• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I don't know about their jetted tubs but the one in my house...you aren't supposed to use bleach to clean it. We have to use special cleaner meant for jets. Or white vinegar.

I'm just too much of a germaphobe to use a jetted anything that doesn't have constant chlorine going through it like a hot tub. (And even those, I have to just not let myself think about it too much...ha!)

I don't know about their jetted tubs but the one in my house...you aren't supposed to use bleach to clean it. We have to use special cleaner meant for jets. Or white vinegar.

Huh, I did not know that. Someone on the DIS recommended bleach, and not knowing anything about jetted tubs, I thought that was as good an idea as any.

I'm just too much of a germaphobe to use a jetted anything that doesn't have constant chlorine going through it like a hot tub. (And even those, I have to just not let myself think about it too much...ha!)

I'm not a germaphobe. I'm one of those people who grew up as a kid drinking out of a garden hose, eating dirt regularly (not on purpose), and having no sense of real hygiene. As an adult I have learned these things, but they didn't kill me when I was kid, so I don't worry too much about it. A friend of mine was astonished that I used eggs that were two months past the date for baking last week. I think Americans on the whole are a little too jumpy about germs and cleanliness, but that's just me. Most people seem to freak out at the slightest sign of dirt or other unpleasantness.

I don't mind dirt or drinking from a hose. I do mind someone else's skin/hair/who knows what else coming out of jets into my bath water though. Might not kill me but still...really nasty.

That's why I would start the jets first before getting in. If nasty stuff came out then I'd drain and refill it. If invisible micro particles from someone else's body came out of the jets, I ain't got time to worry about that! I'm sure that there are worse things when you get in a public pool, chlorine or not.

That's why I would start the jets first before getting in. If nasty stuff came out then I'd drain and refill it. If invisible micro particles from someone else's body came out of the jets, I ain't got time to worry about that! I'm sure that there are worse things when you get in a public pool, chlorine or not.
Well…. they will be gone in 2025… so we won’t need to worry about that…..

Greetings all! This a question about valet parking cost for VGC.
We're staying in a Grand Cal 2-bedroom villa for the first time in a couple of weeks. 2 cars, one with wheelchair, one with infant and stroller. It would be nice to have valet for the cars, since parking is across the street, but $75 a night plus tipping seems steep. I called member services to ask if valet service is reduced for DVC, when self-parking is free. They referred me to the Grand Cal front desk. They said valet is full price, $75. I'm hoping a discount shows up on the bill at checkout. Has anyone stayed there recently and used valet services? I've heard our handicap placard may qualify for free valet for one car. Thanks a bunch!

I am on Cloud 9 right now! My Disney stars have aligned just right! I just found out earlier this week that my work wants me to go to California in July and I'll be close to Disneyland! I've been checking for a cash room and waitlisted at the Grand Cal knowing that the chances of getting a studio were none to impossible. Somehow just now when I was checking the website the date I wanted opened up and I snagged it right away! The crazy thing is I have really been missing the Grand Californian lately and was wishing for a way to go there. And, the whole reason I have points to book the room is because my unicorn small point contract for Beach Club closed in late March. Don't wake me up if I am dreaming because my Disney dream has come true! Grand Cal, I'm coming home to see you soon!

I am on Cloud 9 right now! My Disney stars have aligned just right! I just found out earlier this week that my work wants me to go to California in July and I'll be close to Disneyland! I've been checking for a cash room and waitlisted at the Grand Cal knowing that the chances of getting a studio were none to impossible. Somehow just now when I was checking the website the date I wanted opened up and I snagged it right away! The crazy thing is I have really been missing the Grand Californian lately and was wishing for a way to go there. And, the whole reason I have points to book the room is because my unicorn small point contract for Beach Club closed in late March. Don't wake me up if I am dreaming because my Disney dream has come true! Grand Cal, I'm coming home to see you soon!
I'm so happy for you! 😀😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter