the Wave and going upstairs for the fireworks-- or just going up there

aviva5675

DIS Veteran
If you have dinner at the Wave can you go upstairs to the CG balcony to watch the fireworks? Or can anyone access the fireworks balcony whether or not you eat at the Contemporary?

No, you have to eat or drink at CG to view the fireworks from their balcony. We have gone for an early dinner, headed over to MK, and then returned for the fireworks and dessert afterward. Made for a great evening.pixiedust:

Anyone can view from the 4th floor. To view from the CG balcony, you must dine at Cali Grill. Not The Wave, not Chef Mickey, not anywhere save CG.

Anyone can view from the 4th floor. To view from the CG balcony, you must dine at Cali Grill. Not The Wave, not Chef Mickey, not anywhere save CG.
No, you have to eat or drink at CG to view the fireworks from their balcony. We have one for an early dinner, headed over to MK, and then returned for the fireworks and dessert afterward. Made for a great evening

1) Correct.
2) ANYONE can go to the 4th Floor viewing deck.
3) Eating at The Wave does not grant access to the special viewing deck of CG.

1) Correct.
2) ANYONE can go to the 4th Floor viewing deck.
3) Eating at The Wave does not grant access to the special viewing deck of CG.
Unless it's the same night as a Highway Dine in the Sky. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they close it off on those nights.

They close off a potion of the deck as I understand it, but it is the portion with the best view.

Right now that is Tues-Sat until March 11. The remainder of March is Tues, Friday and Saturday. No dates past that yet.

When I did that dinner last week I looked to the right from where we were watching the fw and saw a number of people watching on the same level but more like in an open hallway/balcony area? Not where we were. We were in a roped off area and there did seem to be space by us but outside the ropes but didnt see people there. If that makes any sense.

When I did that dinner last week I looked to the right from where we were watching the fw and saw a number of people watching on the same level but more like in an open hallway/balcony area? Not where we were. We were in a roped off area and there did seem to be space by us but outside the ropes but didnt see people there. If that makes any sense.

Yes but take into account the monorail tracks, that would probably cause folks to not stand too close to the rope, they would have a blocked view there. You need to be where the party is located for best view (where those people are seated), otherwise far to the other side to avoid rails.

IMG_0044_2.jpg

that is an excellent picture of that view. We were at the far end, where the seats are, and not blocked at all by the 2 monorail tracks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter