~~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip - or two - or three...~~ D~'s bag ~9/22 ~~

So, I got up and decided to work in my sewing room for a while.... I managed to get this done for the mantel... I love subway art - and I love being able to use my embroidery machine to make an item or two for the mantel... However - this design was a pain to do, since each color & word or group of colored words is a different thread change... So, even though I only used 3 different colors of thread - I had to change them out 23 times. :scratchin But I like how it turned out - so that's cool. :thumbsup2
20160313_161144.jpg
This looks great! Very cute. How long does something like this take for you to do?

Looks like you have had a great week and weekend, D~! So glad you are feeling more confident with your health now! The key is to NOT GIVE UP! And THAT is why you are inspiration!

Sorry D, I did get your text, but I was on the road and then forgot to answer. No luck at Target for me either, so I bought some Danskin separates at WalMart instead.

For your subway art, you can group your thread colors together so they all stitch out without so many color changes - do you have an embroidery program like SewWhatPro?

The time change tends to mess me up. I wish they would just leave the time alone.

I like to think of the body as a bank account. Eating is like making a deposit. Whatever you don't spend is saved, forever, until it is spent.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better about your diet. :) You work hard and deserve to have good results.

Yes - I agree - I am quite messed up right now... Wide awake at 2:30 am for the 2nd day in a row. Forced myself to stay in bed until 3:30... So, maybe I'll try to sneak in a little nap later?

Exactly - good way of looking at it... :scratchin I've never thought about it that way before - but it makes absolute sense. Thanks for that eye opening statement. :lovestruc

Thank you - I am feeling much better... Sometimes I just have those "duh" moments. :scratchin

You are so creative and crafty! I love that! It will look great in your home.

Congratulations on being on point with your eating -- that's great. Now that you have realized the miscalculation, I think you'll start seeing more progress again.

I've decided I want to get a bit more creative with my wardrobe for my August trip to Disney. I used to wear a white shirt (I am obsessed with white shirts and have too many of them....) and khaki shorts, but a couple of trips ago I added some Disney t-shirts to that rotation. On our last trip I wore Disney t-shirts and knit, knee length A-line skirts because it was so hot and humid and the skirts are more comfortable to me than shorts in that weather. I've got black and navy (and some prints but won't bring those), so I figure both of those colors are good starting points. Now to figure out what themes I want to go with and how far I want to go with them..... :-) I'll only have three park days and one non-park day so I may not go all out, but I'd like to go farther than I have to this point.

I was hoping we would have good weather this weekend but no such luck....it rained most of yesterday and is supposed to rain most of the week, with temperatures going between mid 50s and mid 60s, with one day in the low 70s. Last week we were really teased with high 70s and a couple of days hitting 80 degrees....I am *so* ready for summer!

Have a great day!

Thanks - Hopefully more 4th of July items will come out soon... Probably right after Easter... Then Christmas will be out right after that. :lmao:

Thanks! I feel like I was kind of an idiot for the last 3 months... It should have been obvious to me - but it wasn't... Oh well, I can't do much about it now, but move forward - which is what I am doing. ::yes::

It sounds like you have a good start to your wardrobe. I try very hard to do basic colors for my trips - sadly though, because of trends - some of those colors are difficult to find - so when I do find them, I snap them up. The last trip - I feel like I wore entirely too much black though, so I am hoping to steer away from that in October - at least a little bit. I know my black capri leggings will be making the trip and they will get used, but I am going to try hard to have a few new things this time around. Just remember - it is August when you will be down there, and it is HOT... You won't need much more than your skirts and a shirt to wear. :thumbsup2

Bummer for the icky weather weekend for you... At least the temps aren't too cold... We have highs of 49° for the next week - and even I am not complaining about that... At least being outside in MN is tolerable at those temps. ::yes::

Thank you - same to you! :lovestruc

This looks great! Very cute. How long does something like this take for you to do?

Thank you! :) Well, because of all the thread changes - it took me a little over an hour... but that includes stitching time - where I don't do much of anything except for watching the machine. ::yes::

Looks like you have had a great week and weekend, D~! So glad you are feeling more confident with your health now! The key is to NOT GIVE UP! And THAT is why you are inspiration!

We had a very nice weekend... The weather was so enjoyable. I just love spring!

I am feeling better... I feel like this winter was such a roller coaster for me, and it was. The last week has been especially good for my mind, as it all seems to make sense now... It's hard to believe that something so easy can be overlooked for months. Sigh. Oh well - onward and forward. Right? Thanks Oopsi - that means a lot. :hug:

Sorry D, I did get your text, but I was on the road and then forgot to answer. No luck at Target for me either, so I bought some Danskin separates at WalMart instead.

For your subway art, you can group your thread colors together so they all stitch out without so many color changes - do you have an embroidery program like SewWhatPro?

Glad you were able to find some running clothes... I LOVED your after run selfie on FB!!! :woohoo:

No, I don't have that program... I have the free Embrilliance program, so not sure if that one would do it? I use my embroidery machine so infrequently, I guess it's not that big of a deal that I have to rethread it so much - I could use the practice anyways. LOL

***************************************************************************************

I worked out yesterday morning... Just a quick WATP and abs before work.

I spent my day at Target - working freight all day. It was an OK day... I've had worse lately - so I'll take it. ::yes::

I picked the girls up from school and we went to get Allison's passport renewed... That's always fun. :lovestruc It's starting to set in that she will be gone soon and I am trying hard to deal with it. It's going to be difficult, for sure.

Then we came home and I made curry chicken for dinner... Yum! I've been trying to recreate a recipe from a restaurant we used to frequent in our old home town, and every time I make this recipe - it's very close and getting closer, but not exact... It's still missing something. I'll figure it out eventually. ::yes:: But it was delicious just the same - and had we never eaten at that restaurant (a lot) - we'd never know that this dish could be better. LOL

After dinner - it was kind of rainy looking outside, but it was warm at almost 60°, so I decided to take the dogs for a walk. Then - I decided I was ambitious and I decided to sprint them up the hills in town. I've been meaning to add sprints to my work outs for years - long before I ever started running - and our hills in town are perfect for it... There are 2 of them - each a block long and they level out in between them. Cooper was all about running up the hills - MM on the other hand, not so much... But he had no choice - being clipped to Cooper. LOL I started to feel a twinge in my left knee after we did the 2nd hill... And of course, I had to go around and do it again 3 more times... :eek: My knee was a bit painful when we got home, so I iced it before bed. Um - yah - I did something to it last night... It was very painful every time I moved during the night. It's painful to walk now and painful to do steps. I am so annoyed with myself.

So - today... I was up uber early - 2:30am... Sigh. But I forced myself to lay in bed until 3:30am.

I got up to sharp pains in my knee... So I filled my coffee - grabbed an ice pack - and I am icing & elevating it as I sit here and type.

Today should be a heavy lifting and a running day... I doubt that is happening. :( Instead I think I will do some upper body strength training and see how my day goes. I will tape my knee as soon as I remember where I put my KT tape when I was cleaning out my bag last week, and hopefully that brings me some relief. I am hoping for an easy walk later - but right now I don't think that is going to happen either. Grrr... I am so frustrated with myself. I had sooo much fun sprinting those hills with the dogs last night... I remember the days when I couldn't even walk up them... Sigh. Oh well - it's better to heal than to injure further, as hard as it is to sit still.

I will also be upstairs most of the day... I will be finishing my custom order (my zippers arrived yesterday) and I will also be finishing my Halloween bag... So, I should be able to post that for you all tomorrow morning. :thumbsup2

I have an appointment this afternoon... Depending on my knee - I may or may not pick the girls up from school. We'll see? :scratchin

I have lots of leftovers to eat - so my eating should be right on point today... And since I am not eating back my exercise calories right now - I shouldn't have to adjust anything for today. :scratchin

The countdown for our trip is getting smaller... It won't be long now and I'll be making ADRs. :woohoo: Victoria has figured out what she wants and has changed her mind a bazillion times... At the moment - she has chosen NOTHING that Allison and I did. ::yes:: We'll see if it stays that way?

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Pixie Dust to all! :hug:

D~

A knee brace may help. My daughter has problems with her right knee popping out of socket so, when she remembers, she wears the brace for support. I think we may have picked it up at Walgreens or CVS, but it does seem to help her.

I'm sorry to hear about the knee pain. Hopefully it is something that will fix itself quickly. But it must have felt good to be able to do those sprints, especially after the long winter without running.

Be careful with your knees woman! (Take it from someone that will need double knee replacement in the future...they would like to do it now but I am not willing) Does the pain go away at all? Does it hurt worse when going down steps than up steps? If it does not get better today, you need to go see your doctor!!!

Take care! And be patient! :) I know easier said than done!

I can't wait to see the Halloween bag.

Ugh, your poor knee! I would be so annoyed, too, especially now that you're on track with doing your exercise so regularly :( I am prone to twisting my ankles and knees at least a few times a Spring/Summer--I have no idea why that always happens!!

Hopefully some ice and rest will do the trick and you'll be back up and sprinting!! :) P.S. Can't wait to see the new bag!!

Ouch! I had knee problems all through high school and still have to be careful with my knees -- which is why I've only dabbled just a tiny bit in running, even though I'd like to get serious about it and do more/better with it. I hope your knees feel much better very soon! I'm excited to see how your Halloween bag turns out!

We love curry at our house -- I'm always looking for good curry recipes so if you would like to share yours that would be great. :-)

Have you tried spiralizing veggies? My husband bought me the spiralizer attachment for my KitchenAid for Christmas and that's my favorite thing -- zucchini noodles, parsnip noodles, etc. Yum!!! I found a great recipe for chicken lo mein with zucchini noodles -- quick, easy, and yummy. I absolutely adore pasta but I know it isn't the healthiest thing I could be eating....so I'm trying to experiment with spiralizing different veggies.

Yes, it's definitely hot at WDW in August. All of our family trips have been in July or August. I made the switch to skirts on our last trip and was SO much more comfortable! I've got several Disney t-shirts but I'd like to do something a bit more creative....although still sticking with light colors on top if possible -- I thought about a Queen of Hearts theme with my black skirt, but I don't know that I want to wear red when it's that hot -- I don't like it when sweat shows through my clothing (which is why I generally wear white, LOL). I don't know what theme to do with my navy blue skirt, though.....I can't think of any characters that wear navy blue!

Grrrr... And Photobucket uploaded this upside-down.... and won't rotate it for me... So, I guess you guys get to look at it the wrong direction... But you get the idea. :D

20160313_161144.jpg

This picture you made looks great. I can imagine that it was a lot of work to do because of all the change in color.

I think it is very difficult to control your portion size of your meals when you're eating out because the portions are really big when eating out. I think you are doing a great job :hug:
Ulf is on a diet called 5:2 intermittent fasting or just the 5:2 method. He noticed a fast weight loss when he started on the diet and now he feels it's easy to maintain the weight he want to by following the 5:2 method.

I hope your knee gets better soon. :hug:

During the weekend in Lillestrøm a lady from Tromsø told me that she had been with her family car at the garage where my car is being fixed. She said she saw my car and it looked very nice. So today Ulf and I went to the garage to take a look at my new car. It's the first time I get to really see the color of my car. It was fun taking a look at it and I can't wait to get it home in May.

Last edited:
I do have to add... I've been working hard this week - concentrating on portion control and water intake... I am feeling pretty good about it. It's been really rough for me, over these last few months, as you all know... The even keel I seemed to have settled in last year - is nowhere to be found right now... I feel like I am on a giant roller-coaster, as far as my size loss goes. It's VERY frustrating for me, for the last 2 years I've been TRYING to lose, and all I've managed to do it maintain & even gain. I feel like this body of mine is one giant puzzle that is ever-changing, where I can never seem to find the right pieces to put it all together. The frustration is real and it is very painful. I am trying hard to work through it - for the billionth time - refocusing my refocus, while trying to find what worked in the past and making it work for me again... It's truly a challenge, both mental and physical. I know, many of you find inspiration in my healthy living... I sometimes cannot fathom how my lack of progress still makes my journey inspirational, and this is a HUGE struggle to me. But I write it out with brutal honesty - all the same - because maybe there is some kernel in it that will help someone, or help me. :hug:

The struggle is real ..... I am one of the inspired, so thank you for writing The battle ground is all in the mind for me - how to ditch shame, how to not regret, keep going forward as healthy as possible or even more than I think is possible. I even belong to an online boot camp that totally works, when I work it...and that's the struggle. yes folks...the struggle is real....

I picked the girls up from school and we went to get Allison's passport renewed... That's always fun. :lovestruc It's starting to set in that she will be gone soon and I am trying hard to deal with it. It's going to be difficult, for sure.
Ooh fun! Is she getting excited?!
My knee was a bit painful when we got home, so I iced it before bed. Um - yah - I did something to it last night... It was very painful every time I moved during the night. It's painful to walk now and painful to do steps. I am so annoyed with myself.
Aw I'm sorry D. I hope it feels better as soon as possible. And yes, no need to stress it anymore then it needs to be.
The countdown for our trip is getting smaller... It won't be long now and I'll be making ADRs. :woohoo: Victoria has figured out what she wants and has changed her mind a bazillion times... At the moment - she has chosen NOTHING that Allison and I did. ::yes:: We'll see if it stays that way?
Yay! I am looking forward to hearing about all of the plans!:goodvibes

I just love your subway art. It came out adorable. The Mantle is going to look great. Sorry you hurt your knee. Take it easy for the next few days. I hurt my knee last August running and it took months for it to feel better. I hope that is not the case for your. I did not have to carry my walking buddy home. We only went half the distance. It was warm and I didn't want to push her too far. Figured we could ease into it, but boy was she OUT for the night.
Your lunch looked delicious. Made me hungry.
It's official here, we are looking into buying a new house and relocating. I am hoping that the process is easy and smooth. I have already started packing up the house here and cleaning out.
Have a wonderful day!

Trying to catch up on your PTR. I'm currently 5 pages behind. With all the stuff going on the last couple of weeks, I haven't felt like being online that much.

That is adorbs! I love the Mickey hand holding a Mickey bar. Maybe it was just the angle but I didn't think it looked too too huge. But you definitely want to make it comfortable for you to wear.

Sorry to hear about your knee, I walk 4 miles everyday rain or shine. Duluth has a great skywalk system so I use that in the winter. I usually walk about 12-13 minute miles and walking and yoga have been lifesavers for me. I have a stressful job and it really helps my physical and mental health! Disney is also a stress reliever for me even with crowds it is such a break from the real world. I hope your knee feels better soon.

I'm sorry you are having knee pain. Hopefully it will soon be feeling better.

I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed the last Downton. I think I am still in denial that the series is over but I am satisfied with how it ended.

Does WATP stand for Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone? If so, I have that DVD set and use it when I don't make it to the gym. I enjoy it.

A knee brace may help. My daughter has problems with her right knee popping out of socket so, when she remembers, she wears the brace for support. I think we may have picked it up at Walgreens or CVS, but it does seem to help her.

Thank you - I did end up digging out my old knee brace... So, I iced alternating all day... Then I KT taped my knee and wore my knee brace over the top. My knee brace isn't too supportive - Josh has one that is VERY supportive from his knee surgery several years ago... So, I may wear that one today, since I don't have anywhere to go. :scratchin I feel like this is a strange injury - because I can move around and walk (for the most part) fine... but it's bending/twisting it and applying pressure to it that is VERY painful. But as long as I walk carefully - I can walk OK.

I'm sorry to hear about the knee pain. Hopefully it is something that will fix itself quickly. But it must have felt good to be able to do those sprints, especially after the long winter without running.

Thank you - I am still hoping so too.

It felt wonderful!!! But I am thinking I went into it too quickly? :scratchin I should have waited until next week. Lesson learned - Sigh. ::yes::

Be careful with your knees woman! (Take it from someone that will need double knee replacement in the future...they would like to do it now but I am not willing) Does the pain go away at all? Does it hurt worse when going down steps than up steps? If it does not get better today, you need to go see your doctor!!!

Take care! And be patient! I know easier said than done!

I can't wait to see the Halloween bag.

Thanks Lynn... Yes, the pain does go away - when I am sitting and relaxing it... The pain is VERY sharp if I twist it wrong when walking, or if I apply pressure to it (the most painful is when I am laying in bed and have the blankets on it... the pressure from the blankets - only when I am trying to move - is very painful - so resistance?) But for the most part, I can carefully walk fine... And it was feeling better yesterday - until Cooper decided to bolt on me and drag me flying off of the front porch... That wasn't very helpful at all. :( Steps seem to be OK as the day went on - as long as I was careful... I'd say - going up is worse than going down... The pressure again, and going down, I can lean heavily on the railing.

I plan to keep icing it - I have nowhere I have to be today, so I will baby it like crazy... If it's not showing improvement by the end of the week - I will go in. Thank you for your expertise in this situation. :hug:

I am excited to share it! :woohoo:

Ugh, your poor knee! I would be so annoyed, too, especially now that you're on track with doing your exercise so regularly I am prone to twisting my ankles and knees at least a few times a Spring/Summer--I have no idea why that always happens!!

Hopefully some ice and rest will do the trick and you'll be back up and sprinting!! :) P.S. Can't wait to see the new bag!!

Thank you - yes I am so annoyed... But I just keep telling myself that I am in pretty good physical condition and I won't lose that in a matter of weeks... I still continue to do things that I can do... Like yesterday - I did my entire weight lifting routine, except for my dead lifts and lunges - but I was able to do my entire upper body strength training - so I at least did that. :thumbsup2 I also keep telling myself that 70% of bodies are made in the kitchen and 30% in the gym... So, as long as I am eating right - I should still make progress - I hope. LOL :scratchin

Hopefully this year will be different for you... Injury is just no fun! :hug:

I hope so too - t hank you! :lovestruc

I can't wait to share it! :woohoo:

Ouch! I had knee problems all through high school and still have to be careful with my knees -- which is why I've only dabbled just a tiny bit in running, even though I'd like to get serious about it and do more/better with it. I hope your knees feel much better very soon! I'm excited to see how your Halloween bag turns out!

We love curry at our house -- I'm always looking for good curry recipes so if you would like to share yours that would be great.

Have you tried spiralizing veggies? My husband bought me the spiralizer attachment for my KitchenAid for Christmas and that's my favorite thing -- zucchini noodles, parsnip noodles, etc. Yum!!! I found a great recipe for chicken lo mein with zucchini noodles -- quick, easy, and yummy. I absolutely adore pasta but I know it isn't the healthiest thing I could be eating....so I'm trying to experiment with spiralizing different veggies.

Yes, it's definitely hot at WDW in August. All of our family trips have been in July or August. I made the switch to skirts on our last trip and was SO much more comfortable! I've got several Disney t-shirts but I'd like to do something a bit more creative....although still sticking with light colors on top if possible -- I thought about a Queen of Hearts theme with my black skirt, but I don't know that I want to wear red when it's that hot -- I don't like it when sweat shows through my clothing (which is why I generally wear white, LOL). I don't know what theme to do with my navy blue skirt, though.....I can't think of any characters that wear navy blue!

Thank you - :hug: I am being very careful right now... I could understand it if I would have done something to my knee - like twisted it or felt a "pop" or something... but there was nothing I did to it - that I felt. Sigh. It might have been easier to pin point what is wrong, if there would have been an event to cause it - but there was nothing. :scratchin

Thank you - I am very happy with it, I cannot wait to share it with you all! :woohoo:

I do have kind of a crappy sprializer - I don't use it very often because it doesn't work well. Some day I may invest in a better one - but for now, I seem to be making due with what I have. That was a really nice gift from your DH though - and I've heard great things about the Kitchen Aide attachment. :lovestruc I bet they are super good sprayed with some olive oil and salt/pepper then roasted in the oven... I love roasted veggies!

Oh good - I am glad you are a summer heat expert... That was something that so badly shocked me on our first August trip... It was beyond hot! LOL With navy blue - I did Chip & Dale... You could also do a castle tee of some sort? :scratchin Navy is hard - I honestly don't do a lot with navy either, because you are right - there isn't a lot that goes with it, at least on the Disney spectrum. I do mostly solid red, black... But I agree - I had a really bad time with sweat rings this last November - I'd never really had that problem before with my August trips even - so I was kind of surprised when I got home to lost of sweat ring photos on Photopass. :scratchin I am sure you will figure out something very cute!

This picture you made looks great. I can imagine that it was a lot of work to do because of all the change in color.

I think it is very difficult to control your portion size of your meals when you're eating out because the portions are really big when eating out. I think you are doing a great job :hug:
Ulf is on a diet called 5:2 intermittent fasting or just the 5:2 method. He noticed a fast weight loss when he started on the diet and now he feels it's easy to maintain the weight he want to by following the 5:2 method.

I hope your knee gets better soon.

During the weekend in Lillestrøm a lady from Tromsø told me that she had been with her family car at the garage where my car is being fixed. She said she saw my car and it looked very nice. So today Ulf and I went to the garage to take a look at my new car. It's the first time I get to really see the color of my car. It was fun taking a look at it and I can't wait to get it home in May.

Thanks Lillian! :lovestruc

I will have to look into this 5:2 method... I've never heard of it. :scratchin Not that I will do it myself - but I am curious as to what it is and how Ulf's version works. ::yes::

Thank you!

Ooooh - how exciting!!!! I am so glad you were able to visit your new car - and see the color in person... So, do you like it?

The struggle is real ..... I am one of the inspired, so thank you for writing The battle ground is all in the mind for me - how to ditch shame, how to not regret, keep going forward as healthy as possible or even more than I think is possible. I even belong to an online boot camp that totally works, when I work it...and that's the struggle. yes folks...the struggle is real....

Thank you! :lovestruc Yes - our mind is a very powerful tool or obstacle.... And I do fight with it often. Sometimes it's so hard, but for the most part - I try very hard to overcome it. At this point, thankfully, it's more about habit - which keeps me going - the battle with my mind is an occasional struggle... I struggle more with my distorted perception of myself - because what I see is definitely NOT what others tell me they see. We just have to keep pushing on and do this for better health... I've found if I concentrate on that - the rest does fall into place. It's not always easy - but it does work. :hug: Keep pushing on my friend. :lovestruc

OH no, your poor knee! I hope it's just overuse and that you didn't do something more serious.

Thanks Ariana... I hope so too... We'll see how I do over the next day or two. I am supposed to go up to my Dad's this week - but I won't be able to go with a bum knee - because if something happens while we are out, I won't be able to help him. Sigh.

Ooh fun! Is she getting excited?!

Aw I'm sorry D. I hope it feels better as soon as possible. And yes, no need to stress it anymore then it needs to be.

Yay! I am looking forward to hearing about all of the plans!:goodvibes

She is - a little - we are still a ways off to be super excited... I think we will both be more excited when the trip is paid off in a few weeks. ::yes::

Thanks so much - I hope so too.

Me too - LOL... It keeps changing. :scratchin

I just love your subway art. It came out adorable. The Mantle is going to look great. Sorry you hurt your knee. Take it easy for the next few days. I hurt my knee last August running and it took months for it to feel better. I hope that is not the case for your. I did not have to carry my walking buddy home. We only went half the distance. It was warm and I didn't want to push her too far. Figured we could ease into it, but boy was she OUT for the night.
Your lunch looked delicious. Made me hungry.
It's official here, we are looking into buying a new house and relocating. I am hoping that the process is easy and smooth. I have already started packing up the house here and cleaning out.
Have a wonderful day!

Thanks Lynee! :lovestruc I hope so... I still have a lot to pull together... Hopefully I can start on it soon.

Yes - thank you - I am definitely trying... It's so hard. Oh no!!! That is terrible! Do you still have problems with it?

Ahhh good - I am glad you didn't have to carry your walking buddy home... LOL That's never any fun. ;)

Thanks - I haven't had it in a few days, because I've been working on the stuffed peppers leftovers and the curry chicken leftovers... But I will probably have it for lunches again, starting tomorrow. I have one more pepper to eat up. ::yes::

Yay!!! How exciting! :woohoo: Are you staying close to where you are now? Have you found a house? I hope it goes easy and smooth too - I am not looking forward to the day we have to move - we are quite settled here. ::yes:: Best of luck!

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

Trying to catch up on your PTR. I'm currently 5 pages behind. With all the stuff going on the last couple of weeks, I haven't felt like being online that much.

That is adorbs! I love the Mickey hand holding a Mickey bar. Maybe it was just the angle but I didn't think it looked too too huge. But you definitely want to make it comfortable for you to wear.

I hope you are doing OK? :hug: I am glad to see you here though, I really appreciate you taking the time to check in. :lovestruc I always worry when my friends go "missing" from the Dis. :hug:

Thanks! It was certainly fun to make... I still need to gather supplies to make another (smaller) one... It may be a while though?

Sorry to hear about your knee, I walk 4 miles everyday rain or shine. Duluth has a great skywalk system so I use that in the winter. I usually walk about 12-13 minute miles and walking and yoga have been lifesavers for me. I have a stressful job and it really helps my physical and mental health! Disney is also a stress reliever for me even with crowds it is such a break from the real world. I hope your knee feels better soon.

Thanks! Hmmm.... I've never been in Duluth's skyway system... Is it downtown? It's been so many years since I've been there - at least for any amount of time. ::yes:: But that's awesome that you are able to walk in any sort of weather conditions! :woohoo: I agree - walking/running is very good for physical and mental health! I see a drastic improvement in my own when I am able to get outside and move around.

Thanks - I hope so too! :lovestruc

I'm sorry you are having knee pain. Hopefully it will soon be feeling better.

I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed the last Downton. I think I am still in denial that the series is over but I am satisfied with how it ended.

Does WATP stand for Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone? If so, I have that DVD set and use it when I don't make it to the gym. I enjoy it.

Thanks - I hope so too. I am so afraid that I really injured it.

Oh I did too... but like you - I think I am still in denial that it's truly over... I hope they do a reunion show or a special show or something in a few years - that would be awesome! :lovestruc But yes - I do feel that each character got their "happy ending".

Yes - it does. :lovestruc You should give it a try - it's a staple in my work out routine. Over the years - I've managed to add heavier hand weights, so it's a pretty good work out. :thumbsup2

*******************************************************************************************************

So, yesterday... I was fighting with my knee most of the day. It was supposed to be a heavy lifting day for me, but because of my knee - I couldn't do any lower body stuff. So, I chose to do the upper body strength training portion of my lifts... It worked out well. I always figure that something is better than nothing. I skipped the dead lifts and the lunges though. ::yes::

Then I had breakfast... and let the dogs out... It was pouring rain here most of the day - so I had to take them out on the leash, rather than let them out on their lead to play in the mud... Which, later in the day, was a bad thing... I'd taken Cooper out - and he saw a ball that was just out of his reach... He bolted for it and pulled me off of the front porch - landing on my left leg - jarring my knee. I was NOT happy with him at all. :( I am not sure if I injured it further? But it definitely wasn't any good for it.

I went upstairs to work... I finished my custom order and also my Halloween bag. I will do a separate post with my Halloween bag - so I can link to it. ::yes::

Then, I got ready to go to town... I went to Target to see if they had a different knee brace... But they didn't have anything different than what I already had. The one I have it pretty light duty... I have Josh's heavy duty brace from his knee surgery several years ago - I may put that one on today, since I don't have to be anywhere. I kind of wanted something more in the middle for support. Oh well.

V and I grabbed Chipotle for dinner, then we went to BFF's house to hang out for a while. I had my meeting last night, so we went to that. Afterwards, we stopped at Super Target to see if they had any better braces than at my Target - but no luck. Then we stopped at CVS... Still no luck. Oh well - I'll make due.

I came home and iced again - then I went to bed.

Today... I was thinking I'd try for WATP - but I think I've decided against it. My knee seems to be a *bit* better this morning - so I've decided not to push it. I will just do my ab work out and call it good. As they say 70% of your body is made in the kitchen and 30% in the gym... As long as I am eating well during this - I shouldn't do too much damage. ::yes::

I will be starting my next custom order today - and icing my knee as the day goes on.

Otherwise - it will be a pretty uneventful day.

I hope you all have a wonderful one! Thanks for all your kind words of wisdom yesterday - regarding my knee... I really appreciate that. :lovestruc

D~

My Halloween UPB​

I am sooo excited for this bag! I made a custom order last year (or the year before) with almost this same applique on it... and I told myself, at that time, if I ever do a Halloween bag for myself - I will use this applique... It's simple - yet fun and perfect for Halloween.

I found the exterior fabric - hmmmm... Last year? Or the year before? I purchased it when I found it - so if the need ever arose, I would have it on hand. I am glad I did, because it was perfect for this bag.... I love the different colors of the dots and the overall feel of the bag exterior. I also love the exterior slip-in pocket ruffle and ric-rac detail... I did this on my Goofy bag - and it turned out really cute, I thought it would be fun on my Halloween bag too.

20160315_110122_1.jpg

20160315_110136.jpg

The 2 interior fabrics were also fabrics I had on hand... Both fun and totally Halloween. You'll notice - my bag does not have an interior pocket... I used to include all sorts of pockets and such on my own bags - but I find - for me - they are just a waste of time, I just dump everything in anyways and tend not to use the pockets - so now I just do plain interiors. Especially on holiday themed bags - where I only carry them once or twice. ::yes::

20160315_110155.jpg

20160315_110226.jpg

Finally, the strap... As you all know - I was questioning what to do... Many of you gave me some great ideas - but in the end, I decided to do a plain black strap with purple stitching. :thumbsup2

Overall - I am totally thrilled with how this bag turned out. I've decided to wait a while to show my entire Halloween outfit - as I have all of the pieces to it already. Gotta keep you all coming back - right? :scratchin LOL

I hope you all enjoy seeing it - I love Halloween, so this was an incredibly fun bag for me to make. :lovestruc

D~​

Finally, the strap... As you all know - I was questioning what to do... Many of you gave me some great ideas - but in the end, I decided to do a plain black strap with purple stitching. :thumbsup2
Your Halloween bag is really cute and a black strap is the right way to go. ::yes:: I agree with you about the interior pockets. I can never find anything when I have a lot of interior pockets because I never remember what I put in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter