Thor & Kimberly's Wedding Wilderness Lodge/Arist Point/Grand 1 Update 8/31

schoolbelle

Earning My Ears
I am so excited to be started our planning journal...though I must admit that I've been planning for awhile already. We celebrate 10 years of happily ever after this summer and are over the moon excited about having our dream wedding at WDW in December of this year. I'll be adding more background info over the next few weeks but here are the specifics as of now.

Collection: Memories
Occasion: 10 year Vow Renewal (actual anniversary 7/11)
Date: December 9
Theme: Not too much I can do here but woodland touches
Colors: Eggplant or deep purples
Ceremony Location: Sunrise Terrace Wilderness Lodge
Ceremony Time: 3 PM
Post Ceremony Dinner: Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
Dessert & Fireworks: Wishes Cruise on Grand One
Staying: Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
Photography: David & Vicki Arndt
Makeup/hair: Patricia Lejune
Officiant: Rev. Knox
Dress: Disney Alfred Angelo Sleeping Beauty 227
Shoes: Gianna Dyeables in Alfred Angelo "Grape"
Veil: Elen Henderson Designs (Fingertip length, cascading ribbon veil in white with Swarovski crystals here and there.)

:cloud9:

So wonderful that you two are celebrating 10 years of love! And what a magical time of the year to have your vow renewal! I will be following along on your journey. :)

Congratulations and welcome! I love all your locations and plans so far! Hope we will get some dress photos later on! :goodvibes

Creating an online planning journal is so appropriate for us because online is where it all began.

Our first date & engagement:

After an ugly breakup with a long time boyfriend I decided to place an ad on match.com. I had tons of responses and didn't open a single email because I was SURE that they were all serial killers or creeps. I quickly checked my email one day before class (college) & low and behold “you've got mail”. I thought well I have a minute so I opened this ONE email. I was really late to class because I was completely wrapped up in this amazing, genuine, and detailed letter from this cute guy in a nearby town. So I emailed him back.

The next day he asked me out to lunch...I declined ( a girl needs time to buy a new first date outfit). We made plans for that Friday night and had dinner at a restaurant in my town. Just in case he might be a creep or a serial killer I had my co-worker and her state patrolman husband sit behind us in the restaurant. After about a half an hour I gave her my covert signal for “it's all good, he's not going to chop me into pieces” and they left.

We went to a movie, a war movie which he felt terrible about taking me to see on a first date. But I thought it was a great movie and that was the start of our crazy love of seeing movies together (we see one nearly every week).

We stayed out talking 'till 4 in the morning and he returned me home safe and sound with a great goodnight kiss. We didn't go a day without talking to or seeing each other after that. 6 months later he gave me a promise ring and 2 months later we were engaged.

Coming soon...our first wedding...and his re-proposal last month.

PS. My darling husband could not be further from a creep or serial killer. He is an incredible husband and father and I couldn't be more excited to get to marry him all over again! :love:

Can't wait to read more!! I met my husband online too!! We are doing our 10 year VR in December....2016!!! LOL, getting a head start!!!

I am so excited to report that I've found my dress! I've never tried on wedding dresses before and it was SO much fun. I've lost over 25lbs in the last 3 1/2 months in preparation for this so I was also very proud of myself.

Because I wasn't sure what I would like, I tried on a variety of dresses until I found my "style". I thought I'd end up in a sheath or trumpet style gown but it turns out that I LOVE ballgowns. When I walked out of the room I was literally glowing. I found THE dress and it just happens to be a Disney Alfred Angelo, Sleeping Beauty (my favorite princess). I can't help but laugh a little when I think about how my train will take up the whole patio at Wilderness Lodge! I can't wait until my fitting so I can wear it again. :yay:
1.jpg

3.jpg

I'd didn't think I would end up in a veil for a vow renewal but there it was, the veil I'd always dreamed of with the ribbon edge and little sparkling crystals and I knew it had to come home with me.

Coming up this week: other vendors booked & our 1st wedding.

Here's the catalog picture of the Sleeping Beauty 227 Dress
227.jpg

I like you in that gown so much better than the model!! You look gorgeous and the back is FABULOUS!

What a lovely story! And I love your gown, it's beautiful! Congratulations on the weight loss. I'm on that journey myself. :thumbsup2 My DF and I will be married on December 1! So, we'll be there at the same time. :)

Yikes, I've been a PJ slacker!

We have a planner! Kristin Kimberlin (won't forget her last name any time soon since my name is Kimberly). She's been super nice and doesn't seem at all annoyed by the fact that I already have this whole wedding planned out, without having ever laid eyes on the planning guide. Aren't all brides as zealous as I am?

Since my last update:

We sent the contract and deposit to Disney & Kristin will be our planner.

We've booked Rev. Kevin Knox for our ceremony.

I've decided to add a sand ceremony to our vow renewal, we did one at our first wedding and I really like the idea of including the kids in the ceremony.

I bought this (etsy) for DS to carry the rings in...he's going to be such a handsome little dude.

I booked Grand One for the Wishes Fireworks cruise to follow our dinner at Artist Point (oh, and I made the ADR for Artist Point)

Speaking of ADRs...I made a ton for our trip! Our first night at AKL we're having dinner at Jiko (our favorite restaurant at WDW), our last morning breakfast at Ohana. Other ADRs include character breakfasts at: Tusker House, Akerhaus (if my niece doesn't make the trip with us I'll probably cancel this), and Crystal Palace (surprisingly DS who is 7 requested this one and mom liked the idea of being in MK before the park opens). We also have ADRs at Brown Derby & The Plaza. In case you can't tell I'm a firm believer in having characters come to you!

Finally these are my shoes, I cannot wait to get them. They are going to be dyed "grape" which is the 3rd down on the top left.

Great update! I love you that you've booked the Grand One, I think that the Wishes cruise is such an awesome event!

And I love those shoes! So pretty!

We have a planner! Kristin Kimberlin (won't forget her last name any time soon since my name is Kimberly). She's been super nice and doesn't seem at all annoyed by the fact that I already have this whole wedding planned out, without having ever laid eyes on the planning guide. Aren't all brides as zealous as I am?

I love this! I was exactly the same, we had a very efficient planning session, let me tell you! I think there was only one thing in the whole wedding vision I needed suggestions for. My planner seemed pleased I was so organized. :laughing:

Great update! Love the shoes! What an awesome idea for the rings. We are having Rev. Knox as our officiant as well. He's super nice, a lovely man.

I've been seriously neglecting my wedding planning...until now! Only 97 days until we leave for WDW.

This week:

• Created our custom touring plans @ touringplans.com (not a plug we just use them every time we go to WDW. We don't do lines!)

• Chose sand colors for our unity sand ceremony. I went with a neutral palette of tan, peach, white, and brick (in between tan and brown) so I can display it in the house for years without it becoming dated...plus I wanted it to look like actual beach sand.

• Picked out tuxes at Men's Wearhouse. Thor & our DS chose a one button black tux, standard lapel, purple vest and bow tie.

• I bought cufflinks as a surprise for DH, DS, and if my mom lets me (she wants to get them for my Dad instead) I'll buy a pair shaped like cowboy boots for my dear old dad.

(Thor) (our kiddo)

• We also chose our wedding music (solo violinist):

Bridal Party (all 2 of them): I See the Light - from Tangled (hubby's pick)
    Bride Entrance: Christmas Canon - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
    Recessional: Main Theme from Up

• I order these gorgeous bags for myself and my mama (it's a surprise for her). Each of our bags has a custom photo lining with a photo from our respective weddings in them!

(Mine)

(Hers)

• I'm having a ton of trouble deciding on a florist (really want a spectacular bouquet) so suggestions are welcome!

• CAKE! We'll be ordering a few mini cakes from Grand Floridian for our fireworks cruise. I've decided to have 1 bride mini cake and 1 groom mini cake and 1-2 guest cakes. As far as flavors it's been a lot of guessing since I can't taste the cake through my screen. I'm not sure how much detail can be done on a small cake but here are some of my inspirations:

Bride cake (leaves on bottom and flowers on top) Groom cake (leaves on bottom twig detail on top):

We also have these cake toppers (love, love, love UP) I have no illusions that they'll actually fit on top but just having them sitting out with the cake will be fine with us.

Guest cake:

Whew! That's it. Hoping this week to get the videography all figured out.

Hi!! I don't know how I missed this!!! First of all....as of now, for our 10 yr VR I'd want to do WL too! And colors would be Purple and Orange! :lmao: Of course, it's not until 2019...but I'm nothing if not a planner! ;)

LOL...anyway....we will also be in WDW at the same time and we are staying at AKV/Jambo from Dec. 7th through the 14th...I can't come stalk your VR though, although I'd LOVE to to see you as we'll be in AK that day and will be having dinner in Jiko that night.

I love your dress! But OMG....those cakes!!! Who is doing them for you? They are fantastic!

Have you decided any more on floral etc.?

Love how your plans are coming together!! Can't wait to see more! What day do you arrive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter