The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I would hope for being assigned Building 6 prior to check in.

Building 6 has it's own check-in . . counter/desk.

If you were to reserve a 1 - 2 -3 Bedroom Presidential Suite

then that would practically be a for sure . . Building 6 check in.

We have just a 3bd for march 26-april 2. Not a great time to go $$$$
but we are headed down to watch our son play baseball. It's just me and daughter checking in the first day otherwise i wouldn't be as concerned about getting around. It's our first time staying at WBC. We are excited!!

Does anyone know if the tv's have hdmi hook ups? I was thinking of bringing blue ray player for kids
Yes they have HDMI hookups. I think there is a DVD player on the TV in the living room, but not sure if it is a bluray. You can also rent DVDs.

We will be there in 36 days! I cannot wait. What building would be the best to request for fireworks view? We have a 1 bedroom reserved. Thanks!

We will be there in 36 days! I cannot wait. What building would be the best to request for fireworks view? We have a 1 bedroom reserved. Thanks!

Which park's fireworks would you like to see? There are lots of good fireworks views so if you just ask at check in the person on the desk may be able to assist you. ::yes:: I previously had a Hollywood Studios fireworks view that was also overlooking the lake in building 4, which is my favorite.

haven't been since 2012? can't believe it...any new information I need...it used to be building 4 or 5 were best ... we're going end of march so we'll see if we get lucky. still have barbecues? loved playing shuffleboard while grilling...

Hi there! I've been following this thread like crazy since we booked our trip and a friend told me about WBC! I do have a question though - I saw someone state that the pools were heated year-round. We're coming from NY 2/4-2/11. The weather will obviously be practically balmy for us, haha. If it was just the hubs and I, I'd pack our suits knowing we probably wouldn't use them (we're not that naive to think that FL in winter is super hot), but "just in case" it's warm enough one day for a dip.

However, we will be bringing our 2.5 year old with us. She uses the Puddle Jumpers brand flotation device and it's not exactly small, so my question then is... should I even bother with swim stuff, based on a "just in case"? I mean, we already have to bring enough extra stuff (her special pillow, some of her "guys" to sleep with, other contraptions that she will surely perish without :upsidedow), and NOT adding the Puddle Jumpers seems like a gimme. Then there's that little voice in the back of my head saying "but what if?"

Knowing the pools are heated at WBC, what would you do?

Hey everyone. I haven't had time to read thru this whole thread but i need some recommendations. I just won a deluxe 2 bdrm auction for a room here. We are a family of 5 with 3 older teenagers. Where is the best bldg to stay in for my room request? Thanx for the help☺.

Hi there! I've been following this thread like crazy since we booked our trip and a friend told me about WBC! I do have a question though - I saw someone state that the pools were heated year-round. We're coming from NY 2/4-2/11. The weather will obviously be practically balmy for us, haha. If it was just the hubs and I, I'd pack our suits knowing we probably wouldn't use them (we're not that naive to think that FL in winter is super hot), but "just in case" it's warm enough one day for a dip.

However, we will be bringing our 2.5 year old with us. She uses the Puddle Jumpers brand flotation device and it's not exactly small, so my question then is... should I even bother with swim stuff, based on a "just in case"? I mean, we already have to bring enough extra stuff (her special pillow, some of her "guys" to sleep with, other contraptions that she will surely perish without :upsidedow), and NOT adding the Puddle Jumpers seems like a gimme. Then there's that little voice in the back of my head saying "but what if?"

Knowing the pools are heated at WBC, what would you do?

I would bring it. At that age the pool is pretty exciting and fun for a kid and I know my kids would have begged me at that age to go in the pool (even more than the parks). And having the puddle jumper will make the pool so much more fun for you and your husband. When we lived in NJ and would come down in Jan-mar we always went swimming - even now that we live in Florida we still swim all year (even in unheated pools).

ETA: If you check a car seat just throw it in the carseat bag (we have those car seat bags for flying, and no one ever questioned the puddle jumper in with the carseat) or stick it under a stroller if you bring that.

Last edited:
We're staying at Bonnet Creek next week! Is there a small grocery store onsite for milk, etc. or should we order from Garden Grocer or another delivery service? Thanks!

We're staying at Bonnet Creek next week! Is there a small grocery store onsite for milk, etc. or should we order from Garden Grocer or another delivery service? Thanks!
I would order from a delivery service. They have a small store in the lobby but the choice is really limited. We don't do a ton of cooking when we stay there but it is really nice to be able to have coffee and breakfast In your pajamas in the morning and have a couple of drinks and snacks in the afternoon.

DO you have a car? If so, go to the Super Walmart. They have everything you could possibly need and things you never thought you needed. It is cheap, only takes about an hour to get to shop, and get back.

For those that have done Amazon Prime Now, did you get it delivered directly to your room, or do you meet them in the lobby or somewhere else?

We've just booked flights for an August trip and everyone is requesting Bonnet Creek again for this trip. I have a quote from Vacation Strategy for $1066 for 7 nights in a 2 bdrm deluxe for the last week of August. Anywhere else I should check or does that sound like a decent rate? It's around the same as we paid last time (May 2016).

We stayed onsite for years but nobody wants to go back to being squished into one room. Now that the kids are older we have a much better time when we all have space. I'll be looking forward to spending a lot of time at the pools given how hot August is. Are the pools terribly crowded in the summer? I imagine they probably are, but they were when we stayed onsite too so it's not a deal breaker.

I'll likely be putting our deposit down this week. Looking forward to planning along with all of you in this thread again :).

Anywhere else I should check or does that sound like a decent rate?

The only way to get a better rate is to find a private owner that is PlatVIP. Then you have to see if they are willing to do the book/rebook and pass the savings on to you. It takes a little work find an owner that is trustworthy and you have to do you due diligence. You may be able to find a 2BR unit for about $800 or a little less. You could even wait a while with VS to see if they throw specials up on their site.

This is our first time at WBC (and Disney!) We are super excited!

1. I feel like the only downside is 30 vs 60 days on fast passes. You WBCers want to calm my fears?
We're pretty flexible since the kids don't even know what there IS so if we miss something we won't have devastation :) And the price and space well more than make up for it. All the "Disney resort or why bother" people told me 'but youll hardly be in the room!' but I couldnt get over thinking 5 days of park time + iffy sleep from all being cramped in 1 tiny room and not even a microwave to make oatmeal...yikes!

2. Renting a car is probably our best bet right? Kids are 4 and 6. Once I was adding up airport transfers + ubers or the WBC shuttle, it seemed like renting a car + parking wouldn't be that much more, and I feel like itll be nice not to have to wait around on busses and deal with a double stroller. Most annoying part of rental car is prob that we'll need to fly carseats out.

Hi - we are planning our second trip to Disney 4/27 - 5/6 and 3rd stay at WBC. Our kids were 4 and 6 on our first trip to Disney and WBC was a perfect place to stay - the kids loved hanging out "at home" one day - doing crafts, lazy river, putt putt golf, kiddie pool etc. It was so nice that they each had their own beds (in a room together) and we had our own room. Having a car for the week was great. We picked up our souvenirs for half the price of the Disney stores at the Walmart that is close by. Being able to make our own meals, pack a lunch for the parks was invaluable.

We loved it so much, we are basically repeating the trip now that they are 8 and 9!

I have a quote from Vacation Strategy for $1066 for 7 nights in a 2 bdrm deluxe for the last week of August.

I would put a Deposit on that quote (refundable if needed)

The rate is not guaranteed to be available later.

Vacation Strategy will do price match if you find a better price.

Last edited:
what are your favorite restaurants to eat nearby but offsite? Thanks.
We went to Bahama Breeze (others highly recommend it.. we weren't wowed but it was ok), Sweet Tomatoes (casual but we love it .. think extensive salad/soup/pasta bar with some other things), Miller's Ale House is always a must do, and we have done a few offsite places in Celebration and loved them all. There is a UNO's pizzeria close by and a Giordano's. We also go to Steak 'n' Shake on most trips. It's not the least bit healthy but a vacation treat. Most of the ones I mentioned above (not the one's in Celebration) will have coupons or online offers if you join their email list as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter