Thought I was on an episode of "What Would You Do?"

Hi, OP here.

Well here's what happened...

After she fell in front of me, I alerted the lifeguard on duty and he called it in. Soon there were several upper management type people watching the woman and child. They witnessed her leave the child the 2nd time. Security had already alerted the bartender to stop serving her. That is what took her so long the last time. My DH saw her trying to convince the bartender she was "fine." There were three other women there getting involved in watching the child and my children were playing with her.

It ended with security following her away from the pool. They said they were going to make sure she got to her room, but I saw her a half hour later walking with the child by the snack area heading to the restroom. If the wall hadn't been there she would have fallen over again as she was still staggering all over the place. Security was still watching her from a distance though.

it was getting late and I needed to get my kids into bed at that point and felt the CM's and security were watching her.

Where is John Quinones when ya' need him???

....*spoke too soon!*

Hi, OP here.

Well here's what happened...

After she fell in front of me, I alerted the lifeguard on duty and he called it in. Soon there were several upper management type people watching the woman and child. They witnessed her leave the child the 2nd time. Security had already alerted the bartender to stop serving her. That is what took her so long the last time. My DH saw her trying to convince the bartender she was "fine." There were three other women there getting involved in watching the child and my children were playing with her.

It ended with security following her away from the pool. They said they were going to make sure she got to her room, but I saw her a half hour later walking with the child by the snack area heading to the restroom. If the wall hadn't been there she would have fallen over again as she was still staggering all over security was still watching her from a distance though.

it was getting late and I needed to get my kids into bed at that point and felt the CM's and security were watching her.

You did the right thing. :thumbsup2

While sitting poolside at Old Key West resort last week.

So it is about 8:30pm and I'm watching my kids swim in the pool when I notice a very drunk women. She is staggering all over the place with drink in hand. I'm thinking it is no big deal until I realize she is the only one "watching" a very young child (3yo) who is swimming in the pool.

After a while she tells the young child that she "will be right back." She then leaves the pool area and returns about 10 minutes later with a fresh cocktail. I notice that the child is calling her Nana and figure out she is the grandmother. As she walks by with the child she stumbles and falls down in front of me (without spilling her drink) nearly falling in the pool. She takes the young child to the hot tub and hangs out there with the child. While there the child accidentally spills Nana's drink. Nana then starts trying to save her drink by scooping up the ice and liquid back into the cup.:scared1:

A short time later she returns the child to the pool and tells her that she "will be right back." once again leaving the child in the pool. This time, she is gone 20 minutes and the young child is calling out for her "nana."

I am not the only one watching this unfold and many people are concerned.

What would you do?

I'll tell you what happened a little later...

As soon as the little girl started calling for the lady; I would've gone over to her to help her out, or whatever she needed. I then would start talking to her and asking if her mom was there, or another adult other than granny. If another adult was on the property; I'd probably try to find them to explain the situation. If there wasn't another adult; I'd take her to a CM and explain the situation. That's a scary situation...thank goodness nothing happened to the little girl.

As soon as the little girl started calling for the lady; I would've gone over to her to help her out, or whatever she needed. I then would start talking to her and asking if her mom was there, or another adult other than granny. If another adult was on the property; I'd probably try to find them to explain the situation. If there wasn't another adult; I'd take her to a CM and explain the situation. That's a scary situation...thank goodness nothing happened to the little girl.

My DH did that. The best we could find out was that she was 3yo, her name, and that she was there with her nana and two teenagers who were out that night.

You did the right thing alerting the lifeguard. It's pretty much all anyone could do. It is then up to them to involve authorities.

Hopefully they did more than just send her and the kid back to the room to sleep it off. Now the kid would be stuck in the room with her unsupervised-- who knows what could've happened then. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter