The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I would put a Deposit on that quote (refundable if needed)

The rate is not guaranteed to be available later.

Vacation Strategy will do price match if you find a better price later.
Thank you. Skyauction has a better price if I buy now ($200 cheaper) but that price is off of the check in day that we need by one day. We can't change our flights, so we would need a hotel for the first night, move to Bonnet Creek for a week, and then cut our onsite Universal stay short at the end of the trip. It doesn't seem worth all the hassle, and I feel more secure booking with Vacation Strategy.

I don't think they take reservations. They move people in and out quickly. I don't think there is any wait. Every time I have been to one there has been no wait,

OK....I thought I was good for a 4 BR Presidential....but the sales guy fouled up and said he thought he had a 4BR left, but now only 3 BR units are available....VERY frustrated. So what other options are out there for rental companies or individuals? Need to pull the trigger on this real soon, as I am under 10 months out....thanks for any suggestions/recommendations !!!!!

OK....I thought I was good for a 4 BR Presidential....but the sales guy fouled up and said he thought he had a 4BR left, but now only 3 BR units are available....VERY frustrated. So what other options are out there for rental companies or individuals? Need to pull the trigger on this real soon, as I am under 10 months out....thanks for any suggestions/recommendations !!!!!

Inventory changes constantly. It is a dynamic system. How big of a unit do you need? If you require 4 bedrooms and none are available, get 2 2BR units. I do not need Presidential accommodations. They look a little nicer, but are functionally no better than a Deluxe.

Inventory changes constantly. It is a dynamic system. How big of a unit do you need? If you require 4 bedrooms and none are available, get 2 2BR units. I do not need Presidential accommodations. They look a little nicer, but are functionally no better than a Deluxe.
We will have 7 adults and 2 children, so we need 4 BR...but 2 2BR would work....but from a price standpoint, would probably have to pay $ 500 more for the week....hopefully something will come available in the next few weeks.

We rented a bedroom room deluxe through Vacation Strategies for 3 nights in late April. Are there any extra fees when we check in? We will have our car. Are there parking fees?

Last edited:
We rented a bedroom room deluxe through Vacation Strategies for 3 nights in late April. Are there any extra fees when we check in? We will have our car. Are there parking fees?
The only "fee" is a $100 credit card hold when you check-in. They use that for onsite room charges, etc. If you don't spend that much, you get the difference back. If you do some of the onsite activities for kids, there may be an additional charge depending on what it is.

Which park's fireworks would you like to see? There are lots of good fireworks views so if you just ask at check in the person on the desk may be able to assist you. ::yes:: I previously had a Hollywood Studios fireworks view that was also overlooking the lake in building 4, which is my favorite.

It doesn't matter to use which ones, we just thought that would be a cool view! LOL

I was reading reviews on TripAdviser. I feel sorry for all of those people that go to WBC and do not do any intelligent research. Almost all of the complaints are the timeshare sales spiel. They all go to the parking desk, get roped in, and then get phone calls like crazy. Then, they complain they had to listen to it or were bugged by it. I have never been bugged.

Tips to avoid timeshare sales spiel:
Don't go to the parking desk. It is not required.
Disconnect room phone.
Only ONE spouse go to check-in. Wyndham's policy is no sales spiel with only one spouse. Tell them you are on the trip without your spouse and all sales talk is done.

It doesn't matter to use which ones, we just thought that would be a cool view! LOL

Well that is a better request as it should be easier to accommodate! Just ask at check in, the worst they can do is say no. I love relaxing on the balconies at WBC and have done so even when I had a view of the backside of pool cabanas or of a bush (we don't mind the first floor units and have gotten assigned them a couple of times when we had very late check ins). If you aren't checking in super late at night just mention you are willing to wait for a fireworks view and see if they can do anything for you. Hope you have a lovely stay!

Ok can someone give me advice on booking WBC? I am looking for July 31-August 8. I have contacted a couple of people via VRBO but both times people said they had to check on rates and get back to me and I haven't heard back. I have booked through VRBO for other vacations so I am comfortable using their site. I want a 2 bedroom deluxe. That's it. I looked at vacation rentals.com but I don't get the whole book it now and then they drop the price if you book within 60 days? Seems like kind of last minute to me. Help what can I use that I can trust?

What you are looking for is a Wyndham Platinum VIP member. There may be some here that will respond. Otherwise, you need to go to other sites. I sent you a few in PM. Platinum VIP owners get to reserve for 50% of the points with free upgrades inside the 60-day window. Since you are at that point, for a 1BR you should not be spending more than $600 for 7-nights. February is High and Prime season so you will be paying towards the higher end of the spectrum.

I would look at the TUG site, pay the minor fee to be able to place ads on the Marketplace, and see what comes up. You will get plenty of responses.

Hi BigredNole. I'm having trouble finding a decent price for WBC, as well. I was hoping you'd be willing to PM me some other site I could try. THANK YOU!

Here is what I have done to find good owners at Wyndham. It all started back in Summer 2014. We were going to Williamsburg VA but the hotels were insane. I started searching for better deals. Went on eBay and found a Wyndham resort that wasn't for our dates. I contacted the owner through eBay. She called me after I gave her my number. We wound up getting a 1BR condo there for $400 for 7-nights. Compared to WBC, the place we stayed is no comparison. It was more run down, but very nice for the area. When I got back, I called her to thank her. She gave me pointers on where to look and the type of people to deal with.

1. eBay is a good place to start or to at least make contact with a Wyndham owner
  2. VRBO is excellent and can sometimes find a good owner to work with. I found Vacation Strategy this way and they have always been good but on the higher side
  3. Timeshare Users Group is great for information. They have a place for 45-day or less reservations that cannot be more than $100 a night. They also have a Marketplace to search for rentals and post for rentals. I paid for this access. I think it is $18 a year. Seeing as it saved me over $1,000 just on this Summer trip, the $18 is nothing.
  4. I found another owner through someone I had rented from before.
Once you find a person that is good to work through, it becomes very easy. We needed to stay at DVC and asked the Wyndham owner if there was a chance for RCI. He did not rent RCI because it could suspend his account. He knew someone that was a DVC owner, contacted them, brokered a trade, and got us a 1BR SSR room for 7-nights for $1,250. The DVC owner wanted to go to a Wyndham somewhere, didn't want to deal with RCI, so they basically each made reservations to close out the 3-way deal. The SSR room was 262 points for $1,250 ($4.77 per point). This is less than the maintenance fees they paid for the room.

Basically, my experience shows that unless you are a Top Tier timeshare owner, it is pointless owning one. The cost simply is not there. I have talked with one of the Platinum VIP members about buying my own, transferring my points to him when we want to vacation, and getting the PlatVIP benefit. He is thinking about it and it would basically double our points for almost no investment.

sniper bids got a 2bedroom i had bid on [went for $961 darn it]...luckily there was another 2 bedroom by same seller...paid $100 more but i'm done. $1075 7 nights spring break...vacationupgrades has it listed for $1750 right now. I was afraid to wait til 60 day window to get it for $910. Sigh...when we went 2011 we only stayed 6 nights but it was $600!! so that hurt a bit. lol...

If you are going for the 1st week in April, then that is not too bad. The last 3 weeks of April appear to be Value season. There are several on Redweek for $900 or less during the Value portion of April. That Value season is nice because there is usually inventory. PlatVIP owners can get great deals and free upgrades. If I can get a reservation inside 60-days at WBC, a 2BR is $400 during Value season + whatever upgrade is available. If I only need a 2BR, he can book a 1BR + upgrade to a 2BR for $280. He scans inventory for the best upgrade, especially if there is a cheap way to upgrade to Presidential.

This is why it is good to find a good owner. They charge about $7 per 1,000 points and pass on the lower point total for booking at 60-days or sooner.

Last edited:
We are going back the last weekend in October thru the first weekend in November. Just got confirmation that we were able to book a 4 bdrm presidential for $1602, which I think is awesome, thru Vacation Strategy. They have a great cancellation policy. Last year we rented thru Farrell's and while the people were great, the price was high and you had to pay a lot to cancel or change anything. So excited for this trip! The (adult) kids will each have their own bedroom and bathroom. Last year we crammed everyone into a 2 bdrm deluxe because we waited too long to reserve a unit. :)

We ended up booking 2 - 2 BR units....will give us 2 washers/dryers, 2 refrigerators, 2 balconies, and 2 views if we are across the hall from one another....the key will be to get two rooms that are adjacent to one another...we are checking in at the same time for both rooms, and will be willing to wait 4 or 5 hours for 2 adjacent rooms to be ready for occupancy...and we are checking in on a Saturday morning, so lots of people leaving then. And hard to believe, but 2 - 2 BR rooms is over $ 200 less than the 4 BR Presidential unit....go figure. I think it will work out fine for our family...we are checking in on 11/4/17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter