The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

....well, I am actually doing take-out.....there's a new Puerto Rican place, call Latin Heat, that has amazing empanadas, not to mention their great rice and beans, so thats what we'll be eating.....

can I take a minute and whine a little bit?

This is the only place I feel comfortable writting this.

I feel awful, I hurt so bad and the pain pills are doing nothing for me. I can hardly concentrate, and I have to be here in the office.
My surgery is scheduled for 7:30am on the 16th, and for the short term disablity to kick in I have to use a week of my own leave first. So I have to save everything for that week. But I am in such a bad place right now.

I just have a few more days to make it thru.

Between the pain and being scared of the surgery itself, I am miserable. I know David is scared too but he will not talk to me about it, becuase he knows I get upset.

Uggghhhhhh.

I feel awful, I hurt so bad and the pain pills are doing nothing for me. I can hardly concentrate, and I have to be here in the office.
My surgery is scheduled for 7:30am on the 16th, and for the short term disablity to kick in I have to use a week of my own leave first. So I have to save everything for that week. But I am in such a bad place right now.

Between the pain and being scared of the surgery itself, I am miserable. I know David is scared too but he will not talk to me about it, becuase he knows I get upset.

Uggghhhhhh.

I'm sorry to hear this. From watching Fran's pain, I know how much pain can affect your overall day and mood. Hang in there and keep venting here if you need to!

Hugs and I hope the next few days go by quickly.

I'm sorry to hear this. From watching Fran's pain, I know how much pain can affect your overall day and mood. Hang in there and keep venting here if you need to!

Hugs and I hope the next few days go by quickly.
Thanks. I feel a little better today, but not much. just 11 more days

Uggghhhhhh.
Hugs, pixie dust, and prayers heading your way. I hate that you're hurting so badly. Long term pain stinks and affects every aspect of life. May your surgery be so textbook that the surgeon remarks that a first-year resident could have done it (but didn't) and your recovery as swift and as pain-free as possible! I know it's hard but try to focus on feeling better after the surgery and not on the surgery itself. Vent anytime. PM me if you need a shoulder. :hug:

Hugs, pixie dust, and prayers heading your way. I hate that you're hurting so badly. Long term pain stinks and affects every aspect of life. May your surgery be so textbook that the surgeon remarks that a first-year resident could have done it (but didn't) and your recovery as swift and as pain-free as possible! I know it's hard but try to focus on feeling better after the surgery and not on the surgery itself. Vent anytime. PM me if you need a shoulder. :hug:
Thanks. Today I seem to be doing a little better, but I am still counting down the days until surgery

Uggghhhhhh.
PM me on Facebook any time!!! You know I understand, completely.
I'm working in severe pain right now.
I even had to go back with an open wound... Sending you BIG HUGS, sweetie! :hug:

Good morning my friends,

Life is settling down some here at work. Pastor Anne is a fireball and she has set a fire under all of us. This church is coming back to life, and it is so neat to be a part of it. Our weekly counts have almost doubled and they have tripled in the youth activities. But, that also means I am busier than I have been in years. I got all of the taxes filed, W2's out, year end finished and new year Budgets, salaries, contributions and records set. I am so glad that is out of the way. Hopefully I can be here more now. Thanks for all of you checking in on me. Made me feel so special.

The month of December was busy to say the least. With 5 birthdays, and all of the new Church activities, it came and went in a blur. Yes a blur, but a good one also. We had a wonderful holiday and praise the Lord we were all together. We had a great time. Marty and Stephanie had gone to a fund raiser for Make A Wish and bought a Christmas Day Fire engine visit from Santa Clause. So Christmas day was in Kearney. You should have seen the faces of those kids - Priceless!! Even the big kids (only a few of us knew it was coming) enjoyed it. They came blazing up the street with the sirens blaring. Matthew and Katlin came home the Friday before and stayed until Christmas day late. They had a 5am flight to San Diego the next morning to spend a week with Katlin's family. Jay and Elizabeth and the boys spent the whole day also. Jay had to work (remember he is anew police officer) Christmas Eve until 4am Christmas Day, so he got a few hours of sleep and was with us all to. It was wonderful. Doug's Dad, Kathy & Randy (Doug's Sister and BIL) both nephews and partners were there. We played spoons all afternoon and the guys watched football.
New Years is a real quiet affair in our family. My dear Momma passed on NY Day and it's kind of hard celebrating with that on our minds.We all pretty much do our own thing and I like to kind of be left alone on that day. Everyone respect my wish. I got the tree and all decorations down on Monday. I loved having them up, but I love when everything is back to normal.

Brandi ~ Thanks so much for reaching out to me. I have been holding you so very close in my thoughts and prayers. The surgery is now behind you and you can concentrate on healing. It is all better from here on out. Bless you!!

Alison ~ I am sorry I worried you. I have just been so super busy here at the chruch. Hopefully it is quiet a bit and I can check in here again each day.

:hug: to everyone else.

WFDT ~ Grilled pork chops, roasted brussel sprouts and popovers.

Make it a great day my friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter