TheHoneymoon.com - to register for your honeymoon!

SnackyStacky

DIS Veteran
Hi there! I'm new to these boards. My fiancée is taking care of most of the actual wedding day stuff, and I'm the travel planner, so I'm taking care of the honeymoon.

Just thought I would pass on that thehoneymoon.com has a great FREE service that lets you register for your honeymoon. You create catergories, and then put items under each catergory. YOU create it, so it's specific to your destination. (In everyone's case here, Walt Disney World! :) )

Dan,

Did you register your honeymoon? I am in the process of doing that but am not sure exactly what to put in there. There were no samples of a Disney World or Disneyland Honeymoon so I just wasn't sure what type of things to register for. I'd love some advice!

Thanks so much!
Lisa

What a coincidence! My fiancée's name is Lisa! :)

I did register for my honeymoon. It's unbelieveably un-creative. Here it is:

https://www.thehoneymoon.com/gue/registry.jsp?action=edit&coupleID=9119

Because a standard registry has pretty much fixed prices, I tried to fool with the prices to allow for a wide range of prices if people want to give. I had $5, $10, $15, $20 and up, and then just requested mass quantities.

I'd be happy to help you with yours as much as I can, but as you can see from mine, I'm not really creative! :)

Dan,

That is a good idea. I have mine kind of up there in price, so I think I will adjust downward and just ask for more in quantity. Here is what I have so far but it is just a very rough draft and I'm sure I'll be changing it often!

https://www.thehoneymoon.com/gue/registry.jsp?action=edit&coupleID=8708

Thanks for letting me look at yours! I think this is a great idea. Saves us from getting 5 toasters (hopefully!)

Lisa

Looks good to me! I'm going to add Cirque. MY Lisa wants to do that, and I completely forgot to add it!!!!

Thanks for posting this - what a great idea !

Have you had any feedback from guests ? Are they anonymous ? Do they mind donating money - that perhaps isn't acknowledged ?

It definitely doesn't go unacknowleged. You CANNOT make a purchase from the registry without entering your name. There's also a spot to enter a special message.

It hasn't "gone live" yet, so to speak, so I'm not sure how guests feel about it. But it's worth it! My fiancée and I are going all out, so any little bit helps! :)

My fiancee' came across that website months ago, and we thought about registering for our Disney honeymoon, but his mom mentioned that most guests would probably enjoy bringing gifts to the wedding. So we're registering at local department stores.

But registering for our Disney honeymoon would have been cool!!

Diznee25

We're doing the department stores too. This registry is actually more for friends who may not have a whole lot of money to bring a gift. This way they can contribute $5 or $10, and still feel like they're giving us something other than money. (Although I would never consider money an insulting, impersonal gift....anyone who gives money know me all too well! :teeth: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter