you as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter